Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

The kids are scappy and usually in the games to end, which they almost always lose. Last night was an entertaining exception with two dazzling defensive plays. Verlander pitches a complete game two hitter, but both were home runs, including a 9th inning shot by John Hicks, and the kids get a 2-1 win.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I think it's in his contract though that as long as he agrees to DH he gets unlimited cheetos in the dugout.
    And Old Milwaukee after they lose.

What's with these uniforms and the 'cutsey' names on the back? Looks like they were designed by some girl. Hmmpfff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    What's with these uniforms and the 'cutsey' names on the back? Looks like they were designed by some girl. Hmmpfff.
    Just another marketing gimmick to have you drop everything & run to the sporting goods to go buy one, yep?

Apparently, your car stayed in the garage/driveway & didn't move, like the rest of us......

Have them all come up with nicknames and then make them white on white uniforms. Marketing geniuses.

How bad are the Tigers?

They’re so bad they have a magic number [[5) for finishing with worst record in the majors—and getting the first pick in theMLB draft. Let’s Go Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    How bad are the Tigers?

They’re so bad they have a magic number [[5) for finishing with worst record in the majors—and getting the first pick in the draft. Let’s Go Tigers.
    Clearly the worst team ever even if their record comes up a few short. The 2003 team didn't play a rebuilding KC and the White Sox 19 times each. They do not have a single position player who is any good right now. Not one. Rogers couldn't hit a beach ball. Stewart can't field a routine ground ball. Our rookie shortstop can't make a routine throw. Our 3rd base hope is hitting .190 on his 2nd stint with the team. Our 30 million dollar man is a broken down singles hitter. In a year with record home runs we do not have one player close to 20.
    I had some hope the rebuild might kick in by 2021 but not any more.

Clearly the worst team ever even if their record comes up a few short. The 2003 team didn't play a rebuilding KC and the White Sox 19 times each. They do not have a single position player who is any good right now. Not one. Rogers couldn't hit a beach ball. Stewart can't field a routine ground ball. Our rookie shortstop can't make a routine throw. Our 3rd base hope is hitting .190 on his 2nd stint with the team. Our 30 million dollar man is a broken down singles hitter. In a year with record home runs we do not have one player close to 20.
    I had some hope the rebuild might kick in by 2021 but not any more.
    Let's not forget 1-12 6.85 $25 Million dollar man Jordan Zimmerman.

Positives? Victor Reyes, Harold Castro, Jacoby Jones and Lugo show promise. Boyd, Norris and Turnbull showed me they can pitch. Even then only Boyd is a genuine item.

Terrible Tigers. Hate to see how few season tickets they sell for next season.
    Pretty soon they'll have to raffle cars like they did when Ilitch had the Dead Wings.

Let's not forget 1-12 6.85 $25 Million dollar man Jordan Zimmerman.

Positives? Victor Reyes, Harold Castro, Jacoby Jones and Lugo show promise. Boyd, Norris and Turnbull showed me they can pitch. Even then only Boyd is a genuine item.
    Disagree about these hitters showing promise. Maybe Jones but the others only look decent because of the extremely low bar set by the rest of the team. None of them have power and without it in today's game you can't be an everyday player on a good team.

Jeez. I get so horribly depressed over all four Detroit pro franchises just right now, that.........wait......I left Detroit in 1984..............Whew!

Jeez. I get so horribly depressed over all four Detroit pro franchises just right now, that.........wait......I left Detroit in 1984..............Whew!
    And now you live in a sandbox with UNLV sports

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
    And now you live in a sandbox with UNLV sports
    Never cared a whit for college sports, here or there. Boola boola and all that juvenile crap. But the Vegas Golden Knights and next year the Las Vegas NFL Raiders will be worthwhile. Also a chance that the Arizona Diamondbacks may move northwest of their current location.

The NFL and NHL stadiums would also knock your eyes out. But, yeah, that's Las Vegas.

Still hoping the Tigers can get to 50 wins this year, still worried about next year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinewood73 View Post
    Still hoping the Tigers can get to 50 wins this year, still worried about next year though.
    Gotta be some major management changes, IMHO. Ideally, even an ownership change, but that's 99% unlikely. By the way, the Las Vegas sports books have the Red Wings at 500-1 to win the Stanley Cup.....should I wander over and put a Franklin on them????

The Tigers have Clinched!!
    Worst record in baseball and first round pick in the draft.

The Tigers have Clinched!!
    Worst record in baseball and first round pick in the draft.

Never cared a whit for college sports, here or there. Boola boola and all that juvenile crap. But the Vegas Golden Knights and next year the Las Vegas NFL Raiders will be worthwhile. Also a chance that the Arizona Diamondbacks may move northwest of their current location.

The NFL and NHL stadiums would also knock your eyes out. But, yeah, that's Las Vegas.
    Ray, I mean this with the utmost amount of respect. I know you were a police officer up here and follow your posts.

Your old-man-ness is unmatched by any human being I have ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post

Your old-man-ness is unmatched by any human being I have ever met.
    Well, yup, I is one. 83 next month and going strong. Somthing is really going to kick me in the ass one of these days!

Well, yup, I is one. 83 next month and going strong. Somthing is really going to kick me in the ass one of these days!
    Nah I'm sure you got a long time to go. Your verve comes through in your posts!

Heck Ray if you live to 100 it may be just enough to see this Tigers rebuild through.

Heck Ray if you live to 100 it may be just enough to see this Tigers rebuild through.
    Hey, that's worth shooting for! I'll give 'er a try!

Hey, that's worth shooting for! I'll give 'er a try!

Better luck next year.

Same ole Tigers!

Same ole putty tats!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7