Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    You have to take emotion out of this
    I have, thanks. Still draw the same conclusions. Don't appreciate the implication that views other than your own are based on emotion and not intellect. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I have, thanks. Still draw the same conclusions. Don't appreciate the implication that views other than your own are based on emotion and not intellect. Thanks.
    Sorry, I was speaking to the emotions of the protesters nationwide and not you as an individual. I appreciate your comments and am trying to understand them. They just don't line up with the facts in this case for me.

Here is the Washington Post description of SYG laws:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...?wpisrc=nl_fix

They just don't line up with the facts in this case for me.
    I think the point you're glossing over is the "facts" in this case come from the guy who isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I think the point you're glossing over is the "facts" in this case come from the guy who isn't dead.
    There is a lot more evidence in this case than what Zimmerman has said. Did anybody listen to the interview with the juror on CNN?

There is a lot more evidence in this case than what Zimmerman has said. Did anybody listen to the interview with the juror on CNN?
    Citing that juror's understanding of the law and her reasoning is not helpful to legitimizing the issue. for example, she spent a lot of time talking about SYG in a case where it supposedly wasn't begin applied.

Secondly there is zero testimony from anyone other than Zim about what started the fight. He didn't take the stand so there is no cross about how MArtin "jumped out from a bush" [[on a corner with no bushes) and how Zim couldn't recall if Martin jumped out from behind him or in front of him.

Again, not Zim's burden and that is fine. However, let's not lose site of the fact the guy who could refute Zim's claims was on a slab at the morgue.
    Last edited by bailey; July-16-13 at 02:41 PM.

Maybe he's dead because he was being an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe he's dead because he was being an asshole?
    Being an asshole is now punishable by death? Asshole or not, zim stays in his car, none of this happens. I firmly believe the only reason he got out of the car is because he was carrying a concealed weapon and knew he'd have the upper hand in any confrontation.

Being an asshole is now punishable by death? Asshole or not, zim stays in his car, none of this happens. I firmly believe the only reason he got out of the car is because he was carrying a concealed weapon and knew he'd have the upper hand in any confrontation.
    How does Zimmerman know he'd have the upper hand in any confrontation? How does he know the guy he's following doesn't have a gun. It was dangerous for him to get out of his car and follow a stranger. All he wants to do is protect his neighborhood. Go talk to the woman whose home was broken into while she was upstairs with her baby completely terrified.

It was dangerous for him to get out of his car and follow a stranger.
    It was apparently much more dangerous for Trayvon Martin to be the "stranger" [[who, again, had every right to be where he was, doing what he was doing). Especially since he was the unarmed one. Zimmerman "protected" his neighborhood by killing the relative of one of its residents going about his perfectly legal business.