Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Well I work for the state/fed and we just got our public service email regarding the sit - u - ation.

I know this brings a type of closure to all the events surrounding 9/11 and it should but I just can't help feeling like I want to jump up from my office cubicle and start singing a Glee version of:

Munchkins
    • Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
    • Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
    • Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
    • Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
    • Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
    • Let them know
    • The Wicked Witch is dead!
    • Mayor
    • As Mayor of the Munchkin City, In the County of the Land of Oz, I welcome you most regally.
    • Barrister
    • But we've got to verify it legally, to see
    • Mayor
    • To see?
    • Barrister
    • If she
    • Mayor
    • If she?
    • Barrister
    • Is morally, ethic'lly
    • Father No.1
    • Spiritually, physically
    • Father No. 2
    • Positively, absolutely
    • Munchkins
    • Undeniably and reliably Dead
    • Coroner
    • As Coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined her.
    And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead.
    • Mayor
    • Then this is a day of Independence For all the Munchkins and their descendants
    • Barrister
    • If any.
    • Mayor
    • Yes, let the joyous news be spread The wicked Old Witch at last is dead!

I'm awful proud of you kids for only having 2 kneejerk reacting Partisan post flamers on page 1.
    I expected more.

The world is better off without Osama Bin Ladin.
    Obama did good in the Libya speech, and did good here.
    Credit where credit is due.

And criticism where it is due.

Plus, this good news totally takes our minds off of babykilling.
    http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/04/30-4
    Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi survived a NATO airstrike on Saturday night that killed his youngest son Saif al-Arab and three of his grandchildren...

...Mussa Ibrahim said Saif al-Arab was a civilian and a student who had studied in Germany. He was 29 years old

The conspiracy theorists will be all over this.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Congratulations. You and Meddle now are the first instances of the next phase of insanity in the USA.

Deathers.

You should be proud.
    Deathers??

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I think Obama was sitting on this waiting for the right moment to launch this. Someone had to get that royal wedding of of every channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Deathers??

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Let me bring you up to speed.... I think he means that "Birthers" were demanding proof of Obama's Birth.... "Deathers" are demanding proof of Osama's Death.....

I think it was because they wanted to honor the tradition of burying him in less than 24 hours... besides he is most likely meeting 72 sharks at this point.

What reaaaally happened!!

What reaaaally happened!!

We'll never know.

Now we have to worry about reprisals. Will they try to kill our president? Or maybe someone more important like the Donald.

Props to the Decider-in-Chief and the Navy SEALS who executed this dangerous mission!

For the first time, I am really proud of our current President.

Obama's next directive should be for our JSOC to take out that terrorist hiding in Tripoli, about whom he said too long ago "has lost the legitimacy to lead".

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Obama's next directive should be for our JSOC to take out that terrorist hiding in Tripoli, about whom he said too long ago "has lost the legitimacy to lead".
    Hmm...and then take out the terrorists in Beijing who gunned down their civilians in Tiananmen Square?

No. Time to bring our troops home, shut down 2/3 of the carrier fleets and the 800+ worldwide military bases. Time to rebuild our school, sewers, roads, industries and Detroits.

lilpup Guest

don't need special forces for that - the jerk in Tripoli is too stupid and too egotistical to rival bin Laden plus he doesn't have someone like Bush protecting him for damned near a decade

I think its past time to give the President and his office the respect he deserves. We get on the board and hammer him on his policies and thats fair game, I get that. Over time we will continue to have those discussions and thats good. However the disrespect such as the monkey pictures, the birther issue, the educational background, the you lie statement etc, etc. is unfitting and disrespectful of the office.

Just this past week he made two decisions which shows he puts the well being of this country above getting re-elected. One the release of the BC when he could have milked it longer. The mainstream Repubs were actually relieved when Obama released the BC since even they knew it was getting out of hand.

Secondly Obama put his presidency on the line and his re-election by green-lighting the Navy Seal mission. If that mission had failed like Carter's the Repubs would have been all over him, spinning it all kinds of ways. Obama could have taken the easy way out and bombed the complex using the drones like his military advisors wanted him to. They would have been able to find [[create) enough proof to show the american people that he was dead.

He knew that wasn't enough and he took the far more riskier option for both his career and US lifes. but it was the one that needed to be taken. Like the pirate hostage situation it worked out well.

I just hope this ends the side show issues that demean the man and the office.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I think its past time to give the President and his office the respect he deserves. We get on the board and hammer him on his policies and thats fair game, I get that. Over time we will continue to have those discussions and thats good. However the disrespect such as the monkey pictures, the birther issue, the educational background, the you lie statement etc, etc. is unfitting and disrespectful of the office.

Just this past week he made two decisions which shows he puts the well being of this country above getting re-elected. One the release of the BC when he could have milked it longer. The mainstream Repubs were actually relieved when Obama released the BC since even they knew it was getting out of hand.

Secondly Obama put his presidency on the line and his re-election by green-lighting the Navy Seal mission. If that mission had failed like Carter's the Repubs would have been all over him, spinning it all kinds of ways. Obama could have taken the easy way out and bombed the complex using the drones like his military advisors wanted him to. They would have been able to find [[create) enough proof to show the american people that he was dead.

He knew that wasn't enough and he took the far more riskier option for both his career and US lifes. but it was the one that needed to be taken. Like the pirate hostage situation it worked out well.

I just hope this ends the side show issues that demean the man and the office.
    The President disrespected the people of the US by hiding his birth certificate and continuing to hide his educational records. He brought that episode upon himself. He has repeatedly lied. I think you have it backwards. It is President Obama who is unfit for office. Kucinich claims Obama's adventure in Libya is an impeachable offense.

The dollar is collapsing causing gas prices to skyrocket, the deficit and national debt have increased by trillion$ under Obama and yet the unemployment remains unacceptably high.

You omit the fact that the day before successfully killing Bin Laden, 'NATO" attempted to kill Gaddafi but only managed to kill three of his grandsons in the latest episode of Obama's unconstitutional war on the Libyan government which his staff assured us would last 'days, not weeks'. His administration has also stated that there were to be no attempts to kill Gaddafi. That's two lies right there.

However, If everything told us by the government and CNN is true then President Obama should be credited with overseeing the successful disposal of Bin Laden. President Obama had an excellent day and deserves some credit for his role in the capture.

I wish the left had pursued W's AWOL from the air national guard as doggedly as those nuts pursued the birth certificate business.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    I wish the left had pursued W's AWOL from the air national guard as doggedly as those nuts pursued the birth certificate business.
    Or how he ended up in the National Guard in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The President disrespected the people of the US by hiding his birth certificate and continuing to hide his educational records. He brought that episode upon himself. He has repeatedly lied. I think you have it backwards. It is President Obama who is unfit for office. .
    The president was properly vetted as with every other candidate. The short form BC from his home state carried the same legal weight as the long form BC.President Obama is under no legal obligation to release either his long form BC or his academic records so that people can verify what grade he got in Econ 101. Please provide proof that he lied.

President Obama is not only fit for office, he along with Bill Clinton is one of the most academically accomplished Presidents we have had in modern times.

Kucinich claims Obama's adventure in Libya is an impeachable offense..
    Mr Kucinich statement taken in its proper context.

"And I'm raising the question as to whether or not it's an impeachable offense. It would appear on its face to be an impeachable offense," Kucinich said. "Now, it doesn't necessarily follow that simply because a president has committed an impeachable offense, that the process should start to impeach and remove him. That's a whole separate question. But we have to clearly understand what this Constitution is about."

The WH point is
    Legal experts dispute the view that Obama acted outside his constitutional authority.
    The White House argues that the intervention, waged alongside the U.K. and France, was necessary to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe in Libya as Muammar Gaddafi uses lethal force against protesters seeking his ouster.

BTW: Mr Kucinich wanted to impeach Bush for pretty much the same reasons

The dollar is collapsing causing gas prices to skyrocket, the deficit and national debt have increased by trillion$ under Obama and yet the unemployment remains unacceptably high.
    Please provide more understanding to me that the dollar is the only reason why gas prices are going up. I always thought there were other reasons at play as well.

You omit the fact that the day before successfully killing Bin Laden, 'NATO" attempted to kill Gaddafi but only managed to kill three of his grandsons in the latest episode of Obama's unconstitutional war on the Libyan government which his staff assured us would last 'days, not weeks'. His administration has also stated that there were to be no attempts to kill Gaddafi. That's two lies right there.
    Don't attribute the actions of NATO as solely an Obama operation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel..._b_844663.html

The job of assuring that our energy markets are fair actually falls not upon the FTC but upon the Commodity Futures Trading Commission [[CFTC), but it's had little success to date at curbing oil speculation and slowing this latest run-up in price...

He has repeatedly lied.

Oladub, you have truly flipped out. The President was born in Hawaiii. Both the regular and the long form BC show that. Where are the lies?

from the same article I cited....

As the CFTC has proposed new rules, they've been met by a who's who of derivative traders and their advocates arguing for the status quo and urging caution, including PIMCO, BlackRock, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, the Futures Industry Association [[FIA) and the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association [[SIFMA) -- to name only a few....

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel..._b_844663.html

The job of assuring that our energy markets are fair actually falls not upon the FTC but upon the Commodity Futures Trading Commission [[CFTC), but it's had little success to date at curbing oil speculation and slowing this latest run-up in price...
    Thank you, thats what I was getting at.

Ding dong the wicked man is dead!

The President disrespected the people of the US by hiding his birth certificate and continuing to hide his educational records. He brought that episode upon himself. He has repeatedly lied.
    oooohhh, i thought it was the guy with the comb-over.

firstandten: The president was properly vetted as with every other candidate. The short form BC from his home state carried the same legal weight as the long form BC.President Obama is under no legal obligation to release either his long form BC or his academic records so that people can verify what grade he got in Econ 101. Please provide proof that he lied. President Obama is not only fit for office, he along with Bill Clinton is one of the most academically accomplished Presidents we have had in modern times.
    You are correct. Obama had no legal obligation to be transparent. He had every right to be as arrogant and nontransparent as legally possible. He promised to be transparent though. As President, Obama has proven himself to be generally inept whether the measure is employment, national debt, national deficit, upholding the value of the dollar, forclosure rates, ending rather than expanding expensive wars, or maintaining our standard of living. It's his record that has proven him unfit for office. The same could be said of Bush. Both had Ivy League degrees. So what?

Mr Kucinich statement taken in its proper context.

"And I'm raising the question as to whether or not it's an impeachable offense. It would appear on its face to be an impeachable offense," Kucinich said."Now, it doesn't necessarily follow that simply because a president has committed an impeachable offense, that the process should start to impeach and remove him. That's a whole separate question. But we have to clearly understand what this Constitution is about."

The WH point is
    Legal experts dispute the view that Obama acted outside his constitutional authority.
    The White House argues that the intervention, waged alongside the U.K. and France, was necessary to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe in Libya as Muammar Gaddafi uses lethal force against protesters seeking his ouster.

BTW: Mr Kucinich wanted to impeach Bush for pretty much the same reasons
    They should both have been impeached. All I wrote was, "Kucinich claims Obama's adventure in Libya is an impeachable offense." Thank you for making my point. Dropping bombs on a sovereign nation is an act of war no matter how much lipstick the administration puts on the pig. Our bombs kill people for humanitarian reasons?

Please provide more understanding to me that the dollar is the only reason why gas prices are going up. I always thought there were other reasons at play as well.
    I didn't say it was the only reason but it is a significant reason. Measured against a basket of currencies the US dollar has declined from 86 to 73 since July. That, by itself, reduces the dollar's spending power by 15%. An $85 barrel of oil now costs us $100 just on the basis of a weaker dollar caused by expanding liquidity and monetizing the debt. it didn't work so well in Zimbabwe or the Weimar Republic either.

Don't attribute the actions of NATO as solely an Obama operation

Without the Community Organizer in Chief, NATO would not be involved. It shouldn't matter though because only Congress can declare wars. I don't care what Obama's 'legal experts' say. The Constitution is explicit. Congress declares wars; not the President.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast