Detroit River Fishing

The Great Detroit Flood of 2014 resulted from the second largest downpour in Detroit history. It closed several expressways and poured into thousands of Metro Detroit basements. The 4.72 inches of rain was the highest daily recorded rainfall since July 31, 1925, when 4.74 inches of rain fell. What went wrong? Could it have been prevented?

READ MORE »

New? Join DetroitYES»

DISCUSSING ALL THINGS DETROIT-WINDSOR SINCE 1999

ENJOY DETROITYES?

AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I just saw a punk with a red bandana under his hat on Michigan Ave.

There used to be a few biker clubs along Fenkell between Evergreen and Telegraph. Back in the early 1970s, I used to play baseball with a guy who lived two blocks north of Fenkell, on Trinity. One time, we were walking to a corner party party store and I spotted a burned out hulk of a building. When I asked him about it, he remarked "oh, one of the rival biker clubs decided to dynamite that building". The matter of fact way he said that has stuck in my mind to this day. I forgot the names of the biker gangs on Fenkell. All I know is that I was warned that they were not the types to trifle with.

Fenkell Boys are not new. They have Existed in one form or another since the late 60's

When I was in Detroit Public Schools some of classmates were in the gang. One student I know is a member of Zone 8 and other kid was a member of Fenkell Boys.

My sister knew some students who in the G-Monts and P-Rocks Also Known is the Grandmont St Gang and the Plymouth Rock Boys.

My cousin told me years ago that his step-uncle tried to get him the Mack Boys Gang, but he got out it before his bio-dad about to get him.
    Last edited by Danny; September-27-11 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kell31 View Post
    All this talk of gangs and no one has brought up the Two major MC's in this area (Motorcycle Clubs) and the fact that they have kept the Hells Angels out of Detroit?

Also I found a great site for gang related studies.
    Crimeindetroit.com
    Highwaymen and Outlaws ??

The Vigilantes were a big "Motorcycle Club" on the East Side. Their "colors" were a large but simple silver "V," and their clubhouse was on Gratiot near Van Dyke

My uncle took me to this motorcycle club called the Pit Bull. It's located on Grand River Ave. near Fullerton.

I remember a lady posted many pictures and locations of Detroit motorcycle clubs. Showed the club colors also.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGall View Post
    The Vigilantes were a big "Motorcycle Club" on the East Side. Their "colors" were a large but simple silver "V," and their clubhouse was on Gratiot near Van Dyke
    They still have a clubhouse there, at Gratiot just south of I-94.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan Bassett View Post
    GSM (green street mafia). still active?
    Im pretty sure that was 1 guy with a spraycan. Hes probably buddies with mr derby

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Highwaymen and Outlaws ??
    Yep.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...307.46,,0,1.81

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    I remember a lady posted many pictures and locations of Detroit motorcycle clubs. Showed the club colors also.
    It's on Flickr under the name Patricia Drury. Called Detroit: Motorcycle stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5