Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Django's Mother

Default Django's Mother

Not to be the bearer of bad/sad news, but Django's Mother passed away early this week. Sumas and I had the opportunity to visit her and his step-dad a couple of months ago. A very elegant and entertaining woman. I am sure she will be sorely missed by her family and friends.

Please send your condolences to our buddy, friend and fellow forumer. A dirty martini would not hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldj View Post
    Not to be the bearer of bad/sad news, but Django's Mother passed away early this week. Sumas and I had the opportunity to visit her and his step-dad a couple of months ago. A very elegant and entertaining woman. I am sure she will be sorely missed by her family and friends.

Please send your condolences to our buddy, friend and fellow forumer. A dirty martini would not hurt either.
    Will do Ron. That is really sad news. I will contact him. Thanks for letting us know.

Sorry for your loss Django.

my condolences D.

I am very sorry for our loss Django.

I am so sorry for your loss, Django. May her spirit journey be peaceful and light, and may she remain always a light in your life.

Sorry to hear this Django.

GUSHI Guest

Sorry for your loss

All I know is something like a bird within her sang,
    All I know she sang a little while and then flew on,
    Tell me all that you know, I'll show you snow and rain.

If you hear that same sweet song again, will you know why?
    Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by,
    Laugh in the sunshine, sing, cry in the dark, fly through the night.

Don't cry now, don't you cry, don't you cry anymore.
    Sleep in the stars, don't you cry, dry your eyes on the wind.

All I know is something like a bird within her sang,
    All I know she sang a little while and then flew off,
    Tell me all that you know, I'll show you snow and rain.

[[R. Hunter/J. Garcia)

So sorry for your loss, Django, hope you are carrying on.

Stromberg2

It is never easy when a parent dies. My condolences to you and your family.

I am sorry for your loss, Django.

Sorry for your loss Django.

Dr. Emil Guest

Condolences.

So sorry, DJ; my mom passed about 2.,5 weeks too; it doesn't get easier

Alsodave, what a charming poem.

jcole, sorry about your Mom. My sympathy is extended.

Django, my heartfelt sympathy goes out to you in what I know is a trying time. Forget the shadow lands and live in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    So sorry, DJ; my mom passed about 2.,5 weeks too; it doesn't get easier
    jcole - condolences to you as well. i still get the urge to pick up the phone and call mom.

Jcole...my sympathies to you as well.

As a grandmother now, I find myself constantly channeling my mother. I am constantly repeating her favorite sayings or phrases or scoldings. My mom has been gone over 10 years now. I miss her all the time. But I know she is here with me, watching over me and my family. And I know that she is in a better place.

Just want to thank you all for your thoughts. Just walked in from the Funeral. My thoughts with you also jcole.

Its amazing that its takes someones death sometimes to bring a family together again. It was wonderful to see so many old friends and family in one place.

Heres Alsodave's song by Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia. Thanks AD

Condolences. Lost my Mom four years ago at age 90, and I still miss her. It does get a little easier to bear with the passing days, though, so keep smiling, you two.

Here's a nice [[mostly) acoustic version of Birdsong, originally written as a tribute to Janis Joplin. Django, the song popped into my head the second I read about your loss. Music really can be a comfort.

Oops, for some reason I had Cold Rain and Snow in my head. Dont know what I was thinking. Thanks for straightening out my confusion Dave.
    Hope you make it to the Martini Couch at the Dally this year.

Now I know what confused me, the "snow and rain" verse, compared to cold "rain and snow"

What a beautiful song, I had no idea about the Janis connection. Makes much more sense.

Again, thank you everyone. Ya'll a bunch of big sweeties.
    Last edited by Django; May-06-11 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Crystal Palace

Please accept my [[belated) condolences. So sorry to hear about this, Django.

Sorry about your losses Django, jcole.
    I lost my Dad at 17 [[29 now). It does get easier jcole, with time. When that time comes, the thoughts of good times shared won't fill you with sadness and loss, but with memories that will bring a smile to your face everytime.

I hope that makes sense.

Sorry about your loss Django. It has been 31 years since I lost my dad, and 22 years since I lost my mom. I think of them every day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast