Auto insurance is a thorn in my side right now. I'm wondering if a SERIOUS study is being done whatsoever on the impact of this in the state. I am with a second company that is now dropping Michigan because they can't fairly do business here anymore. These were both companies who are not fly by night but smaller agencies that have been around since the early days of vehicles.

As I shop for DECENT rates I keep seeing the hugest inconsistency and confusion ever to obtain a policy. Forget those online quotes, THOSE are the hugest joke of all! I can see why folks are buying it off the streets, insurance rates I've been told are higher then an average car payment. Won't be getting a new car soon in this state.

The worst part is I'm a 44 yr. old driver who lives in 48185 [[Westland). No claims or tickets in over 25 years. Good credit. Was just paying $97 per month for limited on a 2007 paid off Chevy Colbalt and getting quotes now for around $150 per month for PLPD????

It's sickening to me that our state is allowing this to happen in the Metro Detroit area. The least that could happen is some type of tax deduction.

If anyone knows a good and fair agent please let me know as I continue to shop.