Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thumbs up Rehab My Rental for Free Rent

I bought the house next door trying to "save the neighborhood". The house is located on Eastwood near 7 mile and Morang. I started demo work, removed the furnace and water heater, the toilets and sinks, boarded the rear windows, cleaned out the garage, only to realize I needed a house sitter. The house needs a plumbing redo [[old galvanized plumbing), a few window panes, painting, new doors put up, furnace hooked up, etc. There is power on, a brand new meter and the wiring is good. Water is on at the property, but you have to go to the basement to get it. Because the house is next door, I don't want just anyone living there. I prefer a quiet handy man, maybe with a pick up truck and a yappy dog, to live in the house and do the work. The house is a 2 bedrom ranch [[looks like a bungalow). This is a quiet all brick block in an average Detroit neighborhood. There is only one vacant house on the block, and it is boarded. There are no men standing in front of homes, and no children running wild outside. There is not a drug house on the block. Living arrangements until at least September 1st. I will buy all the materials. I have the deed. Im asking for 3 references, a resume, and picture ID. If you know someone who may be interested please forward this info. panthesss@hotmail.com

********SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!!!********

Dr. Emil Guest

Hi, I am very interested in something like this. I have worked in construction for 18 years, from rough carpentry, trim and finish carpentry, drywall, and have fairly extensive experience with plumbing and electrical. I have a Ford F-150 with an extended bed and a German Shepherd. Due to an impending divorce, I am looking for a new place of residence. I would be more than happy to trade hours upon hours of valuable skilled labor for free just for a chance to live rent free in dilapidated hovel with no heat, water, toilet or sinks. Since I have no future plans set in stone, it should be no problem for me to do all of this manual labor only to be evicted on September 1 and I look forward to using my vehicle and gas to make trips to Home Depot for you. I can provide my Driver's License and resume but I will probably only be able to get you two references. The third would have been my ex-wife and I don't trust her to give you a glaring recommendation. Also, I wouldn't want her spilling the beans about my fetishes anyway. Send me a PM and we can talk specifics about what exact work needs to be done, and where the exact location is. I'm excited that you are offering this mutually beneficial opportunity and would like to get started as soon as possible.

Sounds like you have the correct prescription, Dr.

Dr. Emil Guest

I forgot to mention that free use of all my tools comes with the deal. I haven't heard anything from the original poster so they must not have been too serious about it. What a shame, I was looking forward to spending hours laboring on a house only to receive what would amount to about $400/month in rent.

Wink

Thank you for the reply. I got a few emails and found a good fit for my situation! I have been very busy so I wasn't checking the blog. I did try to delete it but couldn't figure out how. Enjoy the weather while it lasts!!! You put a smile on my face tonight...

Hey Dr.,

Could extend a free room in a great house for free for negotiated labor.

Haven't been posting or reading board currently, so sorry, if a day short and a dollar late.

Several DY members have lived here in past and/or currently. Drop a note if still in need of living quarters and can talk.

Sumas

Dr. Emil Guest

Yes, I am still interested in exchanging free labor for free rent. Could you tell me what forumers have lived in your house so I can "check your references" so to speak? Is it in a safe location? I have a lot of carpentry tools and it is a priority for me to keep them safe. Thanks.

I have a pullout bed in my semi-finished basement. I am willing to trade up to a year, rent free, in exchange for a board certified plastic surgeon to augment my wifes breasteses...... Please send resume, current medical license, and pictures of past breast enlargements for verification of skills....

thanks....

bonus: you have direct access to the cement laundry tub in the basement for water....

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I have a pullout bed in my semi-finished basement. I am willing to trade up to a year, rent free, in exchange for a board certified plastic surgeon to augment my wifes breasteses...... Please send resume, current medical license, and pictures of past breast enlargements for verification of skills....

thanks....

bonus: you have direct access to the cement laundry tub in the basement for water....
    Sounds good Goose, I meet all of the above qualifications, but would have to do an extensive exam on your wife first. Just to make sure the deal is on the up and up.
    And that laundry tub has hot water right?