Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

[QUOTE=Shollin;374746]
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    You know what, you win. Because I live in Warren that means Detroit doesn't have the highest violent crime in the nation.
    Nowhere have I stated or even remotely implied that but run with it if you will. It's not a matter of winning. It's a matter of understanding when you are being hypocritical. I hold no ill will of someone living where they think it is best for them. I do however have issues with someone giving definitive advice to someone then ignoring it themselves.

Shollin Guest

Nowhere have I stated or even remotely implied that but run with it if you will. It's not a matter of winning. It's a matter of understanding when you are being hypocritical. I hold no ill will of someone living where they think it is best for them. I do however have issues with someone giving definitive advice to someone then ignoring it themselves.
    This is what I don't understand. I don't live in Detroit. I live in a city much safer than Detroit. We aren't talking high crime, we are talking the highest in the United States. It doesn't get any worse. How am I being hypocritical when I live in a city safer than Detroit and Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    This is what I don't understand. I don't live in Detroit. I live in a city much safer than Detroit. We aren't talking high crime, we are talking the highest in the United States. It doesn't get any worse. How am I being hypocritical when I live in a city safer than Detroit and Pittsburgh?
    Because, if crime is the top priority, then you should choose one of a number of other suburbs as opposed to Warren.

Side note: We are not talking highest in the US. We are talking highest in the US over a certain population. When US News used to report the highest it was for cities over 750K. St. Louis was higher than Detroit for a number of years but was not one of the 'biggest cities'. Someone so aware of crime stats should understand these things.

Side note to my side note: Nowhere am I implying that crime is not high in Detroit

Shollin Guest

Because, if crime is the top priority, then you should choose one of a number of other suburbs as opposed to Warren.

Side note: We are not talking highest in the US. We are talking highest in the US over a certain population. When US News used to report the highest it was for cities over 750K. St. Louis was higher than Detroit for a number of years but was not one of the 'biggest cities'. Someone so aware of crime stats should understand these things.

Side note to my side note: Nowhere am I implying that crime is not high in Detroit
    Actually I mentioned it a couple times that Detroit had the highest violent crime rate of any city over 200,000 [[which would include St Louis). Someone so aware of my posts [[To take something I posted in another thread and use it here) would've known that. Crime is a top priority when you are talking about the violent major city in the US. Instead you chose to nitpick negligible differences in crime between suburbs. No matter what suburb I moved to, you would find one with lower crime and continue this ridiculous attack.

Based on FBI statistics
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfi...gerous-cities/
    Last edited by Shollin; March-25-13 at 12:45 AM.

Actually I mentioned it a couple times that Detroit had the highest violent crime rate of any city over 200,000 [[which would include St Louis). Someone so aware of my posts [[To take something I posted in another thread and use it here) would've known that. Crime is a top priority when you are talking about the violent major city in the US. Instead you chose to nitpick negligible differences in crime between suburbs. No matter what suburb I moved to, you would find one with lower crime and continue this ridiculous attack.

Based on FBI statistics
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfi...gerous-cities/
    Re-read post #83 in this thread, you stated, "we are talking the highest in the United States'. I didn't take anything from another thread. I took your post [[#83 in this thread) along with historical facts, not anything from a previous post of yours.

Shollin Guest

Re-read post #83 in this thread, you stated, "we are talking the highest in the United States'. I didn't take anything from another thread. I took your post [[#83 in this thread) along with historical facts, not anything from a previous post of yours.
    re-read post # 27. What I was talking about from another thread was me living in Warren which I did not mention till you brought it up.

re-read post # 27. What I was talking about from another thread was me living in Warren which I did not mention till you brought it up.
    So the fact that I brought up you live in Warren overshadows your erroneous statement about Detroit being the most dangerous [[Note to ensure there is no confusion: Detroit has ridiculously high crime).

Of course, you've often brought up how [[a) you live in Warren, so you must be better than most of us [[that last part was my own editorial statement) [[b) how nobody with any sense or money would live in Detroit and [[c) you are smarter or better than those of us that live in the city because we only play the victim/race card.