Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Outer Dr-Conant Bar

Corner bar, if memory serves I believe it is the place still standing on the corner via google street view, sw corner
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=conant...ed=0CBoQ8gEwAA

To those who knew the neighborhood well, what was the name of that place circa 1980-1984?
    Came across it by accident, and remembered I used to water there in that time frame.

Or was the bar another lot down, which is now vacant? Some of the same crowd at the time, also hung at the bar on the corner of Sunrise & 8 Mi. Rd. Or was that Sunset? Age.....it's a funny thing. :P

Going once......twice.....

Default Outer Dr-Conant Bar

I believe it was Mr.C's lounge.

I believe the bar at 8 and Sunset is Kwicky bar. It's still open.

I used to work near that intersection 1996-99 and you'd think I would remember the name during that time . You have Buddy's and right across the street used to be Club Polski's .... heading South would be the party store > vacant lot > and then the brick building is O.L. Johnson's [[where I used to work) Sorry I an't remember the name of that watering hole

Quote Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
    I believe the bar at 8 and Sunset is Kwicky bar. It's still open.
    The Kwicky Bar is in fact still open. I used to sing Karaoke there on Sunday's before I moved to New Mexico a couple of month's ago.

I'm confused. You're looking for a bar at Outer Drive and Conant, but your google map link shows the corner of McNichols and Conant.

Good point downtownguy. I didn't look at the map, I only responded to Conant/Outer Drive which was Mr.C's. I believe there was a small meat market next to it. Long time ago. I grew up not to far from there. I went to Van Zile elementary and on to Pershing.

Default Conant & Outer Drive area

I remember seeing that bar back in the 60’s when I lived in the 6 Mile & Davison area but I wasn’t 21 then so I never went in. I would past it by going to the shopping center on 8 Mile and Dequinder. We would hang out at the old A&W’s drive-in on the corner of Conant and Lantz, just south of Outer Drive. It was a happing place in the mid 60’s with all the GTO’s and big Mopars. I still have a trophy from that place, a root beer mug I took probably in 1968. One of the oldest things I still have from those crazy days.
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  25.1 KB

GUSHI Guest

Chocolate city?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
    I believe it was Mr.C's lounge.
    Beautiful, thanks. Glad I happened to see this posted again.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I'm confused. You're looking for a bar at Outer Drive and Conant, but your google map link shows the corner of McNichols and Conant.
    After a years time, I guess the link screwed up.

^^I wondered about that. Was there an earthquake on the east side I didn't hear about?

Could it have been called The Flame Showbar?