Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I have a permit to carry. I would do the same thing in this situation. When the first punch is thrown, I most certainly would feel my life is in danger and protect myself, any way I can. If that means shooting my attacker, I will. That would be the last thing I want to do, but why else would I carry a weapon?
    I have had people say to me that the driver of the truck should have driven away [[leaving the scene of an accident)...the driver should have rolled up his window [[did he know the attacker was going to hit him)? Who would expect this person on a bike to get up, after hitting a truck, come over to the driver and start punching?
    I hope the police let this man go, he did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    I have had people say to me that the driver of the truck should have driven away [[leaving the scene of an accident)
    I don't necessarily disagree with the rest of your post, although I probably wouldn't react by killing a man, but this is pretty absurd. Crossing the street is not "leaving the scene of an accident". For that matter, getting yourself out of imminent danger will always override "leaving the scene of an accident".

It's good to know getting your ass kicked means you can kill your attacker. George Zimmerman will get off for sure now.

I wonder if the same rules apply to children?

Billy hit me so I pulled out a knife and stabbed him.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "but the people here are nice" from Metro Detroiters, I could finally move out of this godforsaken hellhole of a region.

Crash, punch, shoot. And a crime-tracking map that looks like a bad case of acne. Yeah, real salt of the earth here.