Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    That's exactly what the catholic church does with sexual predators, just move them around so that they can victimize more people.

At the highest levels the catholic church had knowledge of sexual abuse, and at the highest levels they covered it up and enabled the predators to victimize more young people.
    Which is why Catholics need to stop contributing and stop attending mass. This is the only way leadership will get the message that mass child rape is horrific and a repudiation of Catholic beliefs.

IMO, if you attend mass, and especially if you contribute cash, you're enabling the mass assaults and the resulting cover ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Which is why Catholics need to stop contributing and stop attending mass. This is the only way leadership will get the message that mass child rape is horrific and a repudiation of Catholic beliefs.

IMO, if you attend mass, and especially if you contribute cash, you're enabling the mass assaults and the resulting cover ups.
    They haven't gotten a "tithing" from me in years because of this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Christianity is a moral cesspool.
    I watched 'The Keepers' recently on Netflix. About bad priests in Baltimore. Revolting. And little doubt criminal as well. I have no doubt of the truth of much of what's been said about the Church on this topic.

Yet I think perspective would be helpful. The vast majority of priests, cops, and Border Patrol officers are fine people. Yes, let's 'get' the bad ones -- but don't toss the baby out with the bathwater.

Christianity is not a moral cesspool. But it is part of human life, with all the failings we humans have. Most of Christianity is a positive force in the world for our common good, Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I watched 'The Keepers' recently on Netflix. About bad priests in Baltimore. Revolting. And little doubt criminal as well. I have no doubt of the truth of much of what's been said about the Church on this topic.

Yet I think perspective would be helpful. The vast majority of priests, cops, and Border Patrol officers are fine people. Yes, let's 'get' the bad ones -- but don't toss the baby out with the bathwater.

Christianity is not a moral cesspool. But it is part of human life, with all the failings we humans have. Most of Christianity is a positive force in the world for our common good, Jason.
    As long as the Catholic hierarchy protects the predators, Catholicism IS a moral cesspool. There is no excuse for shuffling predators around to new parishes, shipping priests off to Europe to protect them or paying off parents to shut them up

a church is comprised of people and, of course, the priest.

I have lucked out by finding a genuinely loving group of people. That’s pretty good.

With all things I judge things on balance. Everything has its pluses and minuses. I add them up and make a decision.

This forum is an example. There are things I don’t like and things I do like. On balance, I stay.

If you can find a group of like-minded people who care about you, that’s gravy.

On the subject of kiddy-diddlers, I believe any one who hides a fiend deserves to be tortured. Slowly. Brutally. Vice grips and a blow-torch would not be out of the question.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/201...se/1379596002/

The Michigan Attorney General's Office announced Friday it has launched a statewide investigation into sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.
    Schuette trying for the ex-Catholic vote?

News flash: Wherever there’s any substantial number of priests, there’s a bunch of “bad” ones.

Schuette will try anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/201...se/1379596002/

Schuette trying for the ex-Catholic vote?

Gerald Shirilla, an athelete around 02-03 said he was abused by Shirilla at St.Lads Hamtramck. Shirilla died soon after that came out. I remember it being on the news but it didn't get much attention and was soon forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    a church is comprised of people and, of course, the priest.

I have lucked out by finding a genuinely loving group of people. That’s pretty good.

With all things I judge things on balance. Everything has its pluses and minuses. I add them up and make a decision.

This forum is an example. There are things I don’t like and things I do like. On balance, I stay.

If you can find a group of like-minded people who care about you, that’s gravy.

On the subject of kiddy-diddlers, I believe any one who hides a fiend deserves to be tortured. Slowly. Brutally. Vice grips and a blow-torch would not be out of the question.
    You need a couple of pipe weilding, hard hitting brothers like Marcellus Wallace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2