Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 36 of 263 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Game time!
    He shoots...he scoooooooooooores!!!

Wings win 3-2 in OT.

"Game time"? I'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    He shoots...he scoooooooooooores!!!

Wings win 3-2 in OT.

"Game time"? I'll say.
    Samuelsson eh? Wings 2-0 going to the windy city

Picture perfect goal! This one was a little too tight for my old heart. OT is dangerous for us old guys.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Here you go!

Attachment 1259
    Tx EMG
    The mouse is one of those artifacts that only a far east sider would recognize and appreciate.

TOPIC of DISCUSSION: Name another artifact that only a far eastsider [[St. Jude Parish artifacts are exempt) would recognize.

The Hippo statue at Eastland.

The temperature display outside Colonial Savings on the corner of Eastwood and Kelly near 7.

Ken Kalisz-MGRHDS.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The Hippo statue at Eastland.
    Granted.

Attachment 1275
    Last edited by EMG; November-01-10 at 05:00 PM.

I spent many an hour climbing on that hippo

So did I. And the lion too.

The lion was cool, but if you slipped, you got poked with a golden mouse in your nether regions and it hurt like hell. It was better to just look at. The hippo was smooth and slippery and you could sort of use it like a slide.

The lion was cool, but if you slipped, you got poked with a golden mouse in your nether regions and it hurt like hell. It was better to just look at. The hippo was smooth and slippery and you could sort of use it like a slide.
    So that's why the mouse has been stolen so many times!

http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/i/imag...40&image.y=201

hippo in the old days before there were plants

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/i/imag...40&image.y=201

hippo in the old days before there were plants

Where does Hippy currently reside? I wonder how many times he's been relocated, I'll bet he weighs close to a ton so it's no small feat just to move the poor guy around

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Where does Hippy currently reside? I wonder how many times he's been relocated, I'll bet he weighs close to a ton so it's no small feat just to move the poor guy around
    The last time I was at Eastland [[about 5 yrs ago) the hippo was in the same place. If "hippy" is still in the same place than the entrance to Target would be located where the former Eastland gardening center/WWJ aux. station was located.

Get your copy of tonights boxscore Tigers fans and head on over to Arby's for your free sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I'll take a regular roast beef and a glass of water please.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    TOPIC of DISCUSSION: Name another artifact that only a far eastsider [[St. Jude Parish artifacts are exempt) would recognize.
    And who can forget the majestic Civic Theatre?
    Last edited by 7andkelly; May-20-09 at 08:43 PM.

Great pic 7K. Just goes to show [[no pun intended) you how the old haunt is now just that.

I remember getting in to see "The Summer of 42" there as a fifteen or sixten year old. That movie, which was considered racy back then, is much less so, by todays standards, using that "original" rating system. It's not just the "Civic" that's of poorer quality these days.

I saw that same movie there, MK. Yes, it was racy and romantic, and teen-aged girls loved it. I'm sure the guys did too, for the obvious reasons

I saw that same movie there, MK. Yes, it was racy and romantic, and teen-aged girls loved it. I'm sure the guys did too, for the obvious reasons
    ...a poignant and thought provoking movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Great pic 7K. Just goes to show [[no pun intended) you how the old haunt is now just that.
    Thanks, M. It's a bit of a fixer upper now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post

I remember getting in to see "The Summer of 42" there as a fifteen or sixten year old. That movie, which was considered racy back then, is much less so, by todays standards, using that "original" rating system. It's not just the "Civic" that's of poorer quality these days.
    Situations as in the movie happened to me all the time when I was 16

On the O'Reilly Factor Pinheads and Patriots segment last night Bill made Dontrelle Willis a Patriot for his win the night before and mentioned how much he had struggled to return to form. I thought that was pretty cool

Ah, the Saturday afternoon matinees are my favorite memory of the old Civic. Mom would drop us off for a double feature, and if we were lucky, we'd stop over at the Sanders afterward for a treat. I can still here the kids in the audience boo when the screen flashed that sign that advertised for the matinee "All seats 50 cents". Sure, that was great if you were an adult, but the kids were getting robbed! Regular admission for a kid was 35! The nerve!

Page 36 of 263 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 136 ... LastLast