Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

you kno. I can hardly stomach news like this anymore. All i hear about when i read
    the news is corruption. This week its DPS, next week the Detroit public library, then
    its contracts, next week its the water dept, then its city council and indictments, then
    its the dept of Human Services. The other half the time its some sort of homicide or
    arson or some other terrible crime. Its to the point where anytime someone tells me
    that they have an administrative position for the city of Detroit [[any position i suppose)
    i will just assume that they are scoundrels. Kinda like someone without a kid of their
    own but coaches kids soccer I automatically think pedophile. Or a cross country
    truck driver. Yea... probably a serial killer.
    Im sorry for all of you that maintain faith in the city. I dont think i would want to do business
    there.

There is nothing corrupt about this. It is just unseemly.

He should have been in a 77 Volare.

My vote would have been a Pinto...but hey, a Volare would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    He should have been in a 77 Volare.

Chevy Chevette... Everyone deserves to drive one just once in life... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    My vote would have been a Pinto...but hey, a Volare would suffice.

An 80 Citation saved my butt when I didn't have any other way to get around. Good security too; thugs didn't figure you had anything worth bothering with.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anchor Bar View Post
    Appearances matter during tough times, right LilPup?
    Actions based on common sense and practicality matter ALL the time. Appearances are for shallow thinking joiners and fad followers.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    There is nothing corrupt about this.
    Amen, but that's not something Detroiters are used to seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Actions based on common sense and practicality matter ALL the time. Appearances are for shallow thinking joiners and fad followers.

Amen, but that's not something Detroiters are used to seeing.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_920505.html

Looks like this rag disagrees.

lilpup Guest

Did WXYZ get paid by HuffPo for use of their material? HuffPo couldn't care less as long as they have content to aggregate for page hits.

..I'm not sure why he doesn't just drive his own car.
    Would he not get reimbursed for travel expenses?

Is this a lease or an outright purchase?

a standard sedan would have been less ostentatious than an SUV.. and driving his own car would have been less ostentatious than arranging for a new "work car".

lilpup Guest

According to the report this vehicle was purchased on his first day on the job. That means it was likely approved on Robert Bobb's watch, not the new guy's.

According to the report this vehicle was purchased on his first day on the job. That means it was likely approved on Robert Bobb's watch, not the new guy's.
    Actually, the report says it was purchased in June. Roberts started in May.

Doesn't matter on whose watch it was approved. It can always be rescinded.

lilpup Guest

Yes it can, but I think this whining is typical Detroit chickenshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yeah, the SUV purchase is not the worse or highest expense it can be argued. At least it's a one time cost allotment... I just hope that there's not a repeat of the 'enterouge' of out of towners with big salaries, and vendors and sub-vendors and consultants to the consultants, and assistants to the assistants, 'hierarchy' merry-go-round.... yah-dah!
    Its funny that yall giving him a pass on this. Yall didnt give KK a pass on the 25k Navigator. But Give him a pass on a 40k Tahoe. SMH. He should be riding around in one of those Crown Vics if he has to have police protection. under city law you cant have police protecting you in your own car. so give him one of those Crown Vics and let him go w/ that.

^^^^ My response was simply that it is not the highest expense... "it can be argued". Not a pass. A repeat of the "enterouge": well heeled, put up in hotels, expense account laden, flights in and out of town etc.... that is completely unacceptable IMO. But others may "argue" that is fine...

Bottom line: DPS remains very top heavy on the administrative expense side. No pass on that!

This must be some more of that shared sacrifice that's being preached nowadays.

For a millionaire to spend 40000 of a financially bled institution's money show's monumentally poor decision making.

The only one giving him a pass that I can find is LilPup.

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    Its funny that yall giving him a pass on this. Yall didnt give KK a pass on the 25k Navigator. But Give him a pass on a 40k Tahoe. SMH. He should be riding around in one of those Crown Vics if he has to have police protection. under city law you cant have police protecting you in your own car. so give him one of those Crown Vics and let him go w/ that.
    There is no comparison. KK lied about the lease purchase of the Navigator. He said it was for police under cover work and even got Ella Bully-Cummings to tell the same lie. Meanwhile his wife kept texting him and asking "Is my Nav ready yet?" Also, all expenditures $25000 and over had to approved by city council. The Nav lease purchase came in at $24.995. Clearly, he was trying to keep the purchase from the eyes of the council.

For the record, the $40,000 purchase for Roberts new vehicle is, in my opinion, indefensible. DPS can't even provide basic necessities, like toilet paper.

Nice. The reason the DPS exists is because there are children who need to go to school. They don't have books or even tp, BUT, on the first day of school, Roberts will be rolling up in his shiny new SUV and his entourage of security.

Clearly, there isn't a revenue problem in DPS, there is a spending problem.

Same goes for DHS, DPL, DWSD, etc, etc, etc.

Exactly. From the looks of it, it's ok for Roberts to drive his new truck but this same forumer would love for me to work for nothing and still have to buy all of the school supplies that I need to do my job.

Maybe I should float to the other side and work downtown where I can get perks and trips to PD and other exotic places [[I do have the background to such a job). Me thinks I am on the wrong end of the Tootsie-pop!

The only one giving him a pass that I can find is LilPup.

lilpup Guest

Nothing but sour grapes from you. I'm all for whatever it takes for him to get the stinking pile that is DPS cleaned up.

Nothing but sour grapes from you. I'm all for whatever it takes for him to get the stinking pile that is DPS cleaned up.
    His actions are contributing to the stench.

lilpup Guest

His actions? With one vehicle [[and probably not the only one the district buys this year)? The hammer's been coming down and the whiners don't like it so in typical Detroit style they start screaming at the top of their lungs and throwing grapes.

When someone doesn't have the money to pay their everyday bills, they don't go out and buy a new vehicle [[well, some do but they may have to sleep in that vehicle). It's not sour grapes, it's about respecting those who are cleaning up the shit pile with their bare hands [[as in pay cuts, loaning money, no chance for better wages for those who are newer to the job). It's like a kid who goes without so his parents can ride around in their brand new car on rims with an excellent sound system. The priorities are screwed up and it's the kids who are suffering [[forget my pay, forget my loans). The students of DPS are really getting the short end of the stick. It's basically education telling the kids they aren't worth shit but the bossman is happy in his new digs so go eff yourselves. You don't need books, teachers, supplies, heat, toilet paper. But don't worry, we have a new Tahoe!

If he doesn't want to drive one of his vehicles, I'll loan him mine for free! It's secure [[it's a truck). It is an older model but it runs great and no body damage. Crap, I know a person who would drive him around, too...for minimum wage [[the guy is HUGE, has an appropriate license, can beat up who needs beating up, and is looking for a job).

His actions? With one vehicle [[and probably not the only one the district buys this year)? The hammer's been coming down and the whiners don't like it so in typical Detroit style they start screaming at the top of their lungs and throwing grapes.
    Last edited by DetroitTeacher; August-09-11 at 07:06 AM.

Buy American Guest

He is rubbing the teachers noses in his shit, as well as snubbing his nose at the children he's supposed to be protecting and making sure they get the best education possible. While he's cutting salaries and taking away health care from the very people who are teaching these children and wanting their moral to remain high, he orders DPS to purchase a big SUV and more than likely has a driver so he can sit in the backseat like a dictator and be chauffeured from place to place. What kind of example is that?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast