Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default open letter to Lowell

I was completely attracted to this forum years ago. Detroit yes, so positive! As a resident and home owner I see so much positive. As a realist, I see such crap.

Be nice for example if the DPW would pick up our trash weekly. Que sera.

I love living in the city. We have many new neighbors that enjoy proximity to many cultural events. Sadly we are porch sitters now and hear/feel the vibrancy that is the heart of this city.

MY DETROIT is so better than what the tabloids write.

Full response coming. please stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Co-signed.

I was completely attracted to this forum years ago. Detroit yes, so positive! As a resident and home owner I see so much positive. As a realist, I see such crap.

Be nice for example if the DPW would pick up our trash weekly. Que sera.

I love living in the city. We have many new neighbors that enjoy proximity to many cultural events. Sadly we are porch sitters now and hear/feel the vibrancy that is the heart of this city.

Originally Posted by bailey
    ...but how does one live with all the road closures and stifling racism emanating from the GPs?

Bailey, kiss my ass.
    Just thought this seemed relevant here....since you seem so aggrieved about a lack of civility.

This thread, first posted in Discuss Detroit Forum, is about the forum more than about Detroit. It has been moved to the Connections Forum where such discussion belong.

The thread Curbed: GPP Doesn't Want Detroit erupted into a family feud of sorts among veteran members. The discussion turned to scoring personal points, no longer about the topic at hand, and a cycle of hit-backs emerged.

When that happens we regrettably have to go in with the weed-whacker and remove ALL posts involved, including any that reference the cycle.

I say regrettably because it wastes our time, is unpleasant almost painful to read, and interferes the flow of the discussion. This one was especially difficult as it involved a number of valued long-time members.

However, we cannot and will not allow personal attacks, no matter who posts them, and the offending posts AND any post with context to those posts will be removed without notice or explanation.

Finally, we kindly request that you PLEASE click the report post icon /!\, which can be found at the lower left of every post on this forum, to report an out of line post.

We cannot read everything and rely your help to discover these events before they spread. This was the case here but the first report did not arrive until after the fire had spread.

Thank you for keeping the discussion about Metro-Detroit-Windsor and not about each other. Please be kind to one another. We are all passionate about our great and challenged city. Let's focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    As this thread, posted in Discuss Detroit Forum, is about the forum more than about Detroit especially as it calls out someone, if has been moved to the Connections Forum where such discussion belong.

The thread Curbed: GPP Doesn't Want Detroit erupted into a family feud of sorts among veteran members. The discussion turned to scoring personal points, no longer about the topic at hand, and a cycle of hit-backs emerges.

When that happens we regrettably have to go in with the weed-whacker and remove ALL posts involved, including any that reference cycle.

I say regrettably because it wastes our time, is unpleasant almost painful to read, and interferes the flow of the discussion. This one was especially difficult as it involved a number of valued long-time members.

However, we cannot and will not allow personal attacks, no matter who posts them, and the offending posts AND any post with context to those posts will be removed with out notice or explanation.

Finally, we kindly request that you PLEASE click the report post icon /!\, which can be found at the lower left of every post on this forum, to report an out of line post.

We cannot read everything and rely your help to discover these events before they spread. This was the case here but the first report did not arrive until after the fire had spread.

Thank you for keeping the discussion about Metro-Detroit-Windsor and not about each other. Please be kind to one another. We are all passionate about our great and challenged city. Let's focus on that.
    Sorry Lowell, I do try to be civil, West Park Village is just a bit of a sore point with me since my church of 60 years was sold surreptitiously to the Cotton Bros to become a Brew Pub. The former pastor sure is driving some fine wheels now.

Sorry Lowell, I do try to be civil, West Park Village is just a bit of a sore point with me since my church of 60 years was sold surreptitiously to the Cotton Bros to become a Brew Pub. The former pastor sure is driving some fine wheels now.
    What was surreptitious about the sale?

I can understand your frustration, but I don't understand why and who you're directing your frustration at.

Quote Originally Posted by GP For Life View Post
    What was surreptitious about the sale?
    She'll tell you three weeks from next wednesday...