Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The bike stands from the Maddelein side of the school. The Merit drug sign and the Candlelight Bar sign.
    And Aldo's with Aldo himself in it.

Still working on mine, but I'll venture to say that 7 would like the tube testing machine from either Merit or Supreme Drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Still working on mine, but I'll venture to say that 7 would like the tube testing machine from either Merit or Supreme Drugs.
    ... a great memory, that's for sure!

Due to space considerations, I will settle for the following items:

A genuine rock from the alley servicing the block bound by Redmond, Fordham, Eastwood and the Kelly alley leading to George's Party Time, the Bakery, and Colonial Savings.

Some 1968 Topps Tiger cards purchased from George's [[still have these!)

A "helicopter" from one of our old maple trees which still stand today.

H.J. Bangs

The push button to change the light at the corner of Rex and 7 mile

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    The push button to change the light at the corner of Rex and 7 mile
    Good one CFG! The number of nasty stares the 7_and_Kid and I received by pushing that button on non-school days, especially by those traveling north on Rex were too numerous to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    My son entered a short film festival contest. They were given the title " The Last Time We Met " to work with by the festival. He and his roommate put together this three minute piece. Hope you enjoy it! And please pass it on if you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq9mE...e=channel_page
    An interesting and sobering reflection of what's going on. ........How did the film do in the contest?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    An interesting and sobering reflection of what's going on. ........How did the film do in the contest?
    KR - It was just submitted last evening. Judging is on the 28th. Will let you know.
    Sobering for sure.

Boy, do I know how to be a killjoy at 10:15am!

You already have some kool stuff cfg, like the 4 chalk holder for drawing lines on the blackboard

CFG: Killjoy, on the contrary. I might even be willing to trade an Eastland gold mouse or Heilmann flag pole plaque for that 7/Rex traffic light/walk sign push button. I remember when that was installed. There were neighboors who considered walking a greater distance to Mass and crossing 7 at Rex than taking the chances of cars zooming west off Moross at Redmond, especially after 7Mile/Moross was widened in the early 60s. In addition of the novelty of having a traffic signal activator [[and all the devious pranks that went with it) it would be a neat reminder of how Sr. James Marie [[head of the safety patrol boys) once chastized one of her school crossing gaurds for immature behavior.

CFG: Killjoy, on the contrary. I might even be willing to trade an Eastland gold mouse or Heilmann flag pole plaque for that 7/Rex traffic light/walk sign push button. I remember when that was installed. There were neighboors who considered walking a greater distance to Mass and crossing 7 at Rex than taking the chances of cars zooming west off Moross at Redmond, especially after 7Mile/Moross was widened in the early 60s. In addition of the novelty of having a traffic signal activator [[and all the devious pranks that went with it) it would be a neat reminder of how Sr. James Marie [[head of the safety patrol boys) once chastized one of her school crossing gaurds for immature behavior.

I just received word that a fellow classmate from ND 74' Ken Kalisz passed away. Please keep his family in your prayers

Ken Kalisz-MGRHDS.

. I might even be willing to trade an Eastland gold mouse......
    Here you go!

Attachment 1259
    Last edited by EMG; November-01-10 at 05:00 PM.

Game time!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Game time!
    He shoots...he scoooooooooooores!!!

Wings win 3-2 in OT.

"Game time"? I'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Here you go!

Attachment 1259
    Tx EMG
    The mouse is one of those artifacts that only a far east sider would recognize and appreciate.

TOPIC of DISCUSSION: Name another artifact that only a far eastsider [[St. Jude Parish artifacts are exempt) would recognize.

The Hippo statue at Eastland.

TOPIC of DISCUSSION: Name another artifact that only a far eastsider [[St. Jude Parish artifacts are exempt) would recognize.
    And who can forget the majestic Civic Theatre?
    Last edited by 7andkelly; May-20-09 at 08:43 PM.

Picture perfect goal! This one was a little too tight for my old heart. OT is dangerous for us old guys.

Great pic 7K. Just goes to show [[no pun intended) you how the old haunt is now just that.

I remember getting in to see "The Summer of 42" there as a fifteen or sixten year old. That movie, which was considered racy back then, is much less so, by todays standards, using that "original" rating system. It's not just the "Civic" that's of poorer quality these days.

I saw that same movie there, MK. Yes, it was racy and romantic, and teen-aged girls loved it. I'm sure the guys did too, for the obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I saw that same movie there, MK. Yes, it was racy and romantic, and teen-aged girls loved it. I'm sure the guys did too, for the obvious reasons
    ...a poignant and thought provoking movie.

Great pic 7K. Just goes to show [[no pun intended) you how the old haunt is now just that.
    Thanks, M. It's a bit of a fixer upper now.

I remember getting in to see "The Summer of 42" there as a fifteen or sixten year old. That movie, which was considered racy back then, is much less so, by todays standards, using that "original" rating system. It's not just the "Civic" that's of poorer quality these days.
    Situations as in the movie happened to me all the time when I was 16

Page 2 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 102 ... LastLast