Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Women - What Makes Them Special?

I recall an interview back in the 70s in Creem Magazine with Detroit's adopted native son, Peter Wolf of the J. Geils Band.

He mentioned how much he loved Detroit women, but sadly, did not elaborate.

What, in your opinion, makes the women of Detroit unique and special? This may take some, little or no thought at all, but your remarks are greatly appreciated, nevertheless. Thanks!

As a senior, you can see in some women what used to be teenage greatness. But like me, we all age terribly. That given, please be you're calm beautiful self. Rock on !!!!!

Sadly, I dont know any women from Detroit. Except for maybe my 9 year old daughter who was born there. Not quite a woman but for obvious reasons she is unique and special to me.

Salty language and a no-nonsense attitude

I'm glad this dumb thread was started by a woman.

I'm ignoring this as a woman... well sorta.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-18 at 08:41 PM.

They're smart, strong, attractive, and their own person, but @ the same time kind, loving, nurturing, and supportive.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-30-18 at 08:12 PM.

Detroit women are the most attractive the world has ever known. Scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    And some of the responses are just as dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Salty language and a no-nonsense attitude
    I've heard the term "no bullshit" more than once, but yeah, that'll work!

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    You must be from Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    And some of the responses are just as dumb.
    And you must be from Cleveland, too. Detroit men aren't so narrow-minded and obtuse as that. BTW: You'd better change that name to "216WX"

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    They're smart, strong, attractive, and their own person, but @ the same time kind, loving, nurturing, and supportive.
    Co-Best answer yet, tied with Worldsgreatest.

Here are some answers I've found:

Detroit women are:

1. Self-sufficient - they can take care of themselves. But they'll let you take care of them if they want; it's their call. Worst case scenario is they apply for their own welfare.

2. Know more about cars than most women. I love taking my car in and saying "there's something wrong with my catalytic converter". Then they call later and say, "Damn lady, you were right." LOL

3. Do NOT bullshit these women. Detroit women have a sixth sense about these things. However, if you are dumb enough to do so, they won't call you on it......they'll just out-bullshit you until you don't know if you're coming or going. 99.9% of the time, you are going.....flat on your ass out the door.

4. They know how to swim, especially the east siders. A childhood memory almost always includes getting thrown into the drink at one time or another.

5. They know how to keep themselves safe at all times. They know where to go, walk, sit and be...or not to be....in just about any situation. They also have a Plan B, C, D, etc.

6. They have a keen sense of direction. I don't know how this happened, if it's genetic, geographic or what. On the rare occasion they do get lost. a quick look at the environment puts them right. "Where's the sun? Where's the moon? Where's the river?"

7. They have a juicy look about them . They're just juicy. I think it's all the fruit eating. I ate a ton of fruit when I grew up/lived in Detroit. Every neighbor had at least one fruit tree and we would drop off a bag of apples and got a bag of plums in return. We have the perfect soil and climate combination to grow fruit. In any event........juicy!
    Last edited by kathy2trips; December-31-18 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    Co-Best answer yet, tied with Worldsgreatest.

Here are some answers I've found:

Detroit women are:

1. Self-sufficient - they can take care of themselves. But they'll let you take care of them if they want; it's their call. Worst case scenario is they apply for their own welfare.

2. Know more about cars than most women. I love taking my car in and saying "there's something wrong with my catalytic converter". Then they call later and say, "Damn lady, you were right." LOL

3. Do NOT bullshit these women. Detroit women have a sixth sense about these things. However, if you are dumb enough to do so, they won't call you on it......they'll just out-bullshit you until you don't know if you're coming or going. 99.9% of the time, you are going.....flat on your ass out the door.

4. They know how to swim, especially the east siders. A childhood memory almost always includes getting thrown into the drink at one time or another.

5. They know how to keep themselves safe at all times. They know where to go, walk, sit and be...or not to be....in just about any situation. They also have a Plan B, C, D, etc.

6. They have a keen sense of direction. I don't know how this happened, if it's genetic, geographic or what. On the rare occasion they do get lost. a quick look at the environment puts them right. "Where's the sun? Where's the moon? Where's the river?"

7. They have a juicy look about them . They're just juicy. I think it's all the fruit eating. I ate a ton of fruit when I grew up/lived in Detroit. Every neighbor had at least one fruit tree and we would drop off a bag of apples and got a bag of plums in return. We have the perfect soil and climate combination to grow fruit. In any event........juicy!

WHAT! My answers WAY better than Worldsgreatest! I also forgot to add Detroit women are interesting. I have respect for women that can take care of themselves, [[not me) and have something to bring to the table. I don't care for women that constantly whine [[bitch, if you will) or have the "daddy, buy me" complex. Also, too many shoes are a turn off. Before I die, I'd like to know the answer to what's up with that?!?!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-31-18 at 05:32 AM.

"they'll out bull-shit you"....agree 100%!

They have beautiful eyes, and a handy smile. Another thing that strikes me is they won't smell of that cheap perfume like they do in Nashville or Hamburg. No falsies at tooth or boob level and a nice hip swivel which in men is called swagger and is more of a torso movement. Always ready to open a car door, etc, etc...

Truly admirable.
    Last edited by canuck; December-31-18 at 08:05 AM.

Summa ya'll been imbibin' the wacky weed, ain't ya'?

Any of what has been mentioned goes for women anywhere, not just one location. There is no difference.

And you must be from Cleveland, too...
    Thankfully, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Summa ya'll been imbibin' the wacky weed, ain't ya'?

Any of what has been mentioned goes for women anywhere, not just one location. There is no difference.

Yes, I thought the same, but every place has its local color. Some places have more local color than others. Londonderry was famous for kneecapping, and sort of mellowed. Kandahar is known for Niqabbing, that may be on the way out, at least as far as women are concerned.

Many were half bat shit crazy, which often makes for great lovers.

^^^ OOOh! That's naughty funny ----

What, in your opinion, makes the women of Detroit unique and special? This may take some, little or no thought at all, but your remarks are greatly appreciated, nevertheless. Thanks!
    Detroit men.