Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Paging Cub and Jams!

Thought I would get both of you in one page!

Cub, we found ourselves over that side of the border today, so we dropped off a couple boxes and bags of empty 2 liter pop bottles on your back porch. I tried to call you but kept getting the message that you were not taking calls. I knocked on the door but no one answered. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Ohhhh, and me and Mr. Erie saw all the chicks you have now! I couldn't tell which one was Myrtle or which one was Mable! And we noticed the green onions already growing in the Garden...I was tempted!

So, JAMS - you should have plenty of bottles for the herb project.

Cub, I'm sorry we missed ya buddy - I could have used a hug or two today!

Thanks so much, Eriedearie.

I need to hook up with Cub soon anyways.

Here's a quick view of how it works:

Erie: Cub's personal cell phone was stolen on Saturday night, along with his truck, if that's the one you were calling. The truck was recovered but has some repair issues. He has a GSCC cell phone...313-452-0684. If you weren't calling that number, try him there. He was attending the IndiEdibles fundraiser when it was taken.

And thanks for dropping off the stuff! If I would have known you were coming, I would have met you down at the Garden! Hugs to you and Mr. Eriedearie!

You're welcome Jams! That herb garden fix-up there with the bottles looks awesome! Glad we could help in someway.

Now why in the world would someone do something so low-down, rotten and dirty as to steal Cub's truck?! A good soul that wants to do good things for people - I guess criminals don't discriminate! I hope the cops catch who did that.

Blue, thanks for the new number. I only had the old one, therefore, I'll make a note of the new one for use in the future. If it ever happens again that I can't get hold of Cub I will call you. I just never thought about doing that.

Aww, thanks for the hugs! Same to you and Mr. Blue

Cub, I hope you're able to get your truck repaired without too much hassle.

Cub, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Stay up, cause a man like you cannot be stopped. Recognizing.

Good thing I read this cause I almost called Cub. I liked his truck, Yet don,t look at me. If my truck was stolen them folks would get put in the nut house.

I noticed that it looked like Cub had not made it to the picnic...now I know why. Cub, wishing you the best. Let me us know if we can help out in any way.

Cub has no personal transportation? He deserves better than that. This cannot stand. A giving man like Cub needs wheels.

Think about it. Helping a man like Cub is in effect helping yourself [[the community).

Any ideas on how to assist Cub with his transportation needs?

Apologies to Cub in advance if being too intrusive.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; June-02-09 at 02:07 PM.

Cub's truck is running now...in his words "better than before". Thanks for everyone's concern!

ps: Cub is one of the forum members who is having a hard time adjusting to the the new forum format. So, he hasn't been reading here lately. Hope you don't mind my responding in his place.

Cub, I still have the 100' of hose that Blueidone paid for that Im not using if you or anyone else needs it. Its semi rigid and has the connections to hook up to a spigot. It worked great last year for watering but I dont have the garden this year.

Anyone, anyone?

Cub's truck is running now...
    Very good. Thanks.

Glad Cub got his truck running.

How are things going with the Garden? I e-mailed Cub recently and haven't heard back from him, plus I have not seen any Garden updates. Are you all doing okay?

Cman...the plants in the garden are growing nicely. Cub has been working very hard planting all three gardens without a lot of help. Thankfully, Cub's mom and a few others have helped out. Our weather is not been cooperating too well for the reading/movie nights. I was out of town this weekend, so I'm not sure if there was one or not.

I am in the process of setting up a new website using a new hosting company. I hope to have it up and running in a week or so, and then I will be able to update it regularly. Cub has been way too busy to deal with the blog lately.

We are alive and well..and hope to be a little more organized in the very near future. We appreciate your concern and interest. I will make sure that Cub gets your message.

That's great to hear, Blue. I am glad everything is going okay. I am planning to be in the city on the 11th and 12th and am looking forward to stopping by the Garden and perhaps helping out if I can.