Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Just curious. As these were real gangsters back in the day why do so many in Detroit then hate the playas and gangsta's of today?

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Just curious. As these were real gangsters back in the day why do so many in Detroit then hate the playas and gangsta's of today?
    My dad told me about life in Purple Gang Detroit... about the assassination of Jerry Buckley. He left me with the impression that the Purple Gang was hated as much as today’s gangsta’s.

The Notorious Purple Gang. Detroit's most viscious crew of K***ers.
    This is the story of the infamous Purple gang. The Loose organization of gangster who ruled Detroit with a bloody fist during prohibition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

And to think, people were so dismissive and judgemental about the Black Panthers, Blackstone Rangers, and Young Boys Inc. These guys were just as bad, if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    And to think, people were so dismissive and judgemental about the Black Panthers, Blackstone Rangers, and Young Boys Inc. These guys were just as bad, if not worse.
    Agreed, and decent law-abiding citizens feared and reviled the Purple Gang back then just as decent people today revile Maralago Mussolini.

I remember my dad telling me about the Purple Gang. Many cops and politicians were paid to overlook extortion, and didn't care unless there were drive-by shootings and fire-bombings. My dad's descriptions were decidedly unromantic.