Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Targeted attack on Christians Easter Sunday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-hotels.html

Two of the blasts are suspected to have been carried out by suicide bombers
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-21-19 at 09:59 AM.

They say currently that there are over 250 million Christians that are under direct threat of persecution across the world.

China has banned all private Christian churches,they have state run churches with cctv cameras so they can identify who is a Christian.

There were underground places of worship but they are cracking down and arresting anybody that attends.Nice of Americans to keep funding it for them.

In the south a church burns and the fbi is all over it but yet when another church burns it is just another fire.

As we can see and according to some of the radical left,these suicide bombers and others that think like them are just poor misguided souls that only need a safe place in the US so they can see the light.

Like what was mentioned in the Paris thread,at least 5 churches in Paris have been torched,including the two largest that were the biggest symbolic examples.
    Last edited by Richard; April-21-19 at 09:07 AM.

The media is reporting at least 8 apparent bombings with the number of dead over 200 and climbing. What a terrible thing to happen on any day, but to intentionally attack innocent people as they worship is beyond horrific.

No matter what group pulled this off and for whatever the reason, I hope their cause died with them.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-21-19 at 10:26 AM.

Seriously one of the most ignorant in a long train of ignorant posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They say currently that there are over 250 million Christians that are under direct threat of persecution across the world.
    blah blah blah more idiotic BS

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Seriously one of the most ignorant in a long train of ignorant posts.

You really wanted to qoute yourself,correct?

Mofed, an Arab Christian who left his native Iraq with his wife and three children in 2012, ran a photo shop in Baghdad before several men came into his store and gave him three options: become Muslim, pay $70,000 per capita tax levied on non-Muslims or be killed with his family.

https://m.mic.com/articles/78967/wha...rld#.E9B8G8b0T

My guess is you enjoy the safety of the United States provided for you at others expense,but would not last 5 minutes in another country.

That so?! Sounds more like 'some people did something' to 'people' while they were doing, eh 'something'...

Compelling article.

I find such vague, nonspecific language conveys more than what it attempts to hide, redirect or depreciate.

Last edited by Zacha341; April-23-19 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That so?! Sounds more like 'some people did something' to 'people' while they were doing, eh 'something'...

Compelling article.

I find such vague, nonspecific language conveys more than what it attempts to hide, redirect or depreciate.

Here you go Zach341, this one goes a more into depth about the choice of words and why it's important. The first time I heard "on this day, someone did something", was a few years back when the 911 anniversary fell on a Saturday, and Ismael Ahmed used the phrase to open his show. There's a difference between crimes being committed and the perpetrator "happens" to belong to some religious organization, and crimes specifically carried out for religious beliefs. It also makes me wonder how someone can name one religious sect just rolling off their tongue but looks for word choices when naming another. Once again, history rewrites itself.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-did-something

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    My guess is you enjoy the safety of the United States provided for you at others expense,but would not last 5 minutes in another country.
    "Safety" of the United States? It's safe here? Since when?

On Tuesday, an Iraq War veteran and a Christian who was on his way to Bible study drove his car into a crowd of innocent people because he "thought they were Muslim"
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...509102471.html

Witnesses said that afterwards he kept praising Jesus, which I guess is the Christian terrorist equivalent of yelling "Allahu Akbar" after an attack. Praise Jesus, I do this in your name!

Meanwhile, today, a 19-year old white male wielding an AR-15 rifle shot up a Synagogue, killing at least one.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/27/us/sa...gue/index.html

He left a manifesto filled with white supremacist ideology on the Right Wing internet forum 8Chan, where he encouraged other white supremacists to attack Jews and Muslims. Another "very fine person", I suppose.

But America is safe though...

^ okay Bham When was the last time you were sleeping with your family in the local village and a bunch of wackos came in and chopped you and your family up into pieces because they did not agree with your religion?

325 million in this country and yes there will be wackos involved but the majority of the population can still sleep at night not in fear.

Why are all of these refugees fleeing to this country for safety from South America?

Approximately 671,000 Rohingya refugees have fled targetedviolence and human rights violations

https://www.unrefugees.org/news/rohi...arn-the-facts/

That was only in 2017 and only counting one country.

GENEVA -- The U.N. refugee agency reported Tuesday that nearly 69 million people who have fled war, violence and persecution were forcibly displaced last year, a record for the fifth straight year. The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees said the continued crises in places like South Sudan and Congo, as well as the exodus of Muslim Rohingya from Myanmar that started last year, raised the overall figure of forced displacements in 2017 to 68.5 million.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-r...e-persecution/

Do the math,that is the same as the entire United States population,every man woman and child fleeing the country every 5 years.

Yea in the bigger picture the United States is a safe country.

You are implying that because trump is in office all of a sudden it is his doing,he was not in office when the towers were hit,and until people can figure out there is no way you can use compassion when it comes to the ones that want you to die because of your religion,they can care less about your compassion.

When was the last time you were jailed or killed because you did not vote for the one that they wanted you to vote for?

Look at how many people cried about water boarding and other intelligence gathering methods.

None of them offered to sit down with a terrorist with milk and cookies and asking them to please tell me where the next strike is.

Not to even mention when tightening the vetting process and limiting admission into this country the pushback that comes from that as a claim of racists.

But yet when violence occurs it becomes,let’s weep for the dead.

You can go to bed and sleep tonight but while you are sleeping hundreds of thousands will be doing the same but they will not wake up in the morning.

Outside of Chicago,yea America is safe.

Actually it is even more safer for those who have the means to protect themselves and family because nothing says genocide more then removing the ability of the average person to defend themself and family and that is the common denominator in the 68.5 million per year.

A bullet stops a machete not compassion.

Look at Truman and Kennedy thier compassion with China directly brought us both the Korean and Vietnam wars.

Take the tools away from your mechanic then ask him or her to fix your car for you,then get mad because they could not.
    Last edited by Richard; April-27-19 at 09:43 PM.

None-starter. I find the term Safe too absolute for planet earth right now. 'Safer' is an option, such as parts of Detroit are clearly safer than others.

Same with varied areas of the US compared to areas within other nations. Certainly some places, ares, venues are safer than others, but SAFE? Umm, no.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-28-19 at 08:38 AM.

I guess it boils down to perspective,we know that neighborhood is not safe so we can avoid it and we have choices in removing ourselves from those situations.

In the past it could be said that people fled the cites for the relative safety of the suburbs.

The human race produces a percentage of evil it,always has,a lot of the neighborhoods that we deem unsafe in this country were created that way by circumstance and design and they exist because we allow them to exist.

The difference is we retain the individual freedom for the large part to control our safety where in a large part of the world,they do not,thier future is already determined for them,we do not see millions of Americans fleeing this country from the violence to other countries.

But we do see hundreds of millions wishing to flee to this country for the safety they seek.

It was about perspective and when compared in the bigger picture of the world this country is safe.

The tragedy’s,as bad as they are that AJ posted, happened over a period of time whereas they are a daily occurrence in other parts of the world.

In the realm of the attacks on Christians

February alone there had been a record 47 documented attacks on churches and religious sites.

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attac...statue-1370800

France made that choice of compassion and it has concenquences in the form of no go zones and the decreased safety of thier citizens.

For centuries there are forms of religion that have never co existed with Christianity without violence,what makes anybody think that changing the scenery is going to solve that?
    Last edited by Richard; April-28-19 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    "Safety" of the United States? It's safe here? Since when?

On Tuesday, an Iraq War veteran and a Christian who was on his way to Bible study drove his car into a crowd of innocent people because he "thought they were Muslim"
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...509102471.html

Witnesses said that afterwards he kept praising Jesus, which I guess is the Christian terrorist equivalent of yelling "Allahu Akbar" after an attack. Praise Jesus, I do this in your name!

Meanwhile, today, a 19-year old white male wielding an AR-15 rifle shot up a Synagogue, killing at least one.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/27/us/sa...gue/index.html

He left a manifesto filled with white supremacist ideology on the Right Wing internet forum 8Chan, where he encouraged other white supremacists to attack Jews and Muslims. Another "very fine person", I suppose.

But America is safe though...
    Why is it that Democrats have trouble with the concept of proportion?

I read your links. They do support your point that not every hateful terrorist acts are by Muslims. The driver who wounded 8 people said “Thank you Jesus” which you guessed “is the Christian terrorist equivalent of yelling "Allahu Akbar" after an attack”.The other fellow who killed one person and wounded at least 4 others at the synagogue did leave behind a hate filled manifesto. He hated Jews even hated Trump calling Trump a Zionist, traitorous co------er”. Your CNN narrative link omitted that detail.

However, we can’t generalize that these two were both Christian or white so the teachings of Jesus and a lack of melanin were not responsible in both cases.

Richard’s comment in post #6 which you responded to and the topic of this thread about 259 Christians being killed [[at last count) and 500 being wounded on Palm Sunday had to do with Muslims. While the two individuals and the Sri Lankan terrorists did have hate in common, there are some differences.

259 dead is and 500 wounded is a bigger number than 1 dead and 12 wounded your linked articles mentioned. The 2,996 killed on 9/11 is even a bigger number than the 2,500 killed at Pearl Harbor. 9/11 better illustrates your point to Richard about not being safe here than your two links citing 1 dead and 12 wounded. Any Chicago weekend would top those numbers.

Also, The Palm Sunday incident and the 9/11 incident in which “some people did something”, to quote your fellow Democrat, were well coordinated events involving large numbers of conspirators who had more in common than the two individuals who didn’t know each other mentioned in your links.

By the way, I’m sorry for you that after $30m spent and two years wasted, your Grand Inquisitor didn’t prove Russian collusion. Take heart. There is still the possibility that your congressional clown crew will at least keep the ball rolling with charges of obstructing a coup about something that didn't happen. Although a lame fall back position, it’s something.
    Last edited by oladub; April-28-19 at 11:50 PM.

Generally speaking, Christians reap precisely what they sow.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    What exactly did those Sri Lankan Christians sow?

You mean speaking out of your ass?

Definitively speaking; squirm back under your rock.

Interesting. So 31.5% of the world population are the only ones who get what they deserve? What about the other 68.5%?

Don't we all eventually reap what we sow? I'm not affiliated with any religion, but I do believe it doesn't matter what you are, people are people and there 's good and bad in all of us.

Citation:https://bit.ly/2OYFCRn Wikipedia article citing PEW research study.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn.F View Post
    Interesting. So 31.5% of the world population are the only ones who get what they deserve? What about the other 68.5%?

Don't we all eventually reap what we sow? I'm not affiliated with any religion, but I do believe it doesn't matter what you are, people are people and there 's good and bad in all of us.
    The title of this thread is "Targeted attacks on Christians Easter Sunday". Presumably, leapfrog's response, "Generally speaking, Christians reap precisely what they sow" had to do with the 253 Sri Lankan Christians who were murdered. Leapfrog suggested they reaped what they sowed without an explanation.

Oladub, sorry my sarcasm was too subtle for you when I called leapfrog 's comment interesting. I am well aware of what this thread is about and I find his intolerant statement as offensive as coacle and honky tonk appear to have done. Do you need to explain their comments to me as well?

Responding to leapfrog's comment with demographics and a cliche? I admit, I still don't get your "sarcasm". I didn't find leapfrog's comment to be "intolerant" so much as illogical.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
    Terry Pratchett

Here's another one: to each his own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast