Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

JVB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    If that area of Detroit is so bad, why is Gateway spending $72m building a plaza beside the fairgrounds? Why would Meijer and Marshalls sign leases in Gateway if there will be piss poor policing? Sorry, what you said doesn't add up.
    I'm not privy to what their security plans are, I'm just telling you Ferndale has never given a shit what happens across 8 Mile so I don't know why they would start now. And the area is completely fucked, but 8/Woodward sees a ton of traffic so they think they can make it work. Good for them and I wish them the best of luck, but none of the other commercial development on 8 Mile [[Bel-Air for instance) has attracted suburban shoppers so I'm not holding my breath. It'll be better than what's there now, which is nothing. But I don't expect it to transform the area anymore than any of the other commercial development along 8 mile has helped improve the neighborhoods near them [[which is to say, not at all).
    Last edited by JVB; December-13-12 at 12:34 AM.