Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

A good rule of thumb is that if you live in Detroit you will get carjacked at some point. Especially if you go to liquor stores on Wyoming. RIGHT?

I keep my house keys and my car keys on different key chains for just that reason. That way I can just walk back to my house and the car thieves won't have keys to my house. Of course, I will likely get mugged on the way back to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    A good rule of thumb is that if you live in Detroit you will get carjacked at some point. Especially if you go to liquor stores on Wyoming. RIGHT?

I keep my house keys and my car keys on different key chains for just that reason. That way I can just walk back to my house and the car thieves won't have keys to my house. Of course, I will likely get mugged on the way back to my house.
    I do the same thing with my keys.

And it's true that you do have a higher probability of getting car jacked on 7 Mile and Schoenherr than you do on 9 Mile and Schoenherr. This is especially true if you have a nice, newer ride such as a Dodge Charger.

That why, as much as I dislike Warrentucky [[which is essentially a white ghetto), I'd rather travel a few blocks across 8 Mile to take care of most of my business than to do so in the neighborhood.