Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
To be truthful, Forans ruined it, but when Bobby The Pistol Master and Kwhyme showed up near the end of the meal...I realized there might've been a little Adjustment Bureau involvement with our forced delay.

We waited and watched our impromptu tablemate get his sandwich and finish it, even though his order was made after ours. Just as my partner went inside to tell our waitperson that we were leaving without our food...the Thugs showed up during their break from Federal Prosecution proceedings.

I haven't been this close to the Big Diamond since some party at my old loft building five or six years ago. He is considerably smaller now, Ferguson too. Amazing what losing an entourage does to a person's stature.

He almost couldn't escape the throngs wanting to get their picture taken with him, or an autograph. It was an amazing sight. Disheartening, actually.

Foran's will get another chance...but hopefully our former mayor will not. Ever.
I wouldn't mistake folks jockeying to take a photo with him for adoration. I met him a few times and worked closely with some of his staff. I keep a Christmas card and my invitation to his last State of the City on display in my office. Folks who know me know that I do so purely out of Schadenfreude. I probably need a photo with him to add to my collection.