Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
I-75. KiddieCorner to Comerica Park but across the Freeway. Maybe behind Harrys. Plenty of space for parking and whatever else. Clear away some of that wasteland. Imminent Domain parcels, give holdouts fair market value plus IDK 10%. Pull down long abandoned apartment building and phaps the homeless and hopeless will vacate the area. Set up a new skidrow with services and shelters and what-have-you. Maybe down by the bridge. Let Matty deal with it.

Between 75 and the Lodge, NewCenter and Jefferson [[downtown), the chunk between Mack on the north end and 75 to the south is standing in the way of a stable contiguous city core. Its location alone should make it priority 1 for redevelopment and really if you look at arial views the job is 2/3 done. Its standing in the way of a broader downtown renaissance. I mean... That should be the high rent district as opposed to uh. Im not even sure what to call it. post apocalypse
Eminent domain no longer applies. I'm sure if Ilitch knew he could use "imminent domain" he wouldn't have paid hundreds of thousands for all those properties.