Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
Mormonism is just as ridiculous as any other organized cult[[religion). Any President should do everyone a favor and keep their religion or beliefs to themselves. When these men publicly endorse any particular set of fairy-tales it really turns me off.
I'd be inclined to agree somewhat, however I firmly believe there are degrees of crazy. Your average United Methodist churchlady [[harmless, not crazy) is not the same as the Taliban [[harmful, super crazy). A Bosnian Muslim is not the same as a Branch Davidian. And Mormonism is quite easily one of those sects that I distrust the most. All religions - and all societies and organizations, for that matter - have their eccentricities and their shameful pasts. Mormonism just hits it out the park with, oh: having to be forced by the government to give up polgyamy, doctrinal racism, ultra-conservativism, ultra-abstentionism, exclusivity and secretiveness, posthumus baptism of everyone from Hitler to the Jews he ordered to their deaths, magic underwear, becoming a deity after death, you name it. Just about everything that stinks to me.