Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

What mayhem this thread is....

Question for OP...if you "mom and her friends" no longer shop at Somerset because they're either scared or intimidated... where do they shop now?

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Let me help you out. The response was:

Guess what people from my community and just about every area of the city do the exact same thing. "Your" people are not the only ones doing it so get over it!!

Let me help you out. Wake up.

I know of a Nordstrom employee who was Chaldean who committed fraud at the store in Somerset. I guess Chaldeans from Sterling Heights to West Bloomfield also come to Somerset to steal.

This has been the most enjoyable thread in a while. I laughed, I cried, I had some popcorn. Give yourselves a round of applause!

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    p69rrh51, I really don't know what your response is because all your post are on my ignore list.
    A FIRST!! I made an ignore list. A very thinned skinned member if they have to ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    This has been the most enjoyable thread in a while. I laughed, I cried, I had some popcorn. Give yourselves a round of applause!

Hilarious! I hope this is the part that made you laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by RO_Resident
    It is all true. I stopped at Somerset last night with the family. It really has become a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

a) We held both of sets of airlock doors open for a family. May I remind you we held open both doors. The bastages had the nerve to say 'thank you.' And they smiled! You know what 'those people' are like.

b) My son had some money burning a hole in his pocket. He wanted to go to the Lego store to see their wares. Some of the workers/jokers had put together a set of minifigures that looked like the Village People. They were arguing over whether the Village People had a cop and a military person at the same time. Now I'm going to have to explain that particular form of human interaction to my elementary school-aged son. You know, disco. [[Another worker their showed that the lighting at the store formed the underside of a Lego brick. That mean person. What is seen can never be unseen.)

c) We walked by the EB Games/Game Stop store. It was shuttered! Only to be replaced by a knick-knack shop. My son asked the security guard when did the store close. She gave the exact date the store closed, then proceeded to tell us where the nearest Game Stop was. Doesn't the security guard know she is supposed to be rude and unhelpful, especially to a preteen?

d) My wife stopped at a store to see if they had a spring jacket in stock. No, the store associate said the said jacket was popular and moves quickly. He suggested trying the store's web site. Why, oh why, didn't the associate just say 'tough kittens' or 'finders keepers, losers weepers' and send us on our way?

e) Lastly, we were getting ready to leave. First, we had to stop at the rest rooms before setting out on our long and arduous journey back to Royal Oak. Guess what? My son's sink was out of soap. There, that alone proves that the mall is really into its death-spiral.

Maybe Lowell can create a "Hall of Shame" category. This thread earned the distinction starting with the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    A FIRST!! I made an ignore list. A very thinned skinned member if they have to ignore me.
    No worries. I just added two more to mine.

You really can't make this shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Maybe Lowell can create a "Hall of Shame" category. This thread earned the distinction starting with the original post.
    Really? Its been a nice deviation from the usual doom & gloom!

And when I wanted a chuckle about absurdity on the Forum, I would go to the thread where former poster "Michigan" would ramble about "Glee coming to Detroit" and how that would benefit the Motor City... [[shooting one self in the head Emoticon)... now I another thread to visit!

Rather than attack me or try and question my motives or get up in arms about what I'm saying, which is this:

1.There is both overt and covert theft at Somerset everyday.
    2. A majority of these crimes are committed by black people.

I'm black, talking about crimes black people are committing, rather than dismiss me and what I'm saying, get from behind the keyboard and go find out for yourself, security and Troy Police will tell you as much.

Ccal, your two points are completely nonsensical, in that the first is blatantly obvious [[every retail center on earth has some degree of theft) and the second is impossible to determine [[since there is no way to ascertain the racial distribution of undetected or unprosecuted thefts).

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Ccal, your two points are completely nonsensical, in that the first is blatantly obvious [[every retail center on earth has some degree of theft) and the second is impossible to determine [[since there is no way to ascertain the racial distribution of undetected or unprosecuted thefts).
    And ccal if you could you might find that the percentage of blacks involved in the shoplifting at somerset is not as great as you think.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; March-15-13 at 03:52 PM.

Actually you're wrong, both points can be determined, YOU just aren't aware or are too lazy to find out, get off the internet,put some shoes on and go find out for yourself,it's not that hard. Instead of saying what I'm saying is impossible, you would be better off saying it's improbable but to simply say what I'm saying is nonsense without actually going to find out if it is or not[[talking to security,Troy Police) is "completely nonsensical" as you put it. I live here in Detroit, you live out there, people here in Detroit, blacks, go out to Somerset everyday to steal and come back to Detroit, where they live, where I live. I think I'm better suited when it comes to knowing whether or not black people go out to Somerset everyday to steal. Again, I know this is hard for you to wrap your head around but there are alot of things that go on in Detroit that you know nothing about while living across 8 mile but that still doesn't change the fact that it's happening. You can choose to ignore it or accept it, either way it's true.

Rather than attack me or try and question my motives or get up in arms about what I'm saying, which is this:

1.There is both overt and covert theft at Somerset everyday.
    2. A majority of these crimes are committed by black people.

I'm black, talking about crimes black people are committing, rather than dismiss me and what I'm saying, get from behind the keyboard and go find out for yourself, security and Troy Police will tell you as much.
    Please tell us how you know that the majority of crimes committed at Somerset each day are done by black people.

Maybe the white, Middle-Eastern, Hispanic, Native American, and Asian criminals are much more talented than the black ones, so the ones who don't get caught are mostly non-black?

This thread is definitely one of the silliest ones on the forum, but for some reason people [[including me) seem determined to keep it going.

Ccal, please tell me how you are able to determine the racial composition of lawbreakers at Somerset collection? Unless you're God, I don't understand how you have a clue. Even if you're Chief of Security there, you would have no way of knowing whether the arrests patterns follow the distribution of lawbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Please tell us how you know that the majority of crimes committed at Somerset each day are done by black people.
    I'm black, born and raised in Detroit and these are the people I encounter on a daily basis.

Ccal, please tell me how you are able to determine the racial composition of lawbreakers at Somerset collection? Unless you're God, I don't understand how you have a clue. Even if you're Chief of Security there, you would have no way of knowing whether the arrests patterns follow the distribution of lawbreaking.
    Why not?
    Silly......now you want me to think for you? You don't have to be GOD What are crime stats? You don't have to understand it but it's going on.

I'm black, born and raised in Detroit and these are the people I encounter on a daily basis.
    What did the police say when you turned in the criminals?

On a daily basis, you encounter the entire distribution of Somerset lawbreakers, and you have been able to ascertain the racial distribution of these lawbreakers?

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Maybe the white, Middle-Eastern, Hispanic, Native American, and Asian criminals are much more talented than the black ones, so the ones who don't get caught are mostly non-black?

This thread is definitely one of the silliest ones on the forum, but for some reason people [[including me) seem determined to keep it going.
    Not more talented, just excercise a little more forethought and ambition. Look if I lived amongst those ethnic groups I would call them out as well, the truth doesn't care who tells it, it just so happens that I live among the ethnic group that does commit these crimes and so I can speak on it. I'm not living across 8 mile wagging my finger, or reading about the news online shaking my head. I live here in Detroit where people go steal out at Somerset mall every single day and they just so happen to be black people. Whenever there is something on the news about something bad happening in Detroit[[murder,rape,robbery,etc...) people here come out in droves calling black people "thugs,scum,animals" and the like, but when an actual black person comes on here to inform people about crime thats actually taking place being committed by these same black people you all can't suspend your disbelief in your heads for whatever reason. It's not my intention to convince you, that's not my job nor do I care if you do or don't believe, but it's the truth, even if it is a unpopular fact.
    Last edited by ccal; March-15-13 at 05:24 PM.

On a daily basis, you encounter the entire distribution of Somerset lawbreakers, and you have been able to ascertain the racial distribution of these lawbreakers?
    No. Lets stay on subject shall we, nice try though. Infer what you want from what I said, thats on you.

I live here in Detroit where people go steal out at Somerset mall every single day and they just so happen to be black people.
    And how do you know there aren't white people from Clarkston or Asian people from Novi doing the same thing? Short of Godlike abilities, how are you able to ascertain the racial distribution of all crimes committed in a huge shopping center?

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    What did the police say when you turned in the criminals?
    That's not my job. Look, play stupid, make jokes, change the subject, whatever you want, but if you aren't willing to really find out then why even speak on it?

And how do you know there aren't white people from Clarkston or Asian people from Novi doing the same thing? Short of Godlike abilities, how are you able to ascertain the racial distribution of all crimes committed in a huge shopping center?
    Go to the mall and find out for yourself.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast