Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Little Caesars to Build 8 Story Downtown HQ

Name:  B9315417559Z.1_20141210075927_000_G899C6B3L.1-0.jpg
Views: 8710
Size:  56.6 KB

Oh wow. The architecture actually really compliments the Fox and Fillmore too! should make people happy!

This is awesome news!

[[Although the giant little caesars logo is a bit much) still overall i'm ecstatic!

I guess this is a nice step in the right direction from Illitch and Co. Too bad they couldn't rehab a building in their catalog, say, the Detroit Life Building on the other end of Columbia street. But oh well.

It's always bothered me a bit that there weren't any Little Caesar's downtown. Glad they're putting up a flagship store as part of this.

Nice to see a proposal for in-fill on a parking lot. This being Illitch/olympia...I'll believe it's actually getting built when construction starts.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Nice to see a proposal for in-fill on a parking lot. This being Illitch/olympia...I'll believe it's actually getting built when construction starts.
    It's smoke and mirrors. They're gonna put this up and knock down the Eddystone and Harbor Light. Then then can say they have turned parking lots into usable, taxable space.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    It's smoke and mirrors. They're gonna put this up and knock down the Eddystone and Harbor Light. Then then can say they have turned parking lots into usable, taxable space.
    If past is prologue, the only thing we'll get is today's proposal to build, some pretty drawings, AND the demo of the Eddystone and the Harbor Light.

Perfect spot for some infill. Applause. Now let's see about the empty blocks across Woodward and across Park from here.

As to Eddystone et al., I hope that our elected officials and others will put their foot down. They can choose to control things here and lot let the Illitches tear them down [[assuming this is or becomes their intention). I am looking at the Council and all preservation stakeholders to be our champions here.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    They wouldn't have pulled all their employees out of work from Downtown and bussed in their employees from Farmington Hills for the announcement and celebration afterwards if it was not going to happen. This is the real deal. It is happening.

I agree with Detroit. It is happening. I'm glad to see that Illitch is finally moving on some of these properties. I still think that a lot of his recent development plans are smoke and mirrors, but I am encouraged by this.

How many people do they have in Farmington Hills? And will those folks be the ones relocating?

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...roit/20192269/

here's a story on the architecture of the new HQ.

More like an excuse to tear down the Hotel Blenheim building.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post

This is huge. I'm glad to see some missing streetwall on Woodward filled in.

I wonder if the store will sell $5 pizza's on game days? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    How many people do they have in Farmington Hills? And will those folks be the ones relocating?
    Well.. due to the secretiveness of the company I don't want to quote a number but Blue Line Foodservice Distribution is Headquartered at the building that was once the Little Caesars corporate office and as the article states, Little Caesars has employees working out of its sister companies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    This is huge. I'm glad to see some missing streetwall on Woodward filled in.

I wonder if the store will sell $5 pizza's on game days? I doubt it.
    I am hoping that it will sell slices and have ample seating so the employees can sit and eat without needing to take it back to their desks.

Only SEVEN corporate headquarters have been built in Detroit since 1950. That was kind of a shocking stat to me. But don't let anyone tell you that businesses create jobs haha

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    It's always bothered me a bit that there weren't any Little Caesar's downtown. Glad they're putting up a flagship store as part of this.
    When the Ilitch family first began operating the Fox Theater after its renovation was completed, they operated a sit-down, upscale pizza restaurant in the storefront just to the north, for quite some time. So really they are bringing pizza back to the neighborhood; it was there for a while. I don't recall when it closed, or if they said why.

Good news!

Are they really going to put a giant Little Caesars logo on top of the Fox? That would be awful.

what, if anything, is going to happen with the United Artists building? That needs rehab.

We'll know progress is being made downtown when the Freep writer stops using phrases like "when the tower rises against the skyline" for an 8 story building.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what, if anything, is going to happen with the United Artists building? That needs rehab.
    That or the Detroit Life would be a wonderful spot for...a Little Caesars HQ!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Are they really going to put a giant Little Caesars logo on top of the Fox? That would be awful.

holy moly i didn't see that. there is NO way, i repeat NO way the city council can let that happen...

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    When the Ilitch family first began operating the Fox Theater after its renovation was completed, they operated a sit-down, upscale pizza restaurant in the storefront just to the north, for quite some time. So really they are bringing pizza back to the neighborhood; it was there for a while. I don't recall when it closed, or if they said why.

Good news!
    That was IIRC... American Pizza Cafe [[or some name like that)... and it closed for the same reason that all the restaurants in the Fox Building and Comerica Park McDonalds closed... lack of foot traffic during off game/theatre days. With Ilitch wiping out so many potential residential buildings [[Wolverine Hotel, YWCA) for parking lots... there's little foot traffic due to a sea of parking in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    holy moly i didn't see that. there is NO way, i repeat NO way the city council can let that happen...
    Is it really any worse than the F O X spire that dwarfs it by comparison? It's the corporate logo of the company that owns the building.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast