Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 108 of 207 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

I saw about 10 min of him yesterday and that's more than enough. Not only was he all over the place, he's a straight out liar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...r-wall-n972116

One of the best untruth's was that Obama told him he was close to going to war with North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    In other news, with the help of president McConnell, dingus declares national emergency over border wall. Imagine if he fought this hard for protecting citizens from gun violence and affordable healthcare. Two of the most important things that everyday families worry about.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/trum...ding-bill.html

Yea,he should take the Dems lead like in California where they spend 30 billion a year on illegals while 60,000 homeless in one city alone sleep in the streets.

They really know how to git it done.

Maybe if they spent the same funds on mental healthcare and affordable healthcare we would not have the gun voilence.

Everyday citizens made the choice of providing sanctuary and funds for illegals over everything else,so that is where their priorities are and what they worry over.

Pence brings "greetings from president trump"...

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...total-silence/

We have a national emergency - the vile Russian asset squatting in the WH.

^ you are upset because it will be harder to sneak over the border now?

2006 9 billion for a border fence was voted in under Obama,nobody had a problem then or when he had a pen and was not afraid to use it.

This is about Trump nothing more,nothing less.

^^^ Again, haven't I told you about bringing up old stuff!? ----

^ sorry,I was thinking about making a tomato sandwich and got distracted,it will not happen again. Today anyways.

^^^ Might as well go all the way with a BLT!

I almost forgot, Happy Valentines Day.

Attachment 37590
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-18-19 at 12:04 AM.

to you as well...

I don't think there was ever a time Donald didn't have his bathrobes monogrammed or moneygrammed. I can't make out the D.C. in that picture though.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

2006 9 billion for a border fence was voted in under Obama,nobody had a problem then or when he had a pen and was not afraid to use it.

This is about Trump nothing more,nothing less.
    But you're forgetting that President Trump is the only reason this is even an issue. President Obama signed an approved budget brought to his desk. President Trump just did the same, and then declared an emergency. He had the option under the Constitution to veto the bill, yet chose not to. The legislative procedures outlined in the Constitution worked in both instances. If he had vetoed the bill, the Congress then had the option under the Constitution to over-ride his signature. President Trump is attempting to circumvent the Constitutional rights of Congress by declaring an 'emergency'. How can he possibly do that when he himself signed the bill ??? He signed it because his own party advised him that they didn't have the Congressional juice to pull it off. That's not an emergency....that's how we've legislatively functioned for over 200 years. It's the very essence of our government.

When it comes to the procedural balance of power between the three branches of American government, and any one branches' attempts to circumvent those procedures as outlined in the Constitution, I think [[and hope) we're going to find the Supreme Court very unaccommodating to President Trump's emergency request. It's an unnecessary expansion of the Executive branches' power.

Personally, I think President Trump honestly thinks the Supreme Court can be manipulated like a paid-off New York City zoning board, labor union, or a high class hooker. No matter your opinion on 'the wall', we as Americans should all hope for a very blunt and direct answer of no from the courts on this issue.

No, I don't think Trump's future wives and employees will have any issues getting over the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    But you're forgetting that President Trump is the only reason this is even an issue. President Obama signed an approved budget brought to his desk. President Trump just did the same, and then declared an emergency. He had the option under the Constitution to veto the bill, yet chose not to. The legislative procedures outlined in the Constitution worked in both instances. If he had vetoed the bill, the Congress then had the option under the Constitution to over-ride his signature. President Trump is attempting to circumvent the Constitutional rights of Congress by declaring an 'emergency'. How can he possibly do that when he himself signed the bill ??? He signed it because his own party advised him that they didn't have the Congressional juice to pull it off. That's not an emergency....that's how we've legislatively functioned for over 200 years. It's the very essence of our government.

When it comes to the procedural balance of power between the three branches of American government, and any one branches' attempts to circumvent those procedures as outlined in the Constitution, I think [[and hope) we're going to find the Supreme Court very unaccommodating to President Trump's emergency request. It's an unnecessary expansion of the Executive branches' power.

Personally, I think President Trump honestly thinks the Supreme Court can be manipulated like a paid-off New York City zoning board, labor union, or a high class hooker. No matter your opinion on 'the wall', we as Americans should all hope for a very blunt and direct answer of no from the courts on this issue.
    You are clarifying the point when you say,President Trump is the only reason this is an issue.

He has not done anything differently then what has been done in the past with executive orders,where nobody actually even knew the costs.

Then president Obama signed 276.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-reg...ers/obama.html

Past President Bush signed 291.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-reg...ers/wbush.html

All of those circumventing congress approval at a price tag that we will never even know.

I would guess that under Bush and the National security act it would be close to the trillion dollar mark with all of the private security companies funded.

When President Obama issued an executive order granting civilian federal employees a 1% pay raise last December, the White House did not tell Congress how much those raises would cost.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ders/25024489/

At the very least we know that the price tag of the wall.

So Obama manlipulated like a Chicago mob boss and Bush manlipulated like a Texas oil magnate.

Call it What one wants,executive order or National Emergency Everybody has used the powers at their disposal in order to achieve their agenda.

He is not fighting for a wall for himself,he is a billionaire,he could hire a wall of armed security 24/7,he is doing what the public has become numb to,exactly what he promised to do on the campaign trail no matter how,imagine if actual politicians started doing the same.
    Last edited by Richard; February-18-19 at 10:29 AM.

Anybody watch the Cohen hearings?

How come Tlaib and Lawrence decided to pull the race card and create more of a dog and pony show then it already was?

You would have had to be in a cave not to have heard a bit it seemed. Great timing too!

Anybody watch the Cohen hearings?

How come Tlaib and Lawrence decided to pull the race card and create more of a dog and pony show then it already was?
    That's what you got out of the hearings. Why am I not surprised?

Not the fact that Trump's lawyer/closest confidant for the last 15 years detailed a lifetime of Trump family criminality; not the mountain of felonies we now know are being investigated by SDNY; you didn't like some of the questioning because of "race card" [[while simultaneously worshipping your cult leader who even his lawyer admits is a vile racist who despises nonwhites).

Meadows bringing in a black staffer to stand behind him to try and prove a point WAS weird. Here's a visual for ya...

https://cf-images.us-east-1.prod.bol...atch/image.jpg

The "dog and pony show" started in June of 2015...

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Politic..._16x9_1600.jpg
    Last edited by Maof; February-28-19 at 08:12 AM.

Just when you thought Trump couldn't sink any lower, he finds a way.

Trump absolves Kim Jong Un of responsibility in the torture death of American citizen Otto Warmbier: "He tells me he didn't know about it, and I will take him at his word."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47404629

The US president said: "I did speak about it, and I don't believe that he would have allowed that to happen.

"It just wasn't to his advantage to allow that to happen. Prisons are rough, they're rough places, and bad things happened."

He said Mr Kim "felt very badly about it", adding: "He knew the case very well, but he knew it later. In those prisons, those camps, you have a lot of people."

First Putin, then MBS, now Kim Jong Un.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Meadows bringing in a black staffer to stand behind him to try and prove a point WAS weird.
    I agree. Republicans are naive when it comes to “circus time”.

But it’s no where near as weird as your “whole party of hate” bringing in a white disbarred lawyer that’s going to jail for committing eight financial crimes and says he has lied but he’s not a liar, to represent their beliefs.

They still believe the fantasy “Trump colluded with the Russians” [[I’m sure you do as well).

[[I watched Waters yesterday in the vain hope somebody might snatch her wig off while she was reading the interminable questions somebody had written for her. What a bunch of phonies your party is!).

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    But it’s no where near as weird as your “whole party of hate” bringing in a white disbarred lawyer that’s going to jail for committing eight financial crimes and says he has lied but he’s not a liar, to represent their beliefs.
    You realize that criminals get taken down by testimony from other criminals all the time, right? That's kinda how prosecutions work. If Cohen weren't a vile scumbag he wouldn't have been Trump's consigliere. Has there every been a mob takedown that didn't involve criminals ratting on higher-up criminals?

Not sure what the "white" has to do with anything, though. I'm not aware of any nonwhite criminals that have been prosecuted vis-a-vis Trump to this point.

They still believe the fantasy “Trump colluded with the Russians” [[I’m sure you do as well).
    And, more important, so does Robert Mueller, which is why Trump is in extreme legal peril. His lawyers aren't scrambling to avoid impeachment, they're scrambling to avoid imprisonment and dissolution of the criminal family empire.

^^Thank god someone of you’re ilk is not our “negotiator”. Your up-front, on the face of it, populist “hard line” could get us into a nuclear conflict in no time flat.

Unless of course you’d already decided the on the obama solution of giving them $150 Billion behind the scenes to build more product, while you to get a “win” at home and kick the can down the road to the next Office Holder.
    You responded to the wrong thread [[I think?).

Nothing you wrote has any relationship to this discussion [[or makes any sense). Bizarre.
    Last edited by Bham1982; February-28-19 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    You responded to the wrong thread [[I think?).

Nothing you wrote has any relationship to this discussion [[or makes any sense). Bizarre.
    Sorry about that. It was not my intention to encroach into your territory..

We shouldn't let the Cohen testimony distract from the fact that Trump went to Vietnam, got down on his knees, sucked the dick of the world's worst dictator, thanked him for the privilege, and then left empty-handed with no deal. WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    ... Trump went to Vietnam, ...
    What puzzles me is how quickly the whole thing crashed. Trump said it basically failed because Kim wanted all sanctions lifted. Couldn't they have determined that in a phone call before wasting the trip?