Been there, and you're right it's a bit old school but the meat is very fresh, high quality. I visit many markets all along Warren in east Dearborn for my meats and fresh fruit and veggies. Thursdays are 'super shop' days where the prices are really low as the markets compete! The prices are great and quality hard to match!

When I want to get my 'fried' chicken groove on I do Chesters chicken not far on Warren, they have fresh fish with the heads still on and chicken butcher section in the back for specialty cuts of supposedly free range no antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
There is a place in Dearborn, Chase Road Poultry, on Chase just south of Warren, that may be able to help you out.

it is pretty old school, so the place carries the odor of all the animals that have breathed their last there. In the front they have coolers with freshly dressed birds. Turkeys. Duck. Chicken. Pheasant. You point to what you want, they ring you up and you're gone. Pretty standard stuff except for the smell.

however, you can ask to go in the back and select your own dining companion. You don't need a decoder ring or secret handshake or need to know a guy named Louie or anything like that. If they aren't too busy, just ask to see what they have....