JOSH KATZENSTEIN [[Detroit News) : 10-6
    BUCKY BROOKS [[NFL.com): 8-8
    DANIEL JEREMIAH [[NFL.com): 9-7
    ADAM SCHEIN [[NFL.com): 8-8
    STAVE WYCHE [[NFL.com): 9-7
    DAVE DYE [[FoxSportsDetroit.com): 11-5
    DEAN HOLDEN [[BleacherReport.com): 11-5

The DYes cast of characters and part time psychics:
    Gnome: 12-4 [[and a bold prediction I’ll toss cookies during the Jags game.)
    Kenp: 10-6
    Thruster315: 9-7
    GUSHI: 11-5
    Big dog: 8-8
    GOAT: 7-9

...and my prediction of 10-6.

My choice is based upon what I perceive as the team getting better offensively. They've had another year to come together and I see some slight upgrades in talent. A year of maturity for this bunch will make them scarier to defend. My hope is that Stafford and Johnson become the new gold standard in the NFL for a QB and wide receiver. Any sort of semi- potent run game whether it be from Leshoure, Smith, or a constant rotation is a bonus.

I would've gone to the Kool-Aid and given them an 11-5 but I also see the defense taking a step backwards with the lack of any depth and true talent in the defensive back field. While the offense might be able to put up some fantastic numbers offensively I can also see other teams, even the weaker ones putting up some garish numbers against us as well. I'm not a huge fan of shootouts just because one never knows who is going to come out on top. If our defense backfield instilled a little bit more raw ability to take the ball away, I would've made the gnome-esque optimistic leap of faith.

If there are any others out there that would like to toss in their mighty Lions predictions, please feel free to do so and I'll set these in the slow setting cement by Sunday. It should be an exciting year and it's good to have some credence in the League again. Gone are the days of weekly ineptitude and constant shame. This team is no longer the butt end of Jay Leno jokes [[not that they were that funny to begin with) and has some pretty potent and talented players. Let's GO Lions!!!
    Last edited by smogboy; September-06-12 at 07:47 AM.