Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dequindre Cut

Default Dequindre Cut

Does anyone have any info as to why the Dequindre Cut is closed from Woodrige to Gratiot?

Could it be that they are expanding it up to the Eastern Market? I hope so.

That would not close down the strip. Construction would simply began where it stops at and there is already a gate there. I hope that they didn't decide until the weather break to repair the bridge. Lord knows that it may take the whole summer to do that one

i wish they add trolleys on the other side of the Cut

That was in the original plan but the planners had later decided against it

thats stupid

This city needs to fill in as much blanks as possible

Does anyone else knows why the dequindre cut is close. A group of us want to take a walk of the entire riverwalk including the cut. including the Cut this weekend. The Riverfront conservancy website is not reporting the closing

A section of the fence is missing near Cherboneau.

I think a better use for the trolleys would be along the Riverwalk. Down in the Dequindre Cut no one can see them... and you can't see much from them....

Gistok....thst a great idea, as I couldn't agree more with ya!

One other question about the Dequindre Cut.... have the supporting structure of the bridge overpasses remained grafitti free? If not, I wouldn't mind letting the CCS students do some artwork to cover up some of the grafitti.... even that CCS guy [[the paint splattering photographer)... some of his work was very interesting... just in the wrong places!

Did they remove bridges during construction of the Dequindre Cut?

I attended St. Josephs church often as a child, and recently returned to their Easter mass. The church is almost impossible to access, and the direct bridge into the parking lot no longer exists.

Why would they remove the bridges? This church, which is really struggling, is now totally isolated.

I would say, however, that the Dequindre Cut looks pretty good. I'll definitely try it.

forget trolleys, i wanna see gondolas like the jersey shore

drippyhollows Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    One other question about the Dequindre Cut.... have the supporting structure of the bridge overpasses remained grafitti free? If not, I wouldn't mind letting the CCS students do some artwork to cover up some of the grafitti.... even that CCS guy [[the paint splattering photographer)... some of his work was very interesting... just in the wrong places!
    if you have something against graffiti how about staying out of the cut? More than 15 years young people put in work down there without problems. That space isn't for CCS students. They got canvases for those types of people. Dequindre cut doesn't need your suggestions and in other words. ufck outta here with that isht.

Quote Originally Posted by drippyhollows View Post
    if you have something against graffiti how about staying out of the cut? More than 15 years young people put in work down there without problems. That space isn't for CCS students. They got canvases for those types of people. Dequindre cut doesn't need your suggestions and in other words. ufck outta here with that isht.

Ummm... I wouldn't have asked had I actually been there.... now would I???

Also, since you're a Newbie on this forum.... the majority of the folks on this forum HATE grafitti WHEREVER it is posted.... in fact grafitti is NOT considered an art form as you seem to think... most forumers think it is a CRIME, and the perpertrators should be punished.... that is all...

This thread might bring you up to speed on how DYES Forumers think about grafitti... even if it's from CCS students....

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...inting-Detroit

Umm... I LOVE the Dequindre Cut, and for once, I like the Graffiti!!!
    I thought, on my first visit to 'The Cut'...that the urban look of the graffiti
    was a very nice contrast to the perfected environmental surroundings of the
    trees and plant matter. It [[the graffiti) lends a less gentrified air to the space,
    allowing, in my opinion, a feeling of belonging to remain, which kinda was lost
    when the planners came in and tried to, again, perfect the space.
    Sometimes when planners and powerful people try to pretty things up...they
    actually ruin a lot of what makes it charming in the first place.
    I agree that CCS has plenty of other spaces they could invade/create....
    other than space already being created upon. I'm sure the artists/students
    would agree. So please don't push this on the decision makers and make this
    idea of yours a classroom requirement. Thank you.
    PS.
    Drippyhollows, Jesus, ever hear of diplomacy? Why jump immediately on that
    vehement anger train. It's a FORUM !!! You know, where people discuss things.
    I realize you may be a part of this, and maybe consider it 'your baby', but........
    I think there is enough people who actually LOVE the Dequindre Cut just the way
    it is. I vote, "NO CCS TAKEOVER". There, all better.
    But PLEASE !!! Can we just finish the thing already??????

drippyhollows Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gistok View Post
    ummm... I wouldn't have asked had i actually been there.... Now would i???

Also, since you're a newbie on this forum.... The majority of the folks on this forum hate grafitti wherever it is posted.... In fact grafitti is not considered an art form as you seem to think... Most forumers think it is a crime, and the perpertrators should be punished.... That is all...

this thread might bring you up to speed on how dyes forumers think about grafitti... Even if it's from ccs students....

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...inting-detroit
    ahahahahahha
    umad?

drippyhollows Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFreddy View Post
    Drippyhollows, Jesus, ever hear of diplomacy? Why jump immediately on that
    vehement anger train. It's a FORUM !!!
    no worries. Not trying to troll the forum.

I still didn't find out why the Cut is closed. A memo should be put on the riverfront conservancy website explaining why the cut and other parts of the riverfront is close or will be close. I dont want this forum to be one that someone is venting their anger on. Come on! Let's treat each other as we would if we were face to face at a discuss detroit gathering.

ahahahahahha
    umad?
    No... we all have our moments....

But if any of that artwork is yours... whatever you do... don't boast about it here.... you'll get shredded faster than in a meat grinder.... LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I still didn't find out why the Cut is closed. A memo should be put on the riverfront conservancy website explaining why the cut and other parts of the riverfront is close or will be close. I dont want this forum to be one that someone is venting their anger on. Come on! Let's treat each other as we would if we were face to face at a discuss detroit gathering.
    I believe May 29th 2011 Belle Isle Park is what you're looking for. See: DYES Forum picknic.
    See you there!!!

For the record I like graffiti, not fond of simple taggers but do enjoy much of the thought out works of graffiti. I dont want it on buildings that are being used or taken care of or anywhere else that it doesnt naturally fit in but there are a lot of good places in Detroit where I feel it should be accepted and I also call it art. For the record.

I believe the Dequindre Cut spray paint work was commissioned and is not in fact graffit.
    Can anyone speak to that.

I am okay with having commissioned artwork whether or not it perfectly aligns with my personal tastes.
    Vandalism on the other hand should not be condoned.

They are permitted to paint on the cement stanchions and underbridge areas but not on anything else [[benches, fences, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    I believe the Dequindre Cut spray paint work was commissioned and is not in fact graffit.
    Can anyone speak to that.

I am okay with having commissioned artwork whether or not it perfectly aligns with my personal tastes.
    Vandalism on the other hand should not be condoned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast