Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default International Visitors to Detroit Double in 3 Years from 1.3 to 2.6M

I snapped this graphic off my TV last week. Seems like a lot [average of 7K+ a day] but, if true, it appears to be a testament to Detroit's downtown rebound. Can't be bad for the hotels, restaurants and bars either.

Name:  International Visitors to detroit.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  66.9 KB

And that was from 2013-16. I would be interested in the details of these numbers, how they are determined, and the progress of that trajectory.

International Visitors coming to Detroit! " Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Name:  caravan [[2).jpg
Views: 454
Size:  83.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I snapped this graphic off my TV last week. Seems like a lot [average of 7K+ a day] but, if true, it appears to be a testament to Detroit's downtown rebound. Can't be bad for the hotels, restaurants and bars either.

Name:  International Visitors to detroit.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  66.9 KB

And that was from 2013-16. I would be interested in the details of these numbers, how they are determined, and the progress of that trajectory.
    Post-2016 international visitors to the U.S. is down, so it will be interesting to see if Detroit continues to increase.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ng/1942922001/

I would love to see a breakdown also. If you count things like Canadian day trippers or Int'l hub traffic at Metro it makes a mockery of what may be a legitimate increase in visits.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I would love to see a breakdown also. If you count things like Canadian day trippers or Int'l hub traffic at Metro it makes a mockery of what may be a legitimate increase in visits.
    I'm inclined to accept numbers at face value. There has been no substantial change in DTW's status as an airport hub in those years, and Canada has always been right across the river.

I know that 7 years or so

7 years or so ago many tourist came to Detroit for the architecture of the buildings