Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

PGN, we are doing something in August or so when Ray1936 arrives.

Stromberg2

Let me add our thanks to Kathleen and Dave for hosting such a great picnic. Thanks everyone for making my grandson, Lucas "the mohawk" a part of the party. He had a grand time! It is so great to talk with everyone and listen to the various life stories and knowledge everyone has.

We look forward to whatever get together we plan for Ray in the fall...and to the next picnic of course!

In case we don't see each other for a while...have a great summer everyone!

Thanks everyone, I had a great time.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    Thanks everyone, I had a great time.
    Yes, so did I..

Thanks to all who came out and made this year's picnic another successful DYes gathering!!!
    And welcome to all first-time attendees...we enjoyed meeting you!!!
    Roq
    Gannon and Christine
    Blueidone and Don and Lucas
    Pam and Ann
    Sumas and Ronaldj
    Django
    Rhys
    Queek and friend
    Gazwekhe and Gazwekhini
    Lowell and Susan
    A100driver
    Cooper
    Cub and Anthony
    English
    Danny
    Stromberg2
    Majohnson
    Zacha341
    DetroitPride313
    erikd

Vox: I don't think we met???

If I missed anyone, please let me know.

Thanks to those who helped set up and tear down the picnic.

Thanks to all who brought special dishes to pass...they were all yummy!!!

Thanks also to those who sent long-distance greetings!! Hope to see you at a future DYes gathering!!
    Last edited by Kathleen; May-30-11 at 09:44 AM.

Bummer... I picked up some kind of food poisoning Saturday night... and was in bed all day Sunday [[until 4PM)... not fun... especially missing out on Blueidone's famous Sand Pail Pudding...

Gistok: You were missed by many!!! Although you must have felt awful, glad to know that it wasn't too serious and that you are feeling better.

And, yes, the Sand Pail Pudding was delish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Bummer... I picked up some kind of food poisoning Saturday night... and was in bed all day Sunday [[until 4PM)... not fun... especially missing out on Blueidone's famous Sand Pail Pudding...
    Hope you are feeling better. We were looking for you yesterday.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Thanks to all who came out and made this year's picnic another successful DYes gathering!!!
    And welcome to all first-time attendees...we enjoyed meeting you!!!
    Roq
    Gannon and Christine
    Blueidone and Don and Lucas
    Pam and Ann
    Sumas and Ronaldj
    Django
    Rhys
    Queek and friend
    Gazwekhe and Gazwekhini
    Lowell and Susan
    A100driver
    Cooper
    Cub and Anthony
    English
    Danny
    Stromberg2
    Majohnson
    Zacha341
    DetroitPride313
    erikd

Vox: I don't think we met???

Thanks to those who helped set up and tear down the picnic.

Thanks to all who brought special dishes to pass...they were all yummy!!!

Thanks also to those who sent long-distance greetings!! Hope to see you at a future DYes gathering!!
    Just kidding, Kathleen.

Absolutely was a great time! I enjoyed meeting everyone. I'm very glad I decided to join you all. You are a great bunch of people and I hope to see more of you at more gatherings.
    Gannon- I hope that you are able to finish that "automotive job" that you want to do.
    Sumas- Yes, I will be posting more. I won't lurk as much anymore.
    English- I still think the fee is a good idea, and I enjoyed our discussion.
    Kathleen-Thanks for setting this up.\
    Lowell- A pleasure to meet you. Glad you set up this site.
    Danny- Your knowledge of the buildings of the city....wow!
    Blueeidone-Sand pail pudding....what else can be said?

Thanks again everyone. What an awesome time.

Tim [[a100 driver)

Who was the guy with no hair who walked up and talked to one person and left?

LOL, that would've been the notorious Funkster. I caught hell for not being there through Facebook, he went down to catch Matt and me at ItsJeff's bench...but apparently we Keystone Copped around the island and he missed us.

Who ever heard of an electric chainsaw?! Heck, most times you need one the power is out.

I still cannot believe we missed that weather, the whole .......... my Livonia Friend was so freaked about split up and totally went around Wayne County. it was a good thing, as I was driving off the island I noticed one party had one of those inflatable bouncy rooms...that would've been toast.

A great time was had by all, as far as I could tell. I really treasure the interactions, it was absolutely great to finally meet Qweek [[whom I've crossed paths with on another on-line forum)...and English [[who has a great idea of a regular biking group around the island, and motivated me to freshen up the old Cannondale...I hadn't ridden since the LAST summer of >$4 gasoline, and the chain was actually seized and rusted...I thank the magicians at Slick50 for their spray lubricant)...the fun discussions with A100driver [[I'll be sending our Jake&Elwood pictures along at some point)...and finally, the high point of my day, meeting the grand storyteller and historian herself...Gazhekwe [[sorry I didn't spend enough quality time with you, darlin', people kept showing up and distracting me).

I'm so happy that Rhys was able to be here from halfway around the world...it is a testimony again of the power and reach of Lowell's forum that he was able to connect and have such a personal experience within the city we all love. What a cool cat, and a sound guy too!

MANY thanks once again to Kathleen and David for everything, you two are simply amazing. Maybe one day you'll figure out how to work the new technology, Kathleen, and post the incriminating photos. Only casualty was the softball, right?! I never even brought out those darn frisbees.

SO, let's start praying NOW for much better weather for when Ray1936 comes to town.

Cheers all, thanks for being...and for being so totally YOU. Nobody does it better.

Sincerely,
    John

Does anyone know why the word s-t-o-r-m-f-r-o-n-t is autoeliminated in the software?! Seems kinda silly.

good to see your first post in a while G, ... the neo-nazis have kind of stolen that s.t.o.r.m.f.r.o.n.t. collection of letters. I assume Lowell is afraid the forum will become an on-line gathering place for digital problem solving in a skinhead sort of way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3