Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post

Cabs? In New Center? Good luck with that. Maybe on a Friday and Saturday evening you'll find some running up and down Woodward, but otherwise, you're going to have to call ahead for service. It isn't like Manhattan. I'm beginning to wonder if you've even been to Detroit.
    Please read my post again. I never wrote any of these things.

Again, I wrote that there is no New Center intermodal station. And if there were any sort of rail-based business demand, they would all take cabs,

I never claimed that cabs did anything in Detroit in the present.

BTW, I totally disagree that New Center Amtrak ridership is poor because of isolation. How is just off Woodward, in the heart of the city, isolated? It could barely be less isolated. I can't think of a single better rail-based location in city limits.

The reason, IMO, is because ridership is heavily suburban-oriented, because folks don't want to leave their cars there overnight, and becuase of [[likely wildly exaggerated) safety concens.
    Last edited by Bham1982; April-30-11 at 02:55 PM.