Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hey, as I've heard quoted: 'You know how you came in, you don't know precisely how you're going out!' None of us do......

Sadly we see the rain fall on the just and the unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Karma? I'm not dying of panc cancer.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-23-19 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hey, you've got it really twisted if you think I'm a Patterson fan.

I don't even live in Oakland county, nor an 'old timer', nor clutching, but what good does it do to count the days down to his painful death?

What does it do for you personally? A great deal, apparently.
    Zacha341 don't waste your breath... we've got a lot of great new people on this forum... the law of averages had to kick in sooner or later.

If you get annoyed... just say "that's nice".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luzmz9lUeiM
    Last edited by Gistok; June-22-19 at 11:08 PM.

Duly noted G. Thank ya' for the reminder... fun vid too. Just do 'nice' indeed!

Last edited by Zacha341; June-23-19 at 05:53 PM.

Strokes are odd ducks. They can do almost nothing other than some short term confusion as in my neighbor's recent case, up to the unfortunate case with Jazz violinist Noel Pointer who was suddenly fatally stricken at the very young age of 39.
    Last edited by Meddle; June-23-19 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Zacha341 don't waste your breath... we've got a lot of great new people on this forum... the law of averages had to kick in sooner or later.

If you get annoyed... just say "that's nice".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luzmz9lUeiM
    By all means please block me. I would love to not have to deal with your irritating replies. Apparently I committed a cardinal sin by stating what I thought about Gilbert's condition. And it's totally fine to super seriously discuss scenarios in which Gilbert is dead but you draw the line at racist brooks patterson.
    Last edited by Worldsgreatest; June-23-19 at 01:22 PM.

For sure. There's more info on early and other signs:

Learn More Stroke Warning Signs and Symptoms

https://www.strokeassociation.org/en...s-and-symptoms

Primary Symptoms Include:

• Vertigo, like the room, is spinning.
    • Imbalance
    • One-sided arm or leg weakness.
    • Slurred speech or dysarthria
    • Double vision or other vision problems
    • A headache
    • Nausea and or vomiting

Secondary:

• Sudden NUMBNESS or weakness of face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
    • Sudden CONFUSION, trouble speaking or understanding speech.
    • Sudden TROUBLE SEEING in one or both eyes.
    • Sudden TROUBLE WALKING, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
    • Sudden SEVERE HEADACHE with no known cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Strokes are odd ducks. They can do almost nothing other than some short term confusion as in my neighbor's recent case, up to the unfortunate case with Jazz violinist Noel Pointer who was suddenly fatally stricken at the very young age of 39.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-23-19 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    By all means please block me. I would love to not have to deal with your irritating replies. Apparently I committed a cardinal sin by stating what I thought about Gilbert's condition. And it's totally fine to super seriously discuss scenarios in which Gilbert is dead but you draw the line at racist brooks patterson.
    Yeah but.... some of your comments on this furum are totally unfiltered. Is there freedom of speech here, yes... to a point. I won't block you [[never have blocked anyone in 20 years here). On occasion you just need to...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Returning to the discussion, I heard through the grapevine today that the Monroe Block development is on indefinite hold pending resolution of DG’s condition. Anyone hearing anything different, similar or is there radio silence?

It was on hold before anything happened to him. There was a whole article on this.

The grapevine I heard it through was a month old Crain's article.

Seriously, clearly I missed that news.

Quote Originally Posted by 7miledog View Post
    Returning to the discussion, I heard through the grapevine today that the Monroe Block development is on indefinite hold pending resolution of DG’s condition. Anyone hearing anything different, similar or is there radio silence?
    Today I heard through another grapevine that he is planning on making a appearance at The Rocket Mortgage Classic this week. There will be a lot of rumors until he appears and speaks in public is my prediction.

After spending three months in Chicago, Gilbert has returned to his Detroit-area home.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...llowing-stroke

speedy recovery.
    On a side note- just curious-- why the choice to convey him to Chicago? What metro Detroit hospitals would have stroke-recovery specialty facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    speedy recovery.
    On a side note- just curious-- why the choice to convey him to Chicago? What metro Detroit hospitals would have stroke-recovery specialty facilities?
    Just speculation, but I would imagine the relative anonymity for Dan Gilbert in Chicago would be more comfortable than Detroit where he is the most famous businessman in town. I am sure the Chicago media paid much less, if any attention at all to Gilbert being in their local hospital. If he was somewhere like Beaumont, you would see stuff like "coming up at 6 we will show you how Dan Gilbert spent his Wednesday eating carrots.

My best guess is that when you're a billionaire you go to where ever is the absolute best facility, and that happened to be in Chicago. The added privacy was probably a bonus too.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    Just speculation, but I would imagine the relative anonymity for Dan Gilbert in Chicago would be more comfortable than Detroit where he is the most famous businessman in town. I am sure the Chicago media paid much less, if any attention at all to Gilbert being in their local hospital. If he was somewhere like Beaumont, you would see stuff like "coming up at 6 we will show you how Dan Gilbert spent his Wednesday eating carrots.
    He was at Shirley Ryan Rehab which is the most advanced rehab center in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Do they accept medicare?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Moreso than the Grand Boulevard Mt. Zion Crack & Rehab Center?

Dan Gilbert spotted at menorah lighting ceremony in Detroit

Spotted but little more reported. Encouraging news nonetheless.

https://deadlinedetroit.com/articles...wntown_detroit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4