Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit on verge of "Skyline Changer"

Detroit is currently seeing a skyscraper boom! It's a exciting time to see what we're witnessing currently now and future pipeline projects.

With that being said, I would like to see concepts or a list of these "Skyline Changers". From Downtown to New Center we will see a potential 20 to 30 new high-rises and skyscrapers with 5 years.

Potential game changers projects would be building up the west downtown area [[Fort St. Cass Ave. Michigan Ave. Foxtown parking lots) area.

I would like East Downtown to see brownstones, townhomes, condos development. Build the district up strictly just residential, from modern to contemporary design, mid-rise to high-rise. Including the Gratiot site/Greektown area.

Looking forward to seeing Detroit in 2024! The bar is set high, as far as architecture design goes. Almost international standards. So future renderings of new skyscrapers being built in Detroit will be like no others. Exciting times!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Detroit is currently seeing a skyscraper boom! It's a exciting time to see what we're witnessing currently now and future pipeline projects.

With that being said, I would like to see concepts or a list of these "Skyline Changers". From Downtown to New Center we will see a potential 20 to 30 new high-rises and skyscrapers with 5 years.

Potential game changers projects would be building up the west downtown area [[Fort St. Cass Ave. Michigan Ave. Foxtown parking lots) area.

I would like East Downtown to see brownstones, townhomes, condos development. Build the district up strictly just residential, from modern to contemporary design, mid-rise to high-rise. Including the Gratiot site/Greektown area.

Looking forward to seeing Detroit in 2024! The bar is set high, as far as architecture design goes. Almost international standards. So future renderings of new skyscrapers being built in Detroit will be like no others. Exciting times!!!

I hope the DPD find the guys that broke into and ransacked my car, and stole the license plate, twice, this year, soon.

You have some awful luck.
    I think you need Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    You have some awful luck.
    I think you need Jesus
    That scenario happens daily, to multiple people in my neighborhood. And we live in the nicer part of Detroit. I'm so excited my tax dollars are subsidizing high rises, I'm beside myself.

He's baaack. I gotta get some of that. Does it come in pill form?

Geeze Honky Tonk... no wonder you've seemed kinda cranky as of late... I would feel the same way with your misfortune.

As for skyline changer, besides the Hudson's Tower, the Monroe Tower will blend in... won't be taller than the 621ft. Ally Tower.

What will really make a difference though is that Midtown will have a central focus point with the MID... just like New Center has with the Fisher and Cadillac Centre Buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Geeze Honky Tonk... no wonder you've seemed kinda cranky as of late... I would feel the same way with your misfortune.

You should try living here instead of SCS, it'll make a person stop putting smiley faces on the end of every post.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-05-19 at 09:02 AM.

Skyscraper boom in Gilberttown Detroit? What skyscraper boom?

Sounds like someone has been playing too much SimCity again.

Skyscraper boom? Puff, puff, pass brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I hope the DPD find the guys that broke into and ransacked my car, and stole the license plate, twice, this year, soon.
    I'm sorry to hear about this.

This experience you describe still remains reality for the average Detroiter. When I lived there, I also had my tags stolen off my car [[they went as far as to just cut off the part of the plate with the tag) and my car broken into. Of course, as usual, those incidents were never resolved and the reward I got was an even higher insurance premium.

The people in this thread who are being rude amd dismissive towards you really have no class nor moral compass.
    Last edited by 313WX; August-05-19 at 09:47 AM.

There is plenty of reason to be excited but lets be reasonable here. It is a boom by Detroit standards, not by national standards.

Confirmed:
    *Hudson's
    *Monroe Office Tower
    *Monroe Residential Tower
    *TCF Office Tower
    *The Mid

What we hope to see:
    *Joe Louis Arena Tower[[s)
    *Opera House Tower
    *Rumored New Center Tower
    *GM's East Riverfront properties?
    *Uniroyal?

Some of these are pretty flimsy rumors and speculation at that. I don't know how you get to 20-30 towers in five years but there is plenty of "real" projects to be excited about.

That scenario happens daily, to multiple people in my neighborhood. And we live in the nicer part of Detroit. I'm so excited my tax dollars are subsidizing high rises, I'm beside myself.
    I feel your pain. I was a victim of crime many times when living in Chitcago, and one year it was a total of three times.

You should try living here instead of SCS, it'll make a person stop putting smiley faces on the end of every post.
    Not only that but no more discussions about 3 minute 911 response time!!

I haven't heard of this happening on my street but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on my cars tag!

I have argues that subsidizing these [[residential and office, not stadium) projects to a degree makes total sense when it comes to improving living standards in the city. Bring in more affluent and middle class individuals and not only are you bringing in more tax $ year after year, these new residents will demand quality city services and not stand for crime in their neighborhoods.