Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sam Riddle? What? Was he talking about it on his radio slot on 910 AM?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Looks like Sam Riddle is trying to take credit for this. Between Rock and Riddle I don't know who is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Kid Rock says something inappropriate - not shocked
    Kid Rock closes his restaurant - not shocked

Someone put Sam Riddle in charge of something - WTF?

^^^ IDK... I just know he [[Riddle) has an 10 AM slot on the radio station. Can't keep a good man down ----

Maybe he mentioned the Rock restaurant debacle...

So are we at the point when we just gloss over the fact that this guy said for two women to "suck his d sideways"? Who apparently we're just living their life no association to Kid Rock at all. Also, Kid Rock doesn't issue an apology at all. Also, gets upset when they rally to close his restaurant? What type of world do we live in!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    What type of world do we live in!?!
    An orange one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    No talent sloppy drunk.

Poor sloppy drunks don't get much love. Now they are bunched in with a dumb lousy singer. Life ain't fair.

People that think Sam Riddle is still a thing in 2019 [[and AM radio for that matter) are just as bad as the people that think Kid Rock is still a thing in 2019. We all know the Ilitch organization is stuck in the 90's. The way I look at it, Kid Rock did us all a favor. Now we can move on in a positive way without all the old BS dragging everything down.

Nobody in this city likes Kid Rock. Thank you Nashville for taking the garbage.

Hopefully he starts telling everybody he was born and bred there. It's not like he's a stranger to compulsive lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    He was with his NAN associates doing a protest outside LCA and they were taking credit for Kid Rock not renewing his lease.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Kid Rock says something inappropriate - not shocked
    Kid Rock closes his restaurant - not shocked

Someone put Sam Riddle in charge of something - WTF?
    If you need a con man/grifter/shake down artist then Riddle isnt a bad way to go

Kid's supporters are claiming "freedom of speech" for his diatribe and against LCA closing his restaurant. What they fail to understand is that LCA has the right to their own free speech and that involves them closing his place down.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Kid's supporters are claiming "freedom of speech" for his diatribe and against LCA closing his restaurant. What they fail to understand is that LCA has the right to their own free speech and that involves them closing his place down.
    Did LCA refuse or the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Did LCA refuse or the other way around?
    Two stories making the rounds, but I know Kid is screaming about having sunk millions into Detroit and it wasn't appreciated, so I can only guess they either bounced him or had words with him.

Sounds a lot like someone was asked to not renew his lease:

“We have been in contact with Kid Rock," Granger's statement read. "He has voluntarily decided not to renew his licensing agreement for the Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit restaurant which comes up for renewal in April. We are in the business of amazing and inspiring our fans and guests through an incredible array of world-class sporting and live entertainment events. As our venues are open, inviting, inclusive, and respectful to all, we look forward to bringing on an exciting new concept that aligns with our community and company values.”

Kid's statement on FB
    Kid Rock posted a statement to his Facebook page on Wednesday morning:"I will not be renewing my licensing agreement for my Made In Detroit Restaurant this April.I appreciate all who have patronized our place and still have much love for the City of Detroit and the people / organizations that I have helped there for years, black, white, whatever, but learned long ago, go where you’re celebrated, not tolerated.I guess the millions of dollars I pumped into that town was not enough.
    I will let the NAN network and others go ahead and take the wheel now. Good luck. I may be guilty of being a loud mouth jerk at times, but trying to label me racist is a joke, and actually only does a disservice to the black community, which I have supported my entire life, by trying to alienate myself and many others.PS - Hey Al Sharpton, you or your cronies will never beat me you tax evading, race baiting clown!Trump 2020!!
    250k donated to Eastern Market for the Kid Rock community kitchen

250k donated for the Barbara Bush reading innovative in Detroit
    1m raised to help save The DSO, many, many more 10’s if not 100’s of thousands of dollars raised and donated in Detroit by Kid Rock"

Sounds a lot like someone was asked to not renew his lease:
    That would be my guess as well. And as Kid Rock hasn't publicly called out the Illitches, I wouldn't doubt if the request came with some type of financial agreement. The place was likely a money pit anyhow, so I doubt he is as broken up about it as it appears.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; December-05-19 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    The place was likely a money pit anyhow, so I doubt he is as broken up about it as it appears.
    With all that 24 hour non-stop activity around the LCA?

Kid's statement on FB
    Rarely do idiots rise to such completeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That's why the current form is basically seen as a symbol of hate rather than any form of tribute to the CSA.
    Yup. When I see a truck in Hazel Park driving a round with a five foot confederate flag mounted to the back of it I know what they're trying to say. It isn't about southern pride. It's a redneck culture that adores the "honesty" of people expressing their bigoted views. It's about intolerance and separation. It's about a furtherance of the sometimes silent racism that persists today.

It's amazing how a group of people can hate on Mexican immigrants and black people because of their "invasion", but they adopt and adore a people that wanted to rip this country apart.

Few minds will be changed, so for the most part I just focus on making sure my children know that hate and bigotry is morally wrong and repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    It's a special kind of stupid to be from Northern Macomb County and fly the Confederate flag. Like, powerful stupid
    Its insulting to the memory of every Union soldier from Michigan who lost his life in the Civil War.

There should be a Motown Records themed restaurant, since Kid Rock's Made in Detroit is vacating. Really should have happened to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    There should be a Motown Records themed restaurant, since Kid Rock's Made in Detroit is vacating. Really should have happened to begin with.
    Actually, the 10 story Donovan [[Motown) Building on the corner of Woodward and Fisher Fwy Service Drive and the Sanders Building next door should never have been torn down... but we have the Kwamster to thank for that... and the land later was given to the Ilitches. If there is a Motown Records themed restaurant to be put downtown... it should not be near there....

https://historicdetroit.org/buildings/donovan-building

Lower Woodward near Campus Martius would be a better choice.
    Last edited by Gistok; December-12-19 at 01:58 PM.

I'm sure they'll go the generic route with "Hat Trick Burger Bar" or something. No sense in trying to get too creative, and I doubt an outside restaurant would want to open a location in an area that's dead when the Pistons/Wings aren't playing.

It's almost as if the complete lack of residential development in The District is having an impact on the commercial properties...

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Yup. When I see a truck in Hazel Park driving a round with a five foot confederate flag mounted to the back of it I know what they're trying to say. It isn't about southern pride. It's a redneck culture that adores the "honesty" of people expressing their bigoted views. It's about intolerance and separation. It's about a furtherance of the sometimes silent racism that persists today.

It's amazing how a group of people can hate on Mexican immigrants and black people because of their "invasion", but they adopt and adore a people that wanted to rip this country apart.

Few minds will be changed, so for the most part I just focus on making sure my children know that hate and bigotry is morally wrong and repulsive.

It's 2019, not 1991. You are more likely to see the Confederate flags flying in zip code 48307 than you are in Hazel Park, where I'm guessing you don't spend much time. With very few exceptions, the inner suburbs have been the most diverse areas of Metro Detroit for quite a while. Rochester Hills...eh not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    It's 2019, not 1991. You are more likely to see the Confederate flags flying in zip code 48307 than you are in Hazel Park, where I'm guessing you don't spend much time. With very few exceptions, the inner suburbs have been the most diverse areas of Metro Detroit for quite a while. Rochester Hills...eh not so much.
    "Hazel Park" would be a great drag name for a Korean American.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast