Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    But, dear Wesley, if you close the door on anyone who has ever actually made a mistake [[not saying HIS offenses were, but not all bounced checks are on purpose) you create a group of liar-remnants. Nobody is perfect. There has to be at least some availability for rehabilitation, or you might as well just kill anyone who ever breaks any law. Seems that is what they're worth to ya.
    My most dear Gannon, I agree with you completely. [[I did see 'Some Like It Hot' -- so I understand.)

I quite do believe in redemption. And in forgiveness. That doesn't mean I trust every claim of rehabilitation made by self-serving fools seeking power.

I'd rather a few criminals go free. But we have enough good, qualified citizens in the world to hold elective office without taking risks on charlatans.

Today, it seems that the PR cookbook says that no matter what happens, all you have to do is 'accept responsibility' for your errors, and poof -- the public will forgive. I will forgive. But its not enough to 'accept responsibility' and repent for your crimes. If you're a criminal and you want to impress me on your redemption, go work for the Capuchin Soup Kitchen for a couple of years. Do something impressive to show that your 'redemption' is true. I'm really tired of these hallow claims of rehabilitation. End of rant.

"But your Honor, I CAN'T be overdrawn, I still have checks left"

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    My most dear Gannon, I agree with you completely. [[I did see 'Some Like It Hot' -- so I understand.)

I quite do believe in redemption. And in forgiveness. That doesn't mean I trust every claim of rehabilitation made by self-serving fools seeking power.

I'd rather a few criminals go free. But we have enough good, qualified citizens in the world to hold elective office without taking risks on charlatans.

Today, it seems that the PR cookbook says that no matter what happens, all you have to do is 'accept responsibility' for your errors, and poof -- the public will forgive. I will forgive. But its not enough to 'accept responsibility' and repent for your crimes. If you're a criminal and you want to impress me on your redemption, go work for the Capuchin Soup Kitchen for a couple of years. Do something impressive to show that your 'redemption' is true. I'm really tired of these hallow claims of rehabilitation. End of rant.
    I agree with almost all of what you say, except for the retribution part...I've worked besides some people at soup kitchens who only did it to get second portions...or all the desserts!

Cheers