Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Thanks to help from Pakistan, US forces raided his mansion in Pakistan and shot him in the head. They have his body.
    Last edited by 313WX; May-01-11 at 11:17 PM.

Default Bin Laden never to vist Detroit, [[shoehorn)

I would rather have seen him tried in a US court. But this will certainly do.
    I don't want to say great news. But a moment in American history. I am glad to know he will not do any more harm directly.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/wo...is-killed.html
    Last edited by majohnson; May-01-11 at 10:09 PM.

Never mind.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; May-01-11 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Read the full thread in context.

He's dead.

A grand reason to tone down our military spending to the nth degree.

That's kind of exciting.

I wonder if he died on the same day as Cuban-American Terrorist Orlando Bosch [[one of "our" airline bombers, with former ties to the CIA, like so many others)...Maybe next week it'll be Gulbuddin Hekmatyar's turn, or maybe Luis Posada-Carrilles...

Meanwhile the terrorists known as Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld, etc. are still free.

Anyway, can we get the hell out of A-stan now?

Buy American Guest

Three cheers to the USA. He's dead and we have his body to prove it.

I say drag his body through the streets and let everyone take back a piece. Good work US military!!!

Hmm, all the sources say he was in a mansion in Pakistan, but some sources are saying he was shot in the head.

We had his DNA just in case he was in an explosion , they have his carcass so that leads me to believe
    he was killed by other means . Anyways it was quicker than the thousands of deaths he was responsible for . I would have rather had a capture and trial

GUSHI Guest

Good work , the sad thing is he will just be replaced by another one.

Good work! But.....I'm wondering about retaliation.

President Obama, has finished what Bush had failed at.

4 more years!

Yep, he was shot in the head per NBC.

Clear victory, but i worry about retaliation. We cant go back to the way we were before 9/11, but at least justice was done for the 3000 lost

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    President Obama, has finished what Bush had failed at.

4 more years!
    Not quite, don't forget 1992.

He was just misunderstood with a troubled childhood. If only Jane Fonda or Yoko Ono could have got to him first, he could have got some counseling and become a reformed man. There are no bad people in this world, just victims. Killing is never the answer. I'm sure all liberal minded Americans will feel the same way. When is death excusable? Murder is not the answer to murder.

in closing, i think they should burn his corpse at ground zero and let us all piss on his ashes.

For those who didn't know, this is also the 8th anniversary of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech for the Iraq War.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    He was just misunderstood with a troubled childhood. If only Jane Fonda or Yoko Ono could have got to him first, he could have got some counseling and become a reformed man. There are no bad people in this world, just victims. Killing is never the answer. I'm sure all liberal minded Americans will feel the same way. When is death excusable? Murder is not the answer to murder.
    ..... or maybe that conservative minded group that can reprogram Gay people as Straight could have done their magic on him..... LOL....
    Last edited by Gistok; May-01-11 at 11:46 PM.

From what I remember... if you bury a Muslim in a coat of pig skin, and stuff pork down his throat before burial.... they can never make it to heaven..... Sounds like a good recipe for no 72 Virgins for Osama...

So long dip shit, hope you got to look the guy in the eye who pulled the trigger on you.

He was just misunderstood with a troubled childhood
    For a guy who "works more than ten hours a day, six days a week" Papasito sure finds a lot of time to log on and make stuff up...

OBL was from a very wealthy family in a very conservative country [[Saudi Arabia). [[Saudi Arabia has been very effective in spreading their form of ultra conservative Islam to other countries in the world). OBL gave up his life of comfort to go fight the commies in Afghanistan, and was one of our "key allies" in the struggle against girls attending school, er, communism. These people were of course, Muslim Fanatics, but they were hailed as "The Moral Equivalent of our Founding Fathers" not by Yoko Ono, but by the Reagan crowd [[and by Charlie Wilson).

Ronald Reagan warned us about people who said "We're from the government and we're here to help you"...yet that was his message to the Muslim Fanatics....Perhaps it would have been cheaper and wiser to not meddle in the affairs of Afghanistan. Anyway, it's nice that this ultra conservative fanatic is finally dead..
    Now, anybody seen that other former recipient of millions of our tax dollars, Gulbuddin Hakmatyar?
    Last edited by barnesfoto; May-02-11 at 12:03 AM.

lilpup Guest

finding the over the top celebratory reactions to OBL death offputting - like crowd delirium when Lions win - mark of losers, not champions

job's done, move on, there's more to do

Thank you brave American armed forces and the intelligence community,, and well done commander in Chief... well done... now maybe some of the families will feel justice has been at least partially served.

Default Nothing changes

We still have to Islamic radicals out there who will do anything possible to destroy the US.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast