Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dbpix View Post
    We still have to Islamic radicals out there who will do anything possible to destroy the US.
    yes, the State Department has issued a worldwide alert for US citizens in anticipation of a response from OBL's allies

Default osamas dead!

Why is there no special report on network tv?

Watch the celebration live here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...795,b=facebook

Still going on at almost 3am.
    Last edited by Django; May-02-11 at 01:53 AM. Reason: five o clock

Anyway, can we get the hell out of A-stan now?
    Until that happens, I won't be celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    finding the over the top celebratory reactions to OBL death offputting - like crowd delirium when Lions win - mark of losers, not champions

job's done, move on, there's more to do
    I cringe when I see news clips of throngs of people waving American flags and cheering. The last thing we need is to have people in the ME viewing this on an endless loop. Go home and shut up.

I thought the man died five years ago. Good he is gone now, so can't pop up and issue taunts and threats and we can stop obsessing about him. It is reported he was buried at sea. That was quick.

They have his body.

He's dead and we have his body to prove it.

they have his carcass

No they don't. Reports are that they dumped it in the ocean somewhere. If they ever had it.

Some will claim there is no proof.

Of course they have his DNA, Meddle. I'm sure they have plenty of Pix and all kinds of evidence.

A senior administration official told ABC the United States is "ensuring [bin Laden's body] is handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition. It's something we take seriously and therefore it's being handled in an appropriate manner."

The New York Times reported he was buried at sea but provided no details.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/...0871304312101/

I'm sure they have plenty of Pix and all kinds of evidence.
    Pictures, evidence and witness statements can be altered. Ask anyone who is in prison, falsely convicted on bad evidence.

No Special Report? All the major networks were broadcasting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYpkvcmog0

and this didn't happen just once. fox news had several "slip ups" "H"eraldo and several other nitwits did the same.

I saw it all in my crystal ball. The Osama bin Laden is DEAD!

Buy American Guest

Last night the news reported that this operation took place last month and the US kept it silent until now. This morning they are saying it took place Sunday, they shot him in the head twice, showed grainy videos of blood on the floor of some place in Pakistan and have matched his DNA with his sisters to assure everyone it's actually him [[doesn't DNA take quite a long time to determine) and buried him at sea according to Islamic Law.

Seems to me a lot went on in a 48 hour period. Why did they bury him at sea "according to Islamic Law"? Did he care about the thousands of Americans he slaughtered in New York, Washington, DC and a corn field in Pennsylvania?

As an American, I would have wanted to see his body. Two shots to the head would have made it next to impossible to recognize him. I have some questions.
    Last edited by Buy American; May-02-11 at 07:51 AM.

Burial at sea assures that his gravesite cannot become an important site for Al Quaeda. Treating his remains with respect removes an aggravating element for those looking for reasons to attack Americans.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Last night the news reported that this operation took place last month and the US kept it silent until now. This morning they are saying it took place Sunday, they shot him in the head twice, showed grainy videos of blood on the floor of some place in Pakistan and have matched his DNA with his sisters to assure everyone it's actually him [[doesn't DNA take quite a long time to determine) and buried him at sea according to Islamic Law.

Seems to me a lot went on in a 48 hour period. Why did they bury him at sea "according to Islamic Law"? Did he care about the thousands of Americans he slaughtered in New York, Washington, DC and a corn field in Pennsylvania?

As an American, I would have wanted to see his body. Two shots to the head would have made it next to impossible to recognize him. I have some questions.
    Congratulations. You and Meddle now are the first instances of the next phase of insanity in the USA.

Deathers.

You should be proud.

Chop that head off , make a trophy out of it.

Vox Guest

19. Default

Can you imagine the howling had the mission to capture/kill Bin Laden had failed like the Iranian hostage rescue attempt? http://bit.ly/jzizpj

Obama gambled his Presidency on that call. He may still be if a terrorist backlash response to Bin Laden's killing could lead to a 911 equivalent attack.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Can you imagine the howling had the mission to capture/kill Bin Laden had failed like the Iranian hostage rescue attempt? http://bit.ly/jzizpj

Obama gambled his Presidency on that call. He may still be if a terrorist backlash response to Bin Laden's killing could lead to a 911 equivalent attack.
    Well it's telling that we haven't had that attack since 9/11 when he was ALIVE, much less leaving it to his stooges. I'm more confident in our security now than the other day. If his presidency rides on an outside attack, then that just speaks volumes on what kind of idiots we are.

It sure didn't influence Bush's reelection chances, did it?

Pakistan confirms: http://en.rian.ru/world/20110502/163820038.html

Al Quaeda in the Arabian Peninsula confirms: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...sama-bin-Laden

This one is graphic, don't look unless you must see the body: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UORyMzNQ8MA
    Last edited by gazhekwe; May-02-11 at 10:16 AM.

I'm afraid this doesn't change anything regarding our relations with the ME.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/05/02-2

"...The disease of empire, according to Thucydides, would finally kill Athenian democracy. And the disease of empire, the disease of nationalism … these of course are mirrored in the anarchic violence of these groups, but one that locks us in a kind of frightening death spiral..."

And Republicans ask for bin Laden's birth certificate.

Don't have a problem with taking this fool out, however, the chest thumping would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. The truth is this fellow is the straw in the drink behind the economic collapse we've been experiencing. Two and half wars, billions of dollars gone, Chinese owning our future, ...

The flag waving, fist pumping, we're number oneing ... smacks of celebrating the tackling of a running back after he scores the winning touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Don't have a problem with taking this fool out, however, the chest thumping would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. The truth is this fellow is the straw in the drink behind the economic collapse we've been experiencing. Two and half wars, billions of dollars gone, Chinese owning our future, ...

The flag waving, fist pumping, we're number oneing ... smacks of celebrating the tackling of a running back after he scores the winning touchdown.
    Spot on Gnome... sadly on top of the 3,000 that died on 9/11... we lost another 4,000, [[plus 10s of thousands with long term injuries that we will be paying for for decades) mostly in one war that was unrelated to our original goal of taking him out... not exactly something we should be gloating about right now...

... but yes he's gone, mercifully.... but now we have to wait for the repercussions. As one of the news folks said last night... it's not just Al-Qaida we have to worry about, but all the lone sympathizers here in the USA that could take their revenge out on a smaller scale...

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Well it's telling that we haven't had that attack since 9/11 when he was ALIVE, much less leaving it to his stooges. I'm more confident in our security now than the other day. If his presidency rides on an outside attack, then that just speaks volumes on what kind of idiots we are.

It sure didn't influence Bush's reelection chances, did it?
    Many folks say the failed Iranian hostage mission was the single most reason Carter lost to Reagan. Carters numbers literally tanked as a result as most folks thought Carter was on his way to being re-elected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast