Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 9th Annual DetroitYES Picnic, Sunday, May 29

C'mon, folks, it's a great time!!

Stromberg2

I'll be there... I'll bring beverages [[pop and diet pop).... Blueidone... is there something involving a "bucket and shovel" that you're bringing.....

If Sean's in town I hope he shows up.... he needs some good cheer....

And Professorscott... are you finally going to make it??

The Rock... it would be nice to meet you...

And Gnome.... if you can get away...

And Sumas and Cub and Stromberg2 and Lilpup, et al... always great talking to all of you... ops forgot Danny....

.... and of course Kathleen and hubby.... and Lowell...

Is the Bridges clan going to be there? Rare Earth?

....and Gannon and Pam and Crystal...I wanna see some people I know live around here, like Rock and French777 and Ray1936 needs to make a special trip here! Oh yeah, Zacha341, English, Detroit teacher and Sumas and Ron....woops, Cub, too! Django.....

Stromberg2

and Gannon and Pam and Crystal
    I'm pretty sure I may or may not be attending.

Gistok....hmmmm....I think I may know what you are referring to ...I'm sure I can provide some dessert! Will also bring some turkey burgers and whole wheat buns...maybe some hot dogs too.

Kathleen...if there's anything else specific, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    ....and Gannon and Pam and Crystal...I wanna see some people I know live around here, like Rock and French777 and Ray1936 needs to make a special trip here! Oh yeah, Zacha341, English, Detroit teacher and Sumas and Ron....woops, Cub, too! Django.....

Stromberg2
    Oh I can't miss this...count me IN! Kathleen, let me know how I can help and if you need anything.

See you guys then, can't wait!

Ya'll have to try my artichoke dip this time if you didnt get any last time. I tend to eat quite a bit of it before anyone else gets a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    And Professorscott... are you finally going to make it??
    I'd like to; I feel like a part of this family, but of course the chief difficulty is transportation. Your kindly old Professor rides the bus and can't walk very great distances [[long story), and our bus system no longer traverses the Island. Sad but true. If I can get one of my daughters to take me, which is definitely possible, I will be there.

In any case, I'm certainly glad some of you WANT to see me there

I bringing some cookies and old Detroit photos, too.

Djangos right, he does tend to eat his appetizers prior to serving but I will say his artichoke dip is great if you can elbow him out of the kitchen. His butter garlic pizza is great as well.

Proff, maybe could arrange a ride for you. Doubtful if we can make this picnic, family obligations blah blah.

Let me know what I can send. I love to cook and bake and really love to socialize. I want to be there but my Mom takes priority. She broke her hip and comes home Sunday. She will be completely helpless. Sorry doing a pity party thing.

Cheesecake???? Greek salad????? Steaks????? Cookies???

Still driving around with stuff for Cub and clan in the trunk.

Will do our best to twist siblings or kids arms to give us a couple of hours so that Sumas and I can attend. If not, you will feel our spirits. Figuratively and possibly literally.

You and Sumas have to make it...I didn't get to meet you at the last one you attended. You guys need a break, anyway!

Stromberg2

Can't make it next week, being 1900+ miles away. But please look at my posts on the "Detroit Connections" topic for a possible August meeting. I'm hoping.

Gas prices are probably going to keep me away again this year. Sucks because I always have lots of fun with everyone.

Hey I know that I don't post much and generally lurk, but can I come too?

All DYes'ers are welcome! Bring your own drinks and grill food...and a dish to pass...chairs for you and your guests. It will be great to meet you!

Come one, come all!!!

If you've been thinking about coming to the Picnic and haven't RSVP'd, please feel free to drop by and join us!!! The more, the merrier!! Even if you can stay only for a short time!!!!

......long beach, ca, sends some good time wishes your way......thanks again to lowell and staff for everything.....i can't make it, but maybe some local gar wood mansion types will be there to record the festivities.....

Family obligations have kept me from many assorted events in the past few years. Really felt like being at the picnic this year and called in a favor to slide out for a bit [[Mom in hospice care) so do expect to be there with some DY friends and out of town visitors and maybe a dog or two.

I would love to dazzle all with my culinary skills but can only hope to bring mundane dishes this round. Sigh!!

Looking forward to being there for a bit. Sumas

Can someone bring a chainsaw so Gannon and I can cut the tree that fell on ItsJeffs bench while were out there? We cant bring food but we can work.

Its not a big job. Biggest limb is probably 7" in diameter so it doesnt need to be a big machine.
    Last edited by Django; May-29-11 at 12:06 AM.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your hospitality, and for a great day! Was nice to meet you all.

Thanks, the Australian guy,

Rhys

Did you guys get the tree off ItsJeff's bench?

Hope everyone had a great time, and you cleared out just in time before this storm hits!

I'm gonna have to get a passport for next year

Quote Originally Posted by rhys View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your hospitality, and for a great day! Was nice to meet you all.

Thanks, the Australian guy,

Rhys
    It was nice to meet you too. Glad you had fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast