Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 9th Annual DetroitYES Picnic, Sunday, May 29

Picnic, anyone?

The 9th Annual DetroitYES Picnic takes place on Sunday, May 29.

Starts at 12 noon and runs until late afternoon or early evening. We will gather on Belle Isle, just south and east of the Shadynook Picnic Pavilion along Loiter Way across from the Flynn Skating Pavilion.

Dave and I are happy to coordinate the picnic once again. We bring a grill, some chairs and tables,as well as picnicware [[plates, napkins, plasticware, and cups). Everyone brings their own chairs, beverages, and meat or other grill item, plus a dish to pass and a dessert or munchies.

Please help us plan for this event by responding to this thread and letting us know that you are interested in attending, how many are in your party, and what dish you plan to bring to pass.

If you have never attended a DYes gathering, the picnic is a great way to meet and make new friends. Please join us!!

If you have questions, please post or PM me.

Thanks!!

Kathleen

Count me and hubby in for sure!! Can't wait!

I'll try to come! WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET! #174 Danny

I'm there! Lowell, can you please cross post this the the Discuss Detroit page? We got to have a very large gathering this year!

Stromberg2

I wish I was close enough to show up. Hope y'all have fun!

Will try to show up. Have attended in past and enjoyed myself immensely. As always if I can't come to a DY related event will send food via emmissary. Give the word, dessert or salad.

Sounds lame but serious family obligations always seem to interfer. Still have donations for Cubs garden in my car's trunk but can't seem to get there either.

Mea Culpa

I'm curious, but...How often has a food fight erupted over the topic debates?

The trolls usually don't show up. It's easier to hide behind a keyboard.

Stromberg2

I think I'd enjoy putting a face on some of these monikers found here.
    I'll probably be quite surprised at genders as well as personal similarities.
    Often times, being able to respond vehemently to any given subject, whilst in the relative safety,
    and anonymity of our homes, is a little different than looking our adversaries straight in the eyes.
    I just want to say, "No hard feelings"...in case any of you are handy with, or predisposed to weaponry.
    ...See you there.

I'm going just to see Gistok roll up in that Neon with the gold-plated insurance. Bet he's fitted that thing with 21" spinners and a set of woofers that can rattle your truck nutz.

YES! This will be my first DYes picnic -- finally! -- in 8 years of being on the forums. I came to a few of the Thursday pub gatherings back in '03-'04, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of the newer folks.

I'll have to give the number of people in my party as we get closer to the date. I'm happy to make either a dessert or a side [[I'm famous for my baked mac n' cheese and my redskin potato salads). Let me know what your preference is.

I'll be there. My cooking abilities are, well, limited. However, if there's something that I can pick up and bring, please let me know.

I'm e-mailing theCarl....we need some of his delicious brats!!!

This the annual "wish I could be there" post. Will look forward to the pictures. Would love to come back for a visit, if only to see the it'sjeff bench in person.

I'll be there, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'll try to come! WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET! #174 Danny
    Yes Danny, I hope to see you again this year

We're looking forward to it! Me, spouse, Mom, both brothers and their spouses, Mary H, Leader Dog puppy Lakota. That's eight humans and one canine. I will post later about what dishes we will bring.

I plan on attending. I'll bring some sushi/seaweed salad/shrimp coctail...

I'm there!!!

YES! This will be my first DYes picnic -- finally! -- in 8 years of being on the forums
    Any other oldtimers coming? Ravine? Gazhekwe? Detroit Stylin'? Detroitnerd?

OK, I'm all set... my oldest daughter will take the day off work and come with me. It will be a pleasure to finally be able to associate faces with bloggers.

I'm not yet sure what I'll bring but I'll make sure it's something yummy and probably not too healthy

Prof. Scott

I'm leaning that way, and will be there if possible. Baked beans is my family specialty.

Looks like we will have a good turnout!! And some new faces!!!

Please be sure to bring chairs, beverages, and meat or other grill item [[for your group), plus a dish to pass and munchies or dessert.

As the date gets closer, please post the number in your group so that we can be sure to have enough plates, plasticware, cups, etc.

Keep those RSVPs coming!!!

I will miss the picnic - and Gistok's 21" spinners on d'neon - this year. I am making a presentation at the National Cemetery at Fort Custer at the same time you all will be prying Cubs face out of the sandpail pudding trough.

And just because you haven't seen this lately:

Cheers

oh yeah, could someone volunteer to give Danny a ride home after the picnic concludes? I've done it for the last few years, but other duties call me away, ... it isn't that far away and Danny is a very good passenger.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast