Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dearborn's LaShish

La Shish is scheduled to reopen Thurs. @ noon according to the electronic sign on top of the Parnthenon Gentleman's club.

Good. That was a tasty chain.

La Shish re-open! I SMALL A RAT! I believe that the former owner of LaShish [[ who is hiding in Lebanon) must have made a secret deal with a new owner to have the restaurant open and secretly take the profits to the former owner and to his terrorist organization. This I got to see.

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Good.
    Good? I hope they have new owners! The guy who owned it was worse than a snake!

agrahlma Guest

Al-Ameer is better! In fact…it’s the best!

Have you tried Habib's yet? Was there a few weeks ago, and it was fantastic.

agrahlma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NorthofNormal View Post
    Have you tried Habib's yet? Was there a few weeks ago, and it was fantastic.
    Haven't tried it yet - I should since my office is about a mile from there. Looks nice from the outside - I'll give it a try - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agrahlma View Post
    Al-Ameer is better! In fact…it’s the best!
    have to second that, Al-Ameer is better than LaShish.....last time I ate at Al-Ameer with a friend - we had enuf food left over for 4 more people and that's no joke - also, Ollies in Dearborn is great.

ferntruth Guest

What does any of this have to do with Detroit?

Dearborn yes, but Detroit?

I like Ollie's a lot. Very good.

agrahlma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post

Absolutely nothing!

Al-Ameer is the ultimate.

I may try them out this weekend. get something for dine-in, and carry-out..

I could be wrong but I thought it originally closed because the owner's son killed a girl in a downtown hotel. The Lashish in Westland is still closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post

Dearborn is in Detroit. Detroit is a large metropolitan area covering two countries and several counties. It is not just the area within a politial boundary. Thinking regionally is the only way to get beyond the 'us' vs. 'them' mentality that has hamstrung this region.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought it originally closed because the owner's son killed a girl in a downtown hotel. The Lashish in Westland is still closed.
    Check out the link I posted above. The murderous son is only one bad element from the family. He killed someone on the streets of East Dearborn.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Dearborn is in Detroit. Detroit is a large metropolitan area covering two countries and several counties. It is not just the area within a politial boundary. Thinking regionally is the only way to get beyond the 'us' vs. 'them' mentality that has hamstrung this region.
    Absolutely. I hate when people say things like, Im from Romeo, not Detroit when Im out of state. No Im from Detroit, I was in fact born in Detroit and raised in Detroit until age 3.

Palm Palace has a lot of the same food if my recollection of La Shish is accurate.

Can Romeo really be considered Detroit?

Yes it can.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Palm Palace has a lot of the same food if my recollection of La Shish is accurate.

Can Romeo really be considered Detroit?
    Romeo has a Ford Factory that provides parts for area factories and is surrounded by orchards that sell its produce at Eastern Market. It is located in Macomb County. My guess is yes!

Back to the original subject. Anyone been there yet? How is the Shish Tawook samich?

...the deboned [[grilled) chicken-breast w. fries and meditterranean [[bbq) wings are very good..

I don't know what the big deal is with this resturant. The origional owners where crooks, and I hear the new owners aren't that much better.

The real question is this, the place has been closed for almost 3 years now. You got new owners, new employees, what are the chances of the place being the same as before and serving the same food?

Looks to me like its a totally new resturant, and the owners are just trying to capitolize off of the old name and the previous loyal customer base.

You "heard" the new owners were not much better? Well that's a fine third hand endorsement. Anything more substantial than that?

I'm glad to see the name back and hope to try it in the next few weeks. Let's see if they can make success with it. And if not, there's plenty of worthy competition here in the Detroit area.

How close it their current menu to how the previous incarnation used to be? I don't remember seeing BBQ wings on their menu years ago.

When someone cheats and lies to you can you ever really trust them again? And as far as being different owners. Well to me the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Majority rules and when you repeatidly hear stories of being lied to and cheated you tend to remain suspicious. For people from that part of the world its normal way of life. Posers. Us gullible Americans buy into it and they laugh all the way to the bank. The prick thats still hiding out in Lebanon getting his royalty check laughs too. And no I can't prove he's getting one and you can't prove he's not so I'll stick with my opinion. Plenty of similar foods to eat without worrying the smiling faces serving it to you might have spit in it. And by that I mean supporting somone that screwed this country.

I wonder if they'll do something with the Lashish in Roseville?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast