Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I understand the safety issue, and I feel that it most certainly should be address. However, screwing over everyone isn't the way to address it.
    What is the way? Some stupid PR campaign? The city can barely provide the most basic governmental functions. The drivers are the point of contact with the customers and are being pushed the breaking point. Security watches a driver getting beat for half-an-hour and do nothing? The riders standing around the station watch the driver getting beat for half-an-hour and do nothing? If the cops won't come then it's time for vigilante justice; the people standing around should have ganged up on these kids and beat their lights out. If the cops won't support the drivers, if the security guards won't protect the drivers, if the citizens won't step up, then fuck 'em all. No protection from the animals in the city then no service.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    If the cops won't come then it's time for vigilante justice; the people standing around should have ganged up on these kids and beat their lights out.
    Come on, who's going to do that? Would you do that? If I encountered a fistfight on my way to work, I'd be running like hell in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Come on, who's going to do that? Would you do that? If I encountered a fistfight on my way to work, I'd be running like hell in the other direction.
    Yes, after collecting a group of concerned citizens, you know, like passengers on airplanes do these days.

My wife comes from the sticks; she can't comprehend this story. I had to explain this town to her - about how beat down and apathetic the populace is. If this happened to a relative of hers she'd have twenty cousins at these kids' doorstep and the blood would be flowing. If there's no fear of the police, of jail time, of retribution, then you're left with packs of juveniles terrorizing everyone from bus riders to bus drivers.