Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Way to go, Verlander!

Justin Verlander just finished pitching a no-hitter against the Toronto Blue Jays, just missing a perfect game by giving up a single walk-- Not too shabby.

And why is the 2011 Tigers thread closed, so early in the season?

Congrats on no. 2 for Justin. Throwing 101 mph in the 8th inning! Maybe we can finally get on a bit of a roll.

Lowell was last to post on the 2011 thread. Maybe he closed it by accident?

Great game, even his 13-pitch walk was erased by a double play.

Actually, I wish there was more action on this part of DetroitYes anyway. It seems to have died it's own death.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Congrats on no. 2 for Justin. Throwing 101 mph in the 8th inning! Maybe we can finally get on a bit of a roll.

Lowell was last to post on the 2011 thread. Maybe he closed it by accident?
    I didn't see anything inflammatory on there nor was there anything objectionable that I could tell, but it should be opened back up.

I loved seeing JV toss the no-no. I was watching it from the 4th inning on and I felt as though something special was gonna happen. I was right, but admittedly I was quietly thinking perfect game.

Still damn nice to see our ace pitch so well.