Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I work in Grand Park Centre....going to miss the parking garage while this is being built

We'll have a really nice street wall on the west side of Woodward once this is complete! Too bad about the other side...

Looks like we have some more fleshed out renderings for what they will be building. These may still be a placeholder but the DEGC is using them. Nice infill but pretty uninspiring. Hopefully the material choices will make it a bit more interesting.

Name:  49513231_2291987994168142_8386368531037421568_o.jpg
Views: 12364
Size:  103.9 KB

how widespread is chemical bank in southeast Michigan? I haven't heard of them being in Detroit proper yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    how widespread is chemical bank in southeast Michigan? I haven't heard of them being in Detroit proper yet.
    They are about this widespread in SEM:

Name:  Chem.png
Views: 1975
Size:  150.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    They are about this widespread in SEM:

Name:  Chem.png
Views: 1975
Size:  150.3 KB
    They didn’t have a metro Detroit presence until they recently merged with Talmer bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    One of the main reasons for moving to Detroit is to establish a presence there. I suspect the City put out a bid that if any bank moved their HQ to the city, they would get the city's business. Probably between Flagstar and Chemical and Chemical took them up

Quote Originally Posted by Rock N Rye View Post
    They didn’t have a metro Detroit presence until they recently merged with Talmer bank.
    That makes sense. I'm with the others, I haven't really heard much of Chemical Bank outside of it being referred to in an episode of Seinfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    ...I haven't really heard much of Chemical Bank outside of it being referred to in an episode of Seinfeld.
    Which was actually a different financial institution altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Looks like we have some more fleshed out renderings for what they will be building. These may still be a placeholder but the DEGC is using them. Nice infill but pretty uninspiring. Hopefully the material choices will make it a bit more interesting.

Name:  49513231_2291987994168142_8386368531037421568_o.jpg
Views: 12364
Size:  103.9 KB
    So they did what I was hoping they'd do, move that parking off Woodward, which gets rid of that ugly and awkward parking screen. This is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    One of the main reasons for moving to Detroit is to establish a presence there. I suspect the City put out a bid that if any bank moved their HQ to the city, they would get the city's business. Probably between Flagstar and Chemical and Chemical took them up
    They seem to be getting the City's business. I was aware of
    JP Morgan Chase having the City's business and prior to them,
    Comerica had the City's business. From Crain's:

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...anking-partner

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    So they did what I was hoping they'd do, move that parking off Woodward, which gets rid of that ugly and awkward parking screen. This is an improvement.
    Are you sure? They got rid of the screen, but the white tiles on the bottom 10ish floors could still be covering up parking.

Still looks like there might be parking on the bottom floors.

That's what the screen is for; the parking isn't going anywhere. This looks different than this, which I'd guess is closer to reality:

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/attach...5&d=1547556984

Looks like a fairly budget friendly metal screen with green uplighting.

The DEGC poster has a very early sketch up blocking design. That poster was made in PowerPoint by some $15/hr person with an outdated jpeg from an old email. I would not take stock in those schemes whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    It was reported that because some employees of the old TCF bank would be moving to the new HQ in Detroit, the height of the new building would increase, but this rendering does not show an height jump.

Right, this is not what the building is ultimately going to look like, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    It was reported that because some employees of the old TCF bank would be moving to the new HQ in Detroit, the height of the new building would increase, but this rendering does not show an height jump.
    The initial plan talked about apartments in the tower, perhaps they traded out residential component for more office...no additional height needed.

Why are you so hard up on this bad design being the final one? You better be hoping they fix this sorry architecture.

This isn't the final design.

I’m looking forward to hearing what the final height will be. If they still add residential floors plus the addition of more office floors we could be looking at something 30+ floors.

I think it’d be equally as great if they got the Fine Arts Building facade from the Ilitches and expanded the site to the Adams Theatre site, incorporated the Fine Arts facade and the narrow site between the Kales Building and Fine Arts.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post

Thanks Hybridy!

I like the new renderings much better than the previous ones. I count 19 floors. I think it's a great size for that location.

The building height increased by 20 ft. from 291 ft. to 311 ft. [[much of it elevator shaft related). I count 20 floors... 11 parking and 9 office space.

The south elevation [[alley) doesn't show any connection to the Grand Park Centre [[former Michigan Mutual Building). Does this mean that the occupants of that building will have to find [[or build?) new parking?

I wish they would have shown how the view from Grand Circus Park would look towards the bank building, where the 14 story Fyfe Bldg. and the Grand Park Centre obstructs any view of the bank.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast