Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Contrails/Chemtrails on west side

Does anyone know what is going on with high flying jets leaving chemtrails or contrails in a measured east/west pattern over the west side of Detroit/Redford/Livonia? There must be 10 or more trails and they are still flying.

Air/wind conditions are just right. It's condensation.

I doubt it's condensation. This is a regular pattern and you can watch the planes flying from east to west and west to east, not taking off or landing from Metro Airport. Contrails leave a straight line from the plane, these look like clouds immediately after the tail section of the plane. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kcTvqiMNl8
    Also saw a Liberator and P-52 flying low toward Ypsilanti for whatever is going on this weekend at the Yankee Air Museum.

Quote Originally Posted by mommydearest View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with high flying jets leaving chemtrails or contrails in a measured east/west pattern over the west side of Detroit/Redford/Livonia? There must be 10 or more trails and they are still flying.
    I don't know about the west side but the ones over the east side are just plain crazy! 30,000 flights a day in this country and they had to pick on Detroit? The nerve.

Chemtrails? Are you implying that private companies under already microscopic scrutiny by the Feds/FAA are dumping chemicals while in flight? Do you have any idea how hard that would be to conceal? On the runway: "Those big tanks? None of your business, just pull that lever at 30,000, and over a large city"

As much as I like a good conspiracy, this is one of the craziest things I've read lately. It's condensation and different altitudes, different temps, air pressure and it behaves differently. It's condensation. Like steam and fog essentially the same thing. No conspiracy here, just simple science.

I enjoy the debate over "conspiracy theories" because they suggest two things.

1) People really don't trust or believe the higher-ups in our society, which could actually be a good thing!

2) They suggest the reality, but in an unreal way. The idea that a partnership of government and business would poison us daily and conspire to keep it a secret? Essentially true [[it's called "pollution"), but why fold that plain fact into an elaborate airborne scheme?

Anyway, like a lot of discussion, there's more going on beneath the surface, and it's interesting for those reasons.

Those wacky chemtrails again! I just know someone's up to something...

I never implied a "conspiracy theory" and merely posted the YouTube video to show what I was seeing. But since it was brought it up, when's the last time you saw a contrail that stopped and then started again? Whatever it is/was appears to be over for the day. What I am seeing now are flights coming in for landing at Metro from the south and the north, but nothing from the east and west. Chemical spraying? I doubt it too, but there must be some explanation for this grid pattern. Maybe it's mapping photography, weather related, who knows. It's something I've never seen before.

Easy does it. I think at some point on the chemtrails/contrails debate, you're going to have to concede that talking about it puts us in "conspiracy theory" territory. And that's not saying that so-called "conspiracy theories" are necessarily wrong.

Quote: "It's something I've never seen before."

Loss of industry, loss of polluters. Cleaner air? Correlation? Probably.

If you monitored windspeed, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure at different altitudes, you'd clearly see that our atmosphere is in layers regarding them all. Contrails stopping and starting is caused by the plane going from one layer to the next.

I used to fly RC planes and it is amazing how abrupt the changes are at different elevations. There would be times just a few thousand feet up the windspeed made controlled flight almost impossible and on the ground cigarette smoke would go straight up, not a leaf moving anywhere.

Retroit Guest

The more moisture there is in the air at a given altitude, the more likely the contrails are to be created and the more likely they are to last [[and become "chemtrails" ).

A jet engine sucks in a tremendous amount of air and, thus, moisture. It heats this moisture up to make steam, then spits it out into super-cold air, at which point it condenses into ice crystals, creating contrails [[and chemtrails ). If the air is dry at that given altitude, no contrails will be formed.

So, how is it possible that on any given day, some planes make contrails, some make chemtrails, and some make no trails? They are all traveling at different altitudes.

lilpup Guest

and have different temperature exhausts, especially comparing the Yankee Air Force contingent with modern aircraft

I wasn't comparing the vintage aircraft to the jets; I only mentioned that I saw them. And I do understand the difference between a jet engine and a prop engine and the exhaust temperatures. I still find it unusual for aircraft at that altitude to be flying a horizontal pattern only. But if you want to think I'm advocating some sort of "theory", have at it.

Do we have to go through this again so soon?

But since it was brought it up, when's the last time you saw a contrail that stopped and then started again?
    When? Last Friday. I spend half my life in the air and I see contrails stop and start frequently. Variations in air temperature or moisture content is all it takes. You know the atmosphere isn't one homogenous mass, right?

Whatever it is/was appears to be over for the day.
    It's over for the day because the contrails drifted southeast on the 70 knot winds blowing over our heads today.

What I am seeing now are flights coming in for landing at Metro from the south and the north, but nothing from the east and west .
    Flights have been landing to the south at Metro all day long because the wind at the surface is out of the south and the runways point to the south. Flights have been flying east and west over your head all day long because the mass of this country's population lives in the northeast and on the west coast. Here's a snapshot from FlightAware from a few minutes ago:

Plenty of east-west flights.

It's something I've never seen before.
    Ok, now I know you're messing with me.
    Last edited by MikeM; May-19-09 at 07:03 PM.

Ooh! The Japanese are in on it too. Last month I was flying from Tokyo to Saipan when a Japan Air Lines 747 flying to Auckland passed me on the right:

I couldn't keep up with him to get his license number:

Hey! He has four engines but only two contrails. What up wit dat?

Last edited by MikeM; May-19-09 at 07:02 PM.

I'm thinking you've been in the air way too long.

I think you're right. Maybe the chemicals in the chemtrails are affecting me.

Delta is in on it - here's one of their 757s making trails above an overcast layer, so they could be doing it on cloudy days and you'd never know it:
    Attachment 1267

So is Southwest:

Attachment 1268

On this day the government was targeting Mt Rainier:

Attachment 1269

And the Gulf of Alaska - this freighter is on short final at Anchorage. He shut off the chemicals well before landing.

Attachment 1270

Air Canada is doing it over Utah. WTF, eh?

Attachment 1271
    Last edited by MikeM; November-25-09 at 10:52 PM.

And the Germans too. Lufthansa is spraying eastern Kentucky. That might be a good thing:

Attachment 1272

This is sure to get some heads spinning; there's a 5th contrail from this four engine A340:

Attachment 1273
    Last edited by MikeM; November-25-09 at 10:52 PM.

Retroit Guest

MikeM, don't they give you guys any better ways to occupy your time up there in the cockpit besides taking pictures of other planes?

Where's gannon ????

Thank you for yet another thread that illustrates the dismal level of scientific literacy in Detroit.

For living by Metro, I see planes all the time. I also see contrails/chemtrails also. But yesterday I was even amazed, Why can I ever see the circle ones I seen posted like 6 weeks ago?

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    Why can I ever see the circle ones I seen posted like 6 weeks ago?

that was the brain melting machine, two totally different things

Gannon has been enjoying the conversation.

MikeM is such an apologist, and SO insistent that there is no such thing...that HE must be one of the conspirators, too. I knew it!

Yesterday when those lines were being drawn converging on New York, I knew some discussion would ensue. Good. More people are looking up.

Thanks for showing yet another picture with that precise X I spoke of in that Circle-formation discussion, MikeM. I have images of a series of them from my return road trip from Atlanta last month...one after another kept popping up in clear, blue sky.

There are contrails, and there are CHEMtrails. Both exist. There is NO logical explanation for the latter, excepting the government is forging ahead with their weather and population experimenting from days gone by...this is not a new program, nor is it shocking in any way for those who pay attention.

A good many folk believe this is how a few bad-minded people will try to effect the goal-set posted on the Georgia Guidestones.

Funny how so many vehemently deny the mere existence of one type of trail only BECAUSE the other exists...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

From the Wiki on the Georgia Guidesones: "The message includes references to certain themes such as "maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature", "guide reproduction wisely", "improving fitness and diversity", "prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite", and others, concluding with "be not a cancer on the earth — leave room for nature — leave room for nature."[6]"

That settles it, these jets are spraying potassium nitrate [[saltpeter). The military puts it in everyone's coffee anyway. And did you notice how it was over Livonia? City council.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; May-20-09 at 08:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast