Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

The art gallery in this weeks episode was the gallery in the centre street building.

The show is getting very good! I hope it lasts.

Don't forget to watch tonight's Detroit 1-8-7 season finale!

And sign the online petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/det187/petition.html

FYI: There's a special viewing event for the season finale tonight at The Java House in Old Redford. Fundraiser for Blight Busters and The Artists Village.

http://macomblife.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Don't forget to watch tonight's Detroit 1-8-7 season finale!

And sign the online petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/det187/petition.html
    Done and sent the link via forward to my friends

This show is too much fun. I cant imagine its going to be cancelled. It had a slow start but now I haven't missed an episode.

Maybe all the hype about it being cancelled was just that, hype.

I haven't read this entire thread so Maybe theres some Nielson stats that say its not doing all that great, but are they current?

"Dad, they don't say soda in Detroit. They say pop. Everyone knows that"

Not sure if I'm just a homey, but I really like the show. Not sure what the show gets in terms of tax credits but cant believe a smaller percentage would for all the participants would not keep the show profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    "Dad, they don't say soda in Detroit. They say pop. Everyone knows that"
    The best line of the season.

bartock Guest

Only a complete dork like myself would really get fired up by the song "Reckoner" by Radiohead being in the show tonight about 1045 but I'm still amazed it was featured. Brilliant.

Another well executed episode!! Nice that they tied up all the loose ends, yet gave us hints on what could be happening next!

Noticed that Cliff Bell's was where Fitch and crew met up with Stram and his henchman.

What church was used for the baptism scene?

One of the best episodes yet ! When Fitch took Stram over to Canada and dropped him off I'm thinking oh no Fitch is dirty and was sent ahead [[by his own will or under threat from Stram ) to Detroit to expand Strams in his dirty deeds . I'm thinking after the show that they could have stretched this storyline out with Stram by re-visiting the storyline from time to time in another season . Did the show originally have this in mind when it was written , and then changed the ending knowing the show would be cancelled ? Or is Stram really dead , we saw no body nor did we see the actual shooting . Questions question questions , that why we need another season . Fitch seems to be opening up some , will he hook up with his fellow detective or try to win his ex's heart back ? Dammit I demand another season ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    One of the best episodes yet ! When Fitch took Stram over to Canada and dropped him off I'm thinking oh no Fitch is dirty and was sent ahead [[by his own will or under threat from Stram ) to Detroit to expand Strams in his dirty deeds . I'm thinking after the show that they could have stretched this storyline out with Stram by re-visiting the storyline from time to time in another season . Did the show originally have this in mind when it was written , and then changed the ending knowing the show would be cancelled ? Or is Stram really dead , we saw no body nor did we see the actual shooting . Questions question questions , that why we need another season . Fitch seems to be opening up some , will he hook up with his fellow detective or try to win his ex's heart back ? Dammit I demand another season ! lol
    Pretty much second everything you wrote there.

Just how do you get a guy with a rap sheet as long as Stram's across the border anyways?

Stram had border patrol in his pockets too, remember? lol.

Props to catch22 for posting the link to the USA Today article.

Loved seeing the scenes from The Henry Ford last night as well as the Slow's reference. This show is just too good to get the boot. Hopefully ABC will bring it back, and if not, one of the cable networks sees enough in it to bring it back. I can imagine the show being a tinge more gritty if it was to show up on FX, ala The Shield. I encourage everyone to send an email [[or snail mail) to ABC.

Loved that last line about the soda. Earlier in this thread you can see everyone bitching about the soda remark and the producers and writers made good on it! Not because of us per se but because there was a bit of uproar about it!

I signed the petition, liked 'keep Detroit 187 on ABC', anything else I can do?

Here is the 'contact us' link on ABC's website!

http://abc.go.com/site/contact-us

Comments on last nights awesome episode......

I will assume that Fitch and Stram got across the border via Stram's "paid for" border patrol guys. But wouldn't some of them or all of them, or video surveillance visually captured Fitch or his car [[what was he driving anyways?) on the way back WITHOUT Stram, and during a baptism he was supposedly at?

And then Stram ends up dead in front of a cottage in Canada that Fitch has ties to? He was going ice-fishing there earlier in the episode right? Same cottage? Who owns it? Did Fitch rent it?

Stram's dead body currently seems very easy to tie back to Fitch. The alibi of the baptism seems like it could fall apart regardless of multiple cop witnesses.

The FBI agent [[Harkins) may have even seen Fitch meet with Stram at the mansion when they gave Fitch the murder weapon. Could be just being coy about it at this point. She knows Fitch lied about knowing Stram in NY.

Shocked that Fitch actually was going to pin the murder on an innocent man, per Stram's direction. Wow.

We need this show back. Lots of ways it could go.

That forest scene with Stram was straight from the Soprano's. Hopefully Imperioli continues to use that same winning formula on future episodes. I would like to see more believeable bad guys in the future though. Stram was a bit too close to the Hollywood bad guy stereotype.

I've really enjoyed watching this show. It's nice seeing a bit of home on tv since I've moved.

Some of the early posts in this thread are hilarious. Gotta love the DYes grumpy posters who would had no interest in watching it because it wasn't 100% accurate. Who cares, it's been a great show to watch, and I think they showed a nice balanced view of the city.

Who said Stram is dead? I didn't see him getting shot.

Stromberg2

Thoroughly enjoyed this show, and the last episode didn't disappoint either. The scene with the baptism playing as Fitch kills Stram reminded me of the ending scene of Godfather II though.

All in all I do think this show is better than the average ABC show, and hope it gets picked up for a second season.

Show really delivered last night. Excellent. What a waste if ABC does not renew. 187 is hitting a groove.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed this show, and the last episode didn't disappoint either. The scene with the baptism playing as Fitch kills Stram reminded me of the ending scene of Godfather II though.

All in all I do think this show is better than the average ABC show, and hope it gets picked up for a second season.
    I thought lasts night episode was pretty good, but I rolled my eyes at that Godfather II reset.

Last night's episode had the lowest ratings of the season. But it also didn't seem like ABC did much to promote the finale. Unfortunately, I think that is all she wrote: http://www.mlive.com/tv/index.ssf/20...drops_bel.html

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast