Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 11 of 142 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Looking at the last picture, it almost appears that the public lookout on top of the building is cantilevered out over nothing. I'm wondering if this will be some sort of glass floor attraction like Willis Tower or that overlook at the Grand Canyon.
    You can see the overhang in this VR thing: https://sphcst.com/wisqu

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Looking at the last picture, it almost appears that the public lookout on top of the building is cantilevered out over nothing. I'm wondering if this will be some sort of glass floor attraction like Willis Tower or that overlook at the Grand Canyon.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peop...d-walkway.html

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The timeline I heard for completion is 2022.
    I was born in 1936. I'll not hold my breath.
    Meanwhile, I'm still wondering about all the vacant skyscrapers in downtown Detroit to start with. And even the Penobscot is only 50% occupied. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I was born in 1936. I'll not hold my breath.
    Meanwhile, I'm still wondering about all the vacant skyscrapers in downtown Detroit to start with. And even the Penobscot is only 50% occupied. Sigh.

Huh? of all the skyscrapers downtown yes the penobscot is at 50%, that's due to a garbage landlord owner.

Class A office space is at 90-100% leased. The book and stott are undergoing renovations as we speak. There are no truly abandoned skyscrapers in downtown anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Huh? of all the skyscrapers downtown yes the penobscot is at 50%, that's due to a garbage landlord owner.

Class A office space is at 90-100% leased. The book and stott are undergoing renovations as we speak. There are no truly abandoned skyscrapers in downtown anymore
    Thank you.

Maybe they can add a 'sky slide' to the top!

As seen on Jimmy Kimmel Live....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9BUkTyInzo

Quote Originally Posted by mikehamm45 View Post
    read they wanted a city within a city... how did that work out for the rencen
    Jose Saramago wrote an excellent novel about a place like that too.

Review of Jose Saramago's "The Cave"
    http://yalereviewofbooks.com/the-cav...-paige-austin/

Nero Guest

I Trumpet; "The Ruins have been restored!"

Woe, woe, woe to those who stay without remorse as the dead and the damned walk amongst the living on Earth. All around us we can smell the flower of their flesh decayed, yet we think to ourselves; "oh how nice a flower, but how putrid the smell. Let me take the flower's seeds to new lands, so that all lands can be infected by the honey of her misdeeds".

Evolution has a counterpart.
    Last edited by Nero; December-18-17 at 12:11 PM.

I'm hoping that they setup a live site camera like District Detroit did for the LCA construction. Anyone heard anything about them possibly doing that?

Default hudson Site Construction

Will the 80 story building be built on top of the steel beams that are already protruding from the ground or would the beams be removed all together?

The beams were only built to support 18-20 storeys so they will be ripped out along with the underground parking, to be replaced with new parking also.

I'm working on the project. I'll snap some pictures over the next few years and post them. It's gong to be a fun project to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor65 View Post
    I'm working on the project. I'll snap some pictures over the next few years and post them. It's gong to be a fun project to be a part of.
    are they waiting to wrap on Shinola before kicking it into high gear?

Thanks!

Thank you !

This project is going to be nuts. Feels like just yesterday the "What's going on at the Red Wings Arena" thread just started and here we are, at the start of another massive project.

Noticed they tore down the structures that housed the stairwells and elevator shafts this week. Excited to see this site transform.

Please do so you can prove Bham wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Please do so you can prove Bham wrong.
    Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the promised "80 floor building", which, so far, is nothing but talk.

Bring it on, ye downtown starry-eyed optimists.

I especially appreciate how the building gets 10 floors taller with every breathless "news story". At 80 floors, given modern day office heights, we're now looking at something taller than the Empire State Building, supposedly being built by a guy who has never built something outside of a taxpayer funded parking lot.
    Last edited by Bham1982; April-04-18 at 09:59 AM.

58 [[above ground) floors actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the promised "80 floor building", which, so far, is nothing but talk.

I especially appreciate how the building gets 10 floors taller with every breathless "news story". At 80 floors, given modern day office heights, we're now looking at something taller than the Empire State Building, supposedly being built by a guy who has never built something outside of a taxpayer funded parking lot.
    They're already workers on site. You're clueless

I can see the construction from my apartment and I can verify that they are out there working every day.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...e-construction

The schedule, from Crains:

• end of 2017-spring 2018: demolition, earth retention, temporary electrical installation
    • summer/fall 2018: demolition of some of the underground garage foundation
    • fall 2018: building tower foundations
    • spring 2019: parking deck foundations and structure
    • spring 2019: building the tower structure
    • summer 2019: building the block structure
    • fall 2019: mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection system installation
    • fall 2019: site utilities
    • fall/winter 2020: enclosure of the block and tower
    • winter 2020: elevator and escalator installation
    • spring 2021: building interiors and finishes
    • summer 2022: final site work

Bham, I understand your comments about the height being exaggerated, but do you really think this building is not going to be built? Barring an economic catastrophe, this is a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Barring an economic catastrophe, this is a done deal.
    Both Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center were built during the worst recession in US history.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Will the 80 story building be built on top of the steel beams that are already protruding from the ground or would the beams be removed all together?
    Not 80 story.... 800 ft.

WTF?

For someone who flies off the handle at Fake News that fits their own agenda you sure can spew out a load of it.

What the hell happened? Tough going on your “Nobody wants a condo at the Book Cadillac” anymore so it was time to make up some other negative Detroit lie and start peddling it?

You have one big problem with your latest fabrication.

A majority of the people on this board can go to the Hudson site and see with their own eyes what is happening there now.

Page 11 of 142 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 111 ... LastLast