Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

agrahlma Guest

Default Summer Events and Festivals in Detroit

Does anyone know of [[or have) a comprehensive list of festivals [[art fairs, concerts, etc.) or events taking place in Downtown Detroit this Summer. Thanks!

http://www.detroitriverfront.org/ has a bunch of info.

I know that Kathleen often keeps lists of events as well, so she might be some help, too.

Tech fest!

St. Patrick's Spring Festival - Parsons & Woodward - Sunday June 12 - benefit for the
    St. Patrick's Senior Center.

Downtown Hoedown May 13-15 - I'm not the biggest country fan in the world. But there'll be a bunch of little bunnies so I might head down.

Electric Festival at the end of May - Never been but I'll probably go with my brother.

There used to be this wonderful little street fair called, 'The Positively Fourth Street Fair', in July,
    but alas, it is no more. Perhaps with a little cajoling, or even sincere boosting, we can convince
    the residents to begin anew this historical event. That street fair, along with the 'Dally In The Alley',
    and the 'Detroit Festival Of The Arts', were the premier summer events in these parts....
    ....the Midtown, cultural area anyway. The 'Dally' being the only one left, has definitely left
    an empty space in the 'Things To Do' column.
    Good luck.

Yeah, and the loss of Tastefest in New Center really blows!

Stromberg2

Michael Hodges of The Detroit News compiled this list of upcoming summer fairs and festivals:
    http://detnews.com/article/20110512/...od--music--art

agrahlma Guest

thanks- all