Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I feel silly. My husband often chooses to sit in the car while I run those errands. Those days I insist we take a dog/s in the car. Anyone trying crap would be dead meat. Our dogs are sweeties but not if someone offers us violence.

I think I've got the answer. How about a one shot cell phone?

Now if I could jus figure out how to stop the idiots from blowing their own head off!

Yep, a gun is not always the solution, especially as the crooks are getting bolder. A combinations of deterrents are best: police or private security presence, vigilance about your surroundings, avoiding being distracted, pepper spray, firearm [[if you choose), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    She was exiting her car as the thief got a jump on her. So unless she was getting out of the car, gun in hand with finger on the trigger, I don't see how she would have been able to use it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-13-15 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, a gun is not always the solution, especially as the crooks are getting bolder. A combinations of deterrents are best: police or private security presence, vigilance about your surroundings, avoiding being distracted, pepper spray, firearm [[if you choose), etc.

Do you hear yourselves?

I grew up this way living between Harper and Gratiot , VanDyke and E Grand blvd. Never felt safe. Now it's happening in the burbs.

This is no way to live. Well, I guess it is, because so many do it.

This is progress? Nope.

I'm not gloating, I'm glad my Son and his family left SCS and moved North to a nice College town and purchased a nice crib on the banks of the Chippewa River for less money than the house in SCS that he lost that had a cracked foundation and a crumbling street. No need to live like I did or you are now in Metro Detroit.

The Buzz about Downtown Detroit is negated by crooks that are getting bolder.

SMH............Captain America save us all.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; April-13-15 at 12:52 PM.

In the 8 years or so I have been living in the Mount Clemens area, I see more and more blurbs about crime in the area around Harper and particularly south of Metro Parkway, as the years go on.

Yep. Crime has almost become matter of fact for some. But I still maintain that the supporting factor in crime is SILENCE. People often know of or have seen something and do not speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Do you hear yourselves?

I grew up this way living between Harper and Gratiot , VanDyke and E Grand blvd. Never felt safe. Now it's happening in the burbs.

This is progress? Nope....
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-13-15 at 04:22 PM.

Silence is huge as an aid to crime. I am proud that I have many neighbors that speak out.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1776 View Post
    In the 8 years or so I have been living in the Mount Clemens area, I see more and more blurbs about crime in the area around Harper and particularly south of Metro Parkway, as the years go on.
    I agree, the area between Harper and Gratiot around the 15-16 mile area is getting pretty bad. Not quite sure what happened here.

The economy happened.

In the last recession, Michigan went from the 11th wealthiest state in the country to the 34th wealthiest. There was an article recently about a plant just outside of Kalamazoo that's only paying new hires $10/hr. That's below the poverty line and no one can support a family on that wage.

When people have nothing to lose, they become calloused and lose it.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-14-15 at 07:37 AM.

Some of those apartment complexes around there look pretty shitty, based on their outward appearances and the foot traffic I see around there.

Quote Originally Posted by boater4life View Post
    I agree, the area between Harper and Gratiot around the 15-16 mile area is getting pretty bad. Not quite sure what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The economy happened.

In the last recession, Michigan went from the 11th wealthiest state in the country to the 34th wealthiest. There was an article recently about a plant just outside of Kalamazoo that's only paying new hires $10/hr. That's below the poverty line and no one can support a family on that wage.

When people have nothing to lose, they become calloused and lose it.
    the problem is in too often a case, the "family" part comes way before the means to support it are figured out. entry level minimum wage jobs were never meant to support a family. If your skill set limits you to only minimum wage, entry level jobs....perhaps figuring that out before starting a family should be encouraged?

well thank god that kroger is closing to move a mile down the road...maybe meijer will clean up their shi*hole of a store on 13 & little mack

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    the problem is in too often a case, the "family" part comes way before the means to support it are figured out. entry level minimum wage jobs were never meant to support a family. If your skill set limits you to only minimum wage, entry level jobs....perhaps figuring that out before starting a family should be encouraged?
    I disagree.

What I've observed to be the case is that these folks once had decent paying jobs that were eliminated during the heart of the recession, or were outsourced. There's no way for someone to know if their jobs will be gone tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I disagree.

What I've observed to be the case is that these folks once had decent paying jobs that were eliminated during the heart of the recession, or were outsourced. There's no way for someone to know if their jobs will be gone tomorrow...
    Yet they escaped in a silver Cadillac. Maybe a rental?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Do you hear yourselves?

This is progress? Nope.

I'm not gloating, I'm glad my Son and his family left SCS and moved North to a nice College town and purchased a nice crib on the banks of the Chippewa River for less money than the house in SCS that he lost that had a cracked foundation and a crumbling street. No need to live like I did or you are now in Metro Detroit.

The Buzz about Downtown Detroit is negated by crooks that are getting bolder.

SMH............Captain America save us all.
    Vigilance does the the job for me. I've lived in a couple small towns "free of crime" but they had their own problems. Quite opposite the diversity of the city. I'll stay vigilant and take my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    NO @#%!, I wonder why she made that up? Hocked the rings for gambling money?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Just saw that and came here to post an update but you beat me to it.
    http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...g-ring-mugging

What the hell is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis1776 View Post
    Just saw that and came here to post an update but you beat me to it.
    http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...g-ring-mugging

What the hell is wrong with people?
    indeed, wtf

“Reviewing everything and just bringing her in for the interview and going over the circumstances with her and telling her we didn’t believe her story and she confessed,” Carrier said. “The main thing is, the surveillance video ... we didn’t see the described suspect vehicle in the area, so we didn’t see anybody fleeing the area, so that led to start thinking there was some issues with it.”
    Big Brother is watching.

I hope that woman is dealt with severely. To waste police resources like she did is just awful! The police department has much more important things to deal with than somebody who was likely just trying to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yet they escaped in a silver Cadillac. Maybe a rental?
    Drug money.

Insurance scam...

I bet she pawned it in the midst of a string of bad decisions and realized her spouse would wonder what happened to the ring

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    NO @#%!, I wonder why she made that up? Hocked the rings for gambling money?
    Why are people so crabby in mug shots?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast